Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going for Hawks. Geelong could easily start to skip away when you factor in all of their home games still to come. I'm certain that the AFL would make us play a final there too if it came down to it.
A Geel v WCE final would 100% be at GMHBA or whatever stadium

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geez the commentators are idiots, talking down the Hawkins elbow in the back to Sicily behind play and saying he put mayo on it. I don't think it is worthy of anything but a fine but he got elbowed in the back behind play and didn't see it coming and went down. Not sure how he milked it when he went straight down with no expectation of any umpires watching.

He will get a fine or let off. 2 weeks if he was a no name player

Nah, I’m not so sure. I think us, Sydney and Adelaide would be immune to playing there. I think we would bring enough support to ensure it is played in Melbourne. At least one would hope so.
We aren’t a peasant club (aka Fremantle and Poort Power) or one of the newbies (GC and GWS).

More unlikely than likely I think

Freo played Geelong at KP in 2013 - the finals for that first week were :

Fri - hawthorn (1) v Sydney (4)
Sat - Geelong (2) v Fremantle (3)
Sat (n) - Collingwood (6) v port (7)
Sun - Richmond (5) v Carlton (8)

Four Victorian teams with rights to a home final, 3 of them MCG tenant clubs. Can’t play 4 games in 3 days at the same venue and no logical reason to use Etihad

Fairly unique set of circumstances leading to a Geelong final at kardinia park

We could conceivably end up having to play a final there and tbh if we do it’s because Geelong will have earnt a home final. But it’s far from 100%

More unlikely than likely I think

Freo played Geelong at KP in 2013 - the finals for that first week were :

Fri - hawthorn (1) v Sydney (4)
Sat - Geelong (2) v Fremantle (3)
Sat (n) - Collingwood (6) v port (7)
Sun - Richmond (5) v Carlton (8)

Four Victorian teams with rights to a home final, 3 of them MCG tenant clubs. Can’t play 4 games in 3 days at the same venue and no logical reason to use Etihad

Fairly unique set of circumstances leading to a Geelong final at kardinia park

We could conceivably end up having to play a final there and tbh if we do it’s because Geelong will have earnt a home final. But it’s far from 100%
Capacity has been upgraded since then though? Along with the lighting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gang

A few days ago someone posted a picture of Simon Goodwin with Simon Badloss superimposed
onto it.

I want to send it to a mate.

Can anyone remember where it was posted or have seen it around?

TIA

Duman offered 2 weeks for punching Whitfield in the jaw behind play

Naturally I expect Freo supporters to back this penalty given their continued outrage over Gaff
Dylan sheil gave someone a whack behind the play on the weekend,mirrored gaffs one quite a bit,just a bit lower,
Just like with the ladies a few inches can make all the difference

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ahahaha...check out the size of that cultural shift. No wonder Rocket failed miserably at the Gold Coast.
What a turkey - his antics were shutting down the whole coaches box. That guy kept telling him to be quiet because they couldn't think or hear. I can't believe that was going on 10 years ago, especially for a team that played a few prelims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back