Player Watch Daniel McStay (Injured His Knee #1370)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like they didn't mention that McCluggage was out of bounds when he centred the ball to Daniher.
Jeremy Cameron set the precedent.
Yep. Not one replay of that moment too. I'm certain he took it out in that final movement as he turned and centred the pill. The same can be said of Nick's snap in the last term. Not one obligatory side on goalpost vision of the touch even though the most obvious get replayed three times every week! No edict from the AFL on controversial moments being censored?

Markov's was a momentum changer when the game was running away from them. But they conveniently forget that....
It was an atrocious call. Utterly unfathomable. The rule was brought in to prevent players from holding up the play and preventing the player in possession from playing on. Markov was moving away from the player with the pill at a rate of knots and was in no way holding up play or in any way restricting his ability to play on. At best the ump should have given a second warning but he should never have opened his mouth given the fact there was no impeding of the player with the ball.

The stand rule applies once a player is set on the mark and is tempted to jump up and down or move sideways. It was a disgraceful decision at a key moment in a grand final and altered the momentum of the game. Meredith I believe it was, should have been hauled over the coals for that abomination. It was just so lacking in a "feel" for the game.

Precisely. In contrast, WHE's mark and subsequent kick to Crisp moments before the siren in the second quarter was definitely hampered by the Lions player who not only wrapped his arms around Hosk after his mark, but then stepped forward as Hosk backed up to kisk to Crisp. Although clearly overstepping the mark, not a single word from the umpire....

Precisely. In contrast, WHE's mark and subsequent kick to Crisp moments before the siren in the second quarter was definitely hampered by the Lions player who not only wrapped his arms around Hosk after his mark, but then stepped forward as Hosk backed up to kisk to Crisp. Although clearly overstepping the mark, not a single word from the umpire....
How many times have you watched the replay?

It was an atrocious call. Utterly unfathomable. The rule was brought in to prevent players from holding up the play and preventing the player in possession from playing on. Markov was moving away from the player with the pill at a rate of knots and was in no way holding up play or in any way restricting his ability to play on. At best the ump should have given a second warning but he should never have opened his mouth given the fact there was no impeding of the player with the ball.

The stand rule applies once a player is set on the mark and is tempted to jump up and down or move sideways. It was a disgraceful decision at a key moment in a grand final and altered the momentum of the game. Meredith I believe it was, should have been hauled over the coals for that abomination. It was just so lacking in a "feel" for the game.
And the Brisbane player had his back to the play from memory. Markov did absolutely nothing to prevent Brisbane from moving the ball on. In fact, he was guilty for trying to do the right thing.

No one has mentioned Framton abusing the umpire in the last quarter (on the wing).

The guy can't be the sharpest tool in the shed to try that in a tight Grand Final.

Thought his job on Andrews was very good for 3 quarters but he and Ginni were the lowest performing players on the field in the last quarter by a healthy margin.

Twice. And only to half time. Still can;t settle the nerves enough to watch the full game. I still get nervous watching 1990!!
That doesn't make a lick of sense, and how is the first half and less tense.

I was there and my fingers didn't stop tingling until about 5 minutes into the second quarter, but at point, you just have to settle in and see what happens... But you know what happens... So there's no tension.

That doesn't make a lick of sense, and how is the first half and less tense.

I was there and my fingers didn't stop tingling until about 5 minutes into the second quarter, but at point, you just have to settle in and see what happens... But you know what happens... So there's no tension.
You're assuming that I'm logical, reasonable and rational. I can assure you that this is not the case whenever I watch a Collingwood GF - live or replay! It's a curse! :weary:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Not one replay of that moment too. I'm certain he took it out in that final movement as he turned and centred the pill. The same can be said of Nick's snap in the last term. Not one obligatory side on goalpost vision of the touch even though the most obvious get replayed three times every week! No edict from the AFL on controversial moments being censored?

They replay the s**t out of other teams when the shoes on the other foot, BT would be asking Hodgey and Richo for their thoughts on it for next quarter and a half.

No one has mentioned Framton abusing the umpire in the last quarter (on the wing).

The guy can't be the sharpest tool in the shed to try that in a tight Grand Final.

Thought his job on Andrews was very good for 3 quarters but he and Ginni were the lowest performing players on the field in the last quarter by a healthy margin.
That could easily have been seen to be dissent and 50m. He would be tarred and feathered if that had led to a goal!

Nobody noticed it probably because too busy watching the actual game

Every time I’ve watched Brisbane play I’ve seen Mcluggage spray shots left, right and centre, I mentioned to my Brisbane supporting mate that mcluggage is the worst finisher in the afl and he agreed while we were watching the lions prelim,
So right on cue he steps up and kicks a left foot snap and an almighty crucial set shot against us, only against Collingwood I tell ya.

Every time I’ve watched Brisbane play I’ve seen Mcluggage spray shots left, right and centre, I mentioned to my Brisbane supporting mate that mcluggage is the worst finisher in the afl and he agreed while we were watching the lions prelim,
So right on cue he steps up and kicks a left foot snap and an almighty crucial set shot against us, only against Collingwood I tell ya.
They didn’t win so he can have his moment of glory

Krak done his in a praccy game in early 2012 and returned by finals to kick 4 against Hawthorn in the qualifying final. Each individual is different. One thing is for sure is that he'll have the best person to guide him through in Wadey and let him know if a 2024 return is possible

Krak from memory had a cadaveric graft. It didn’t come from his own hamstring or quads tendon.

Krak had a deceased person's tendon grafted to his knee, not sure why no one does it anymore

Tissue donation is not cut and dried, just as with donor organs. Also the indigenous community have cultural concerns with using tissue from cadavers, not sure how Krak got around this.

I sent an expletive laden psychic dagger his way at the time (psychic because my 8 month old granddaughter does not need to know some of the words used).
Other than a few s**t umpiring calls and non-calls it was the first GF I ever watched confident we would win in the end.....

Tissue donation is not cut and dried, just as with donor organs. Also the indigenous community have cultural concerns with using tissue from cadavers, not sure how Krak got around this.
They should try taking some tissue from comatose patients instead.

Can anyone link me to where the umpiring report came out for the grand final from the official AFL account/s?

Only one I've seen is the "has the umpire stuffed up" Twitter page which people often mistake for a legit account.

Excerpt from today's Herald Sun. Probably what we already know. Reef and Ash dukeing it out as McStay's replacement.

Even an enthusiastic Craig McRae got caught up in the battle to replace Dan McStay as Ash Johnson and Reef McInnes duked it out on Friday morning.

As the Magpies powered through one of their contest sessions at Wesley College, Glen Waverley – where each drill was designed to bring out the competitive instincts of the players – the coach gravitated to a forward-50 drill run by assistant Scott Selwood.

McRae, who returned this week from a study trip in the United States, was in full voice as McInnes and Johnson played side-by-side as attackers and aerial threats, against defenders like Billy Frampton.

One contest from McInnes brought a yell of “absolutely brilliant” from McRae.

The two forwards then played as deep targets with big man Oscar Steene in an expanded attacking drill, where both competed strongly and set up goals.

The two fringe forwards appear most likely to be given the shot to replace McStay as a deep forward, after he ruptured his ACL last month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back