Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the fact that Wells is prepared to forgo the final year of his contract and if the club see fit to have Wells mentoring our young players be they Black or white as compensation long term I do not see a problem with that either.Wells strikes me as a fit and proper person to be teaching football skills and life skills,he is 1 player who you hear no bad stories about,win win as far as I see it.

I like the fact that Wells is prepared to forgo the final year of his contract and if the club see fit to have Wells mentoring our young players be they Black or white as compensation long term I do not see a problem with that either.Wells strikes me as a fit and proper person to be teaching football skills and life skills,he is 1 player who you hear no bad stories about,win win as far as I see it.
A few North people I know, who know people at North, say he’s a gem. Rock solid guy. Wonderful ambassador for the game.

Maybe Wells taking a cut could allow us enough relief this year to front end someone else’s salary and provide future relief?

I guess to begin with that’s clearly not what a journo is getting at when they state it’s providing cap relief.

I’m also assuming you mean like what the likes of you, Loki and I were screaming for with Grundy, JDG and Moore when Wells and Mayne were recruited? This is what we were trying to explain to the more sheep like personalities and it never really sunk in. Unfortunately I’ll put it in the wishful thinking column.

Put me in the cynical camp - must be something post football teed up or an extension year. No one gives up $400k for nothing.

Put me in the cynical camp - must be something post football teed up or an extension year. No one gives up $400k for nothing.

I'm not sure how it matters. Surely the club wouldn't simply employ someone without there being a benefit. FD tax has ended that sort of luxury.

I'm not sure how it matters. Surely the club wouldn't simply employ someone without there being a benefit. FD tax has ended that sort of luxury.

Yeah I should have added, I’m not that fussed. Just withholding the Knighthood nomination for now.

A phenomenal gesture!!!! Who just gives up 400K in their last year of football!? And, its not as if we are the club he has life long supported and played most of his career at or anything, staggering!!!

(I smell a 'Goodwill Ambassador' type role coming on in 2020).

Interesting to really feel the sentiment towards Wells shift after the salary gesture. Not denying it's a great thing but to some on here he really seemed like persona non grata.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks about 45 there

I can't understand the motivation behind that statement. Is it to say that he has aged, that he looks old and unfit, or just that you're not attracted to him?

The motivation is to express my opinion, sometimes I like to do that on an opinion-based forum.

Fair enough Kappa, peace.

I found it an interesting observation on your part given the context was (a) Wells displaying goodwill towards the club by relieving the financial burden of his contract, and (b) his role as an ambassador and his heritage. Apologies if I came across as a smart-ar*e. :)

Fair enough Kappa, peace.

I found it an interesting observation on your part given the context was (a) Wells displaying goodwill towards the club by relieving the financial burden of his contract, and (b) his role as an ambassador and his heritage. Apologies if I came across as a smart-ar*e. :)

I'm not commenting about the context of the photo, more so the grey hairs and wrinkles

I'm not commenting about the context of the photo, more so the grey hairs and wrinkles

Exactly.

We weren't discussing his looks or grey beard, so your comment was left-field at best and mean at worst.

Let's leave it.

Social media, of which big footy is in that category, can reveal some of the uglier side of character.

Echo chamber, cyber nastiness, bullying, put downs.... they filter through, at times. Shame really.

Revealing though.

Just a passing thought.

NB: just a general comment, not Daniel Wells in particular.

(Daniel deserves better in my view.)

Social media, of which big footy is in that category, can reveal some of the uglier side of character.

Echo chamber, cyber nastiness, bullying, put downs.... they filter through, at times. Shame really.

Revealing though.

Just a passing thought.

NB: just a general comment, not Daniel Wells in particular.

(Daniel deserves better in my view.)
Daniel deserves a premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back