The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

10 game ban pls for fashion crimes.
So...is Velcro back in fashion then?
nb3GlqI.jpg
okay maybe just shoot Bellerin. Repeat offender.

Echoes of the formation of the premier League, in that case it was five clubs (United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton and Spurs) that wanted a bigger slice of TV revenue than the other clubs in the division.

Good on the other clubs for saying no. If anything it needs to go the other way with more equal distribution of TV money (including champions League money) through the premier League and then through the lower leagues.

Pretty evident that City are and will sound the death knell of the premier league. Of course when I say City I mean Abu Dhabi
Seems to me that Spurs were very much involved. Any criticism of them, or all big, bad, City's fault?

Last edited:
Seems to me that Spurs were very much involved. Any criticism of them, or all big, bad, City's fault?
Did you read the article? Seems to me it’s citys owners who instigated wanting a bigger share of the foreign tv deal cash. Spurs not even quoted as part of the gang, although they do refer to the “big six”. The meeting in the US seems to have taken place between city, United, Liverpool and Arsenal board members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a bit of a balancing act when it comes to sharing money.

People that run the league would want the top 6 to represent the league in Europe very well. But also the sides below 6th need help to be brought up to a competitive enough level so then there is no "top 6".

It amazes me how footballers could literally buy any piece of clothing they want and they wear some utter ******* garbage.

I remember going to Man Utd vs Socceroos at the MCG back in 1999. Ran into Solksjaer / Stam at Crown afterwards. OGS was wearing a shithouse tracksuit that wouldn't have looked out of place in St Albans.

Nah. I'm a campaigner. I am not going the man. If i was i would suggest that you are a blind stat merchant.
It's not hard to go the man mate anyone can do it, you of all people would be an easy target but most prefer this board to be constructive and respectful.

Since you're so confident you're right and I'm wrong why don't put your money where your mouth is - when Hazard doesn't win POTY (because even a blind stat merchant could see he hasn't been this season's best player :rolleyes:) you take off for a while :)

Pretty evident that City are and will sound the death knell of the premier league. Of course when I say City I mean Abu Dhabi
Hmm. 100 billion trillion dollars seemingly isn't enough for them. Let's go and see if we can fleece a few million more out of the other clubs. Mind you the other top 6 were happy to go along with it so........

Last edited:
Hmm. 100 billion trillion dollars seemingly isn't enough for them. Let's go and see if we can fleece a few million more out of the other clubs. Mind you the other top 6 were happy to go along with it so........
Do you really think other clubs are just "going along with it"?

Criticise City all you like, but don't excuse the actions of other clubs including your own. They all have plenty of money and they were all involved because they wanted to be involved.

Do you really think other clubs are just "going along with it"?

Criticise City all you like, but don't excuse the actions of other clubs including your own. They all have plenty of money and they were all involved because they wanted to be involved.
Umm I agree with you as that's what I meant. Clearly I should have worded it better. I'll try harder next time.

The EPL doesnt have a stand out team so its not really the same.

Strange comment.

There’s been 4 different EPL winners in the last 14 years.

There’s been 5 in the Bundesliga.

7 different teams have occupied the top 2 in the EPL in the last 20 years, there’s been 8 in the Bundesliga.

Especially strange considering an EPL team broke the 100 point barrier for the first time in history last year.

It's not hard to go the man mate anyone can do it, you of all people would be an easy target but most prefer this board to be constructive and respectful.

Since you're so confident you're right and I'm wrong why don't put your money where your mouth is - when Hazard doesn't win POTY (because even a blind stat merchant could see he hasn't been this season's best player :rolleyes:) you take off for a while :)
Feel free to have a crack whenever you like.

Plenty agree with me and don't just look at stats.

Strange comment.

There’s been 4 different EPL winners in the last 14 years.

There’s been 5 in the Bundesliga.

7 different teams have occupied the top 2 in the EPL in the last 20 years, there’s been 8 in the Bundesliga.

Especially strange considering an EPL team broke the 100 point barrier for the first time in history last year.
In the last 20 years Bayern has won the league 14 times and the major domestic cup 10. Seems pretty stand out to me.

I guess its like the EPL before us and City came into the big money to compete with United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back