News New Jumpers For 2019 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a pretty blunt answer to be honest.
They said we will be wearing Nike in season 2020. The mood kinda changed... I’ll take their word but definitely felt like they answered in frustration 🤷‍♂️

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
i find it so hard to believe they would sign another contract with Nike after what has happened

To further add to the 'no retails' news, I found out last night that ISC aren't producing Crows and Port guernseys with Optus and GLG on them.

Interesting. I’m sure I read somewhere that they would be on the “next batch” due in May. Wonder if theres been a backflip?

Sponsors should see that as a big issue and a loss. It’s basically timeless advertising.

The majority of people buy one jumper, wear it until they’re 19 and over it, and that’s it. You could sponsor a jumper for one year and have your logo floating in crowds for 20+.

Good point. You prompted me to check my PB & Ansett Cup jumpers - they are retails and had no sponsors on them though (I prefer them that way actually).

Like subliminated?
Makes sense, I have a Jeep ironed on logo from when we signed them late
Yup. Not for sale at all.
I got a pretty blunt answer to be honest.
They said we will be wearing Nike in season 2020. The mood kinda changed... I’ll take their word but definitely felt like they answered in frustration 🤷‍♂️

God DAMN IT.
Interesting. I’m sure I read somewhere that they would be on the “next batch” due in May. Wonder if theres been a backflip?
That was also me, I only said ISC's next batch was May, not with Optus or GLG.

To further add to the 'no retails' news, I found out last night that ISC aren't producing Crows and Port guernseys with Optus and GLG on them.
Im a bit disappointed with this but theres only a small chance I would have bought one anyway. As I have made quite clear hear before I strongly dislike the silver clash and Im not a big fan of the number panel on the home.

Im a bit disappointed with this but theres only a small chance I would have bought one anyway. As I have made quite clear hear before I strongly dislike the silver clash and Im not a big fan of the number panel on the home.
The number panel is just so Port

Weird and unpopular opinion, but I'd rather Nike butcher Carlton's jumper and be in the AFL, than Carlton wearing ISC and there being no Nike in the AFL.

Weird and unpopular opinion, but I'd rather Nike butcher Carlton's jumper and be in the AFL, than Carlton wearing ISC and there being no Nike in the AFL.
I don't know man, Nike are losing all control and respect at the moment... better I think they step away
I get the idea of "big names" in the competition, but I wouldn't even call Nike a big name right now

I think the best option for Nike would be to step away from AFL and asses the situation and where they went wrong, which could involve expanding their Australian operations (if they even have any) and analysing what teams and fans want (and what others do well), and the standards that they need to live up to (no heat-pressed logos is a big one here) to ensure they can reach late-90's levels of satisfaction again.

After taking time away, they will be better positioned to come back into the AFL - if a team comes out of contract, then Nike can come in and pick them up.

All this is really a dream scenario though (if Nike shapes up, I'd love them to work with the Cats). It pretty much depends on whether Nike care about the AFL, but I think they have little to no interest in the sport given their huge commitments to the NBA and NFL

I quite enjoy the silver, and it's closer to the traditional Magpies colours than teal! But you're right about the number panel, it's a half assed attempt at bringing the two clubs (they are two clubs, not saying they're separate guuuyyys) closer.
Says the non-Blues supporter.
I get your stance, Nike are iconic, but... no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Lot of people think like this and I simply don't understand it, because Nike is Nike they are given a leave pass to butcher an AFL Jumper. The sit of it looks cheap and the Australian Rules Football simply cannot have a jumper with all iron on's, they get damaged so easily, works in soccer, but not in our game.

A Lot of people think like this and I simply don't understand it, because Nike is Nike they are given a leave pass to butcher an AFL Jumper. The sit of it looks cheap and the Australian Rules Football simply cannot have a jumper with all iron on's, they get damaged so easily, works in soccer, but not in our game.
I felt the same a few years ago re Adidas and the terrible templates

I felt the same a few years ago re Adidas and the terrible templates

Eventually they shaped up though, which only came after they ditched Collingwood, Essendon and Adelaide and picked up Hawthorn. Nike will probably follow a similar path, ditch Carlton, fix up their mistakes and then start fresh with a new team (Geelong please :))

The brisbane jumper would be a million times better without those stupid watermarks. If they were with Puma you would not see them much at all

I ****en hate watermarks with a passion. Puma need to get rid of ours too even though they are more visible on the retails than the Pi’s.

The 2017 Richmond Puma retail guernsey didn’t have any watermarks and it looked way better

For some reason I really like the watermarks on the Lions strip.

I see where you're coming from with having big names, but Puma and Adidas are pretty much as big as Nike, and are producing significantly better gear all around. Even when Adidas had a shitty template they were producing reasonable looking stuff.
Carlton's stuff at the moment looks like Best and Less stuff with a nike tick slapped on it.

'New'. They wore it last year, it's the home guernsey with a white back :)

If the Conan jumper is what the players will wear then the back of the shoulders are slightly different and isn’t as curved as 2018. So while not a completely “new” style it is different to 2018’s. The back collar also all red without the white patch.

Attachments

• 7876E761-1103-441F-A281-CB8CF7479F8E.jpeg
    7876E761-1103-441F-A281-CB8CF7479F8E.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 44785E0B-9400-4B63-9BFF-FA947C503D15.png
    44785E0B-9400-4B63-9BFF-FA947C503D15.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 212
The straight back one flog O'Brien has on is about eight times better. It goes from looking like a clash jumper to looking like the OG Sydney Swans one.

Just without the side panels that were a feature on the Opera House mk1 guernsey, this is pretty much the Opera House mk1.5 kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back