Training 2019 Giants Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...b/news-story/9cccf7b483544e6750edacb8e2cb668e

Most likely bolter for round 1 from ... GWS GIANTS

The silver lining to last year’s Giant exodus was the influx of ready-made young guns that could debut early in 2019. At this stage, South Australian midfielder Jackson Hately appears the most likely for a Round 1 berth. After looking a class above physically during his draft year, Hately has slotted into the Giants’ AFL program with aplomb. Fellow first-round draftees Jye Caldwell and Xavier O’Halloran could also be in the Round 1 frame, but Hately appears slightly more advanced at this stage.

What are you guys feeling about Callum Brown? How is he getting on down there in training so far? He is a very talented footballer:

Last edited:
What are you guys feeling about Callum Brown? How is he getting on down there in training so far? He is a very talented footballer:

Not many mentions of him in any pre season articles just the Emma Quayle on on the draftees but I would say he is a long term prospect and with an injury free run he should be developing all year in the NEAFL. I think as the first real Irish signing it will be important for him to settle and get used to the game and see how he develops.

So i am thinking to go to this fridays intra club but any ideas on what time it is and suggestions for parking? And if it will be open to the public? I just know it is this friday at Tom Willis and maybe the club puts something out during the week

So i am thinking to go to this fridays intra club but any ideas on what time it is and suggestions for parking? And if it will be open to the public? I just know it is this friday at Tom Willis and maybe the club puts something out during the week
Think people are generally welcome at any training or scratch matches. It's the clubs philosophy.

I catch a bus to Olympic Park so someone else would be more help with parking.

I expect the club will tweet something but you can always call them.

I will try to post comments on here and I think the article stated the club would be streaming it
Seem to recall they did last year.

I might go. Blacktown is a hike but I guess I cant bitch with Spotless so close. It is the heart of our zone. Better surface than Petersham last year as well, hopefully no green whistles and stretchers for either side. Setterfield did an ACL last year.

I think the realpolitik is clubs like the Hawks, Pies and West Coast can thumb their noses at the AFL with little consequence. Bit harder for clubs like us reliant in their largesse more and ultimately with our board serving at their pleasure.

I'm sure we excluded guys like Kelly, Toby and Tomlinson who have had interrupted off seasons. I'm at a loss to know how Zac William's wouldn't be selected by Eddie Betts if he was available as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not many mentions of him in any pre season articles just the Emma Quayle on on the draftees but I would say he is a long term prospect and with an injury free run he should be developing all year in the NEAFL. I think as the first real Irish signing it will be important for him to settle and get used to the game and see how he develops.

Understandable, do they upload NEAFL games/highlights to YouTube or anything? I'm really interested to see how he develops. I assume it starts same time as AFL season?

Last edited:
Understandable, do they upload NEAFL games/highlights to YouTube or anything? I'm really interested to see how he develops. I assume it starts same time as AFL season?
Some of the NEAFL ganes are live streamed and stats are available on the NEAFL website. It's generally a week or two after the AFL season.

NITV does the NT Thunder games on FTA. As far as Ikm know no-one produces NEAFL highlights packages though, sadly.

We get to see some games easily with most Spotless home games having a NEAFL curtain raiser, which is old school, but great. Wont help if you're not in Sydney sadly.

Squads for the trial.

Stream is up on the app as well.
1897692e1da36221718ef8aeb2178fa2.jpg
3dd3b21f8b9101a65617a4b91d27a8e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Crikey I hope the boys are rusty. No buddy and no menzel yet and getting spanked. So far have looked non existstant going forward. It's a bit like watching the NEAFL team at the moment

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
We have quite a few leaders missing.

I do note we are trying our old beat em with behinds strategy.....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back