Qafl 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Gazzaa,
strange one ....and its not as if the Magpies have set the world on fire so far.
Your right its a strong line up and I tip my Broady to win by 40 points.

especially when the Magpies appear to have named an even weaker lineup than last week. Not a single listed NEAFL player that I can see either, which hurts clubs with no depth. Do Aspley have it in for them or something? its a bye week for them!

Grand final has been confirmed for Metricon stadium. Thoughts on this?

Personally I would prefer a local club but if a golf coast side qualifies first (long way to go) logic says it should be on the goldy

Expected Surfers to belt Labrador today ... with Surfers playing very good footy so far this year after a great season result last year ... Labrador only won about 4 games last year with a percentage of 60 or so. Thus they needed to pick up some good recruits and they did, about 6 or 7 , but season to date only one of these guys has proved his worth be it Mckay ...seems the QAFL standard is a lot higher then a lot of these so called gun recruits think. !!!!!

Watched my Broady scrape home against the Magpies today. They had control of the game for most of the day but geez talk about trying to loose ,,, score of 10.16 should of been 16.10 ,,, extremely poor kicking for goal ... in the last quarter we had 75% gametime in our forward line but no system ,, just crowded and on 3 or 4 occasions the

Watched my Broady scrape home against the Magpies today. They had control of the game for most of the day but geez talk about trying to loose ,,, score of 10.16 should of been 16.10 ,,, extremely poor kicking for goal ... in the last quarter we had 75% gametime in our forward line but no system ,, just crowded and on 3 or 4 occasions the

sorry,,, the Magpies moved forward for goals on each occasion ,,, must say well done to the Magpies for getting so close.
Broady , after the mass exodus of good players from last year have a lot of work to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grand final has been confirmed for Metricon stadium. Thoughts on this?

Personally I would prefer a local club but if a golf coast side qualifies first (long way to go) logic says it should be on the goldy
I hope its on the back oval behind the old basketball Area Great ground

Metricon is a bit of a shock to me, there was nothing wrong with Southport I didn’t think. Why not wait until the season unfolds a little and decide between GC or Bris?
Anyway never too sure of the internal workings or decisions but from the outside both the location and timing of the decision seems strange to me.

Metricon is a bit of a shock to me, there was nothing wrong with Southport I didn’t think. Why not wait until the season unfolds a little and decide between GC or Bris?
Anyway never too sure of the internal workings or decisions but from the outside both the location and timing of the decision seems strange to me.

Extensive consultation with the QAFL clubs, their Presidents and other representatives.

Support for the decision was either unanimous, or close to it. Certainly unanimous for those that turned up.

It was also no guarantee to be achieved, and they've done well to get it done.

Despite the support of all (or most) QAFL clubs, and the extensive consultation with them - people still whinge. Which probably shows how hard it is to keep people happy!

Extensive consultation with the QAFL clubs, their Presidents and other representatives.

Support for the decision was either unanimous, or close to it. Certainly unanimous for those that turned up.

It was also no guarantee to be achieved, and they've done well to get it done.

Despite the support of all (or most) QAFL clubs, and the extensive consultation with them - people still whinge. Which probably shows how hard it is to keep people happy!

You take my tone wrong, it’s not a whinge but a surprise at the decision to play it there and lock it in now.

Still seems an odd decision made by all(or most) of the qafl clubs and headquarters when you can pack out a suburban club like Southport and have an awesome atmosphere.

Opinions are what these boards are here for Thommo and I don’t think I’m alone with mine.

Depending on who you talk to, there is nothing wrong with Yeronga, Southport, Broady, Grange, Metricon etc as potential GF venues.

The only venue with majority support is Metricon, so I guess it gets the nod.

Gazzaa,
strange one ....and its not as if the Magpies have set the world on fire so far.
Your right its a strong line up and I tip my Broady to win by 40 points.

Not that strange and not inconsistent with where I thought Broady's list has dropped off and will take time to gel.
Well done to them for hanging on.

None of their supporters post anymore after they were so smug on here a few years back.

They’ll get their **** together and win a few though

Bit harsh - but I guess you are referring to the posts from them about having the perfect "blueprint" to succeed as a club and we all should follow their lead.
Has Salary cap, points system and maybe injuries conspired against them - or have they not been following the blueprint. Very ordinary showing after halftime last week and will need to find some players with pace and class.

Depending on who you talk to, there is nothing wrong with Yeronga, Southport, Broady, Grange, Metricon etc as potential GF venues.

I reckon if you ask players and coaches - they would love to play at a quality stadium venue such as Metricon.
From a spectators viewpoint - I think it will be rather short when it comes to atmosphere compared to a club venue.
I agree - no problem in waiting till later in the season - it is a community comp at the end of the day.

But it will be a great luncheon for the AFLQ staff and sponsors!!

Not that strange and not inconsistent with where I thought Broady's list has dropped off and will take time to gel.
We had 8 changes between Round 2 and 3, then a further 5 or so the following week

Injury and unavailability hurts, but at least we have a bit more depth in the 2's than previous seasons, and a truckload of kids aged 17-20 ready to step up.

Hence y it is very annoying when people in this forum vag out headquarters no matter what their thinking. Damn hard job and the guy at the helm is as decent a person as you could find, a person who has been in the trenches as a player and in the dark days of trying to develop a footy code in the back blocks well before the lions or suns came on the scene. People might not agree with decisions but they need to recognise that they would always be given fair thought.

I love all the cocky surfers supporters... Be interesting to see how they go this weekend against some decent opposition for once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back