MVP Tommy Boyd - The Grand Final Enigma

Remove this Banner Ad

He drank a beer, who gives a freaking s**t. Players drink during the season all the time. As long as he isn't going on crazy alcoholic level type benders, or drinking the day before training or a game there is zero issue. Injured or not.
Zero issue for a bloke, with mental health issues, to be drinking (seemingly alone at home) at 4am on a Thursday morning?

I'd rather he was out on a bender with mates.

Zero issue for a bloke, with mental health issues, to be drinking (seemingly alone at home) at 4am on a Thursday morning?

I'd rather he was out on a bender with mates.

I drink at home by myself late at night/early in the morning here and there. And I'm fine

He drank a beer, who gives a freaking s**t. Players drink during the season all the time. As long as he isn't going on crazy alcoholic level type benders, or drinking the day before training or a game there is zero issue. Injured or not.

There's a big difference between drinking a beer and going on a bender until 4am to the point you're so hammered you post a photo of yourself drinking a beer on instagram. Also, for someone who has mental health issues I can't imagine drinking at home by yourself until 4am is going to help things. Extremely irresponsible by Tom and embarrassing for him and the club.

I've smoked heroin and I'd consider myself a well-adjusted and reasonably successful young professional. That doesn't mean smoking heroin is okay.

Massive difference between a heroin, and a quiet drink at home.

Massive difference between a heroin, and a quiet drink at home.

Stop trying to frame this as something more tame than it is. Behind smashed at 4am isn't what I'd call a "quiet drink". I also never claimed that heroin and alcohol are comparable, I was using an example to point out the ridiculousness of your argument. Just because you've done something before and think you turned out okay doesn't mean that doing that thing is fine.

There's a big difference between drinking a beer and going on a bender until 4am to the point you're so hammered you post a photo of yourself drinking a beer on instagram. Also, for someone who has mental health issues I can't imagine drinking at home by yourself until 4am is going to help things. Extremely irresponsible by Tom and embarrassing for him and the club.

Fair call, but how does one know how many he has drunk, his state of mind, whether he was alone etc, purely by that one picture? That's my point, people are making assumptions about a picture that proves and shows nothing but the fact he has a beer and it was posted at 4am.

You're calling me out for making this seem tame, yet nothing even strongly suggests its the opposite/a worse case scenario at the same time.

I agree to a point but the optics aren’t great especially with reports about players using mental health as a way of getting out of drug tests etc.
I’d like to make it clear neither am I saying Tom doesn’t have mental health issues or is avoiding drug testing. It’s just a stupid thing to post online.

Fair call, but how does one know how many he has drunk, his state of mind, whether he was alone etc, purely by that one picture? That's my point, people are making assumptions about a picture that proves and shows nothing but the fact he has a beer and it was posted at 4am.

You're calling me out for making this seem tame, yet nothing even strongly suggests its the opposite/a worse case scenario at the same time.

I'd say that posting the photo on instagram of yourself drinking a beer shows extreme lack of judgement which indicates a state of severe inebriation. The timing of the photo and the fact that he removed it this morning supports that hypothesis.

I've completed my forensic investigation. The bottom of that beer can shows an expiry ending in 2020. Indicating the photo was very recent and most likely taken shortly before being posted.

I clearly need a life.
My forensic analysis suggests an absence of condensation on the can meaning it's either warm or an empty can, the contents of which were consumed long ago during normal drinking hours.
I conclude that no-one, no matter how depressed or how sore their back, drinks warm beer from a can or any other vessel and therefore it's a hoax designed to successfully troll Scrag, and in fact he's just got up to go for an early morning 10k run.

I woke up this morning and had myself a beer, around 5am. Worked 10 hours and even got a pat on the backside from my
boss.

What’s the problem snowflakes?

When was the last time you took 6 months off work for mental health issues? If Tom was doing his job I'd be less inclined to criticise him. As it stands our club is paying him a King's ransom to drink himself stupid until unholy hours of the morning.

Can't really justify this behaviour at all. Especially when the (rest of the team) seemingly trained today. I'm sure the club are stoked someone with an ongoing back problem in the rehab group is leaving no stone unturned in his comeback...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to probably accept this bloke will never be whatee want him to.

Too many excuses with this bloke in my books

When was the last time you took 6 months off work for mental health issues? If Tom was doing his job I'd be less inclined to criticise him. As it stands our club is paying him a King's ransom to drink himself stupid until unholy hours of the morning.
You are a good troll, not great, but good nonetheless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back