NFNL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive week for the league with big name signings. Fasolo the exact type of player you want. Will be a tough match up and will draw people down to watch.

Cant see Daniel Wells playing but would be the biggest signing of the lot if true.
Wells had his PCL repaired today. So he will be out of action in the short term

Not much going on, so I’ll do my early ladder predictor on seeing everyone’s recruits thus far.

Greensborough
Montmorency
West Preston
Macleod
Bundoora
Heidelberg
Northcote Park
North Heidelberg
Hurstbridge
Whittlesea

4th - 8th is going to be a raffle!

Not much going on, so I’ll do my early ladder predictor on seeing everyone’s recruits thus far.

Greensborough
Montmorency
West Preston
Macleod
Bundoora
Heidelberg
Northcote Park
North Heidelberg
Hurstbridge
Whittlesea

4th - 8th is going to be a raffle!
Could just imagine the crowd at the granny now if Mont and Boro were to play off. F@#KING HUGE

Temp grand stands? They had them throughout my entire junior career and you can place them all around the oval.

anyways not going to happen, very disappointing
More chance of Gold Coast Suns winning a premiership than this scenario unfortunately

Doesn’t seem that far fetched. Finals numbers were down.

People voting with their feet?
I agree with you and heard La Trobe as well. I'm guessing the partnership with Northern Blues is too strong with the NFNL and don't want a change. Whatever the reason looks like it will remain the same unless La Trobe get some stands going but who knows. Preston is more central as well but yeah small crowd figures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t seem that far fetched. Finals numbers were down.

People voting with their feet?
A Collingwood prelim on during the Div 1 granny wouldn't have helped the crowd numbers.

Plus banyule is a club with no following, just cash grabbers who come and go.

Unpopular opinion, unless they got stands in, it would be better off having the finals at Cramer.

Not sure how many have actually seen the space, but there is no way you could host a finals series there now and have everyone comfortable with good viewing spots. There is the rooms which will provide some rain/sun protection, a small hill for spectators, but other than that it would be a disaster.. Unless as mentioned they install temporary stands to have people sit but even then that wont help the issues the wind and protection from rain/sun.

For the most part there is actually a slight rise up until the fence and as good as it looks, the fence is actually quite high so little kids wouldn't be able to see over it if they are around the ground.

Just my opinion, don't shoot me :(

1575582216367.png

Unpopular opinion, unless they got stands in, it would be better off having the finals at Cramer.

Not sure how many have actually seen the space, but there is no way you could host a finals series there now and have everyone comfortable with good viewing spots. There is the rooms which will provide some rain/sun protection, a small hill for spectators, but other than that it would be a disaster.. Unless as mentioned they install temporary stands to have people sit but even then that wont help the issues the wind and protection from rain/sun.

For the most part there is actually a slight rise up until the fence and as good as it looks, the fence is actually quite high so little kids wouldn't be able to see over it if they are around the ground.

View attachment 789887
Looks great. Just need to dump a bunch of dirt and make a man made slope around parts of the ground. You would make plenty of $$$ in the process and would be a premier local football venue.

Huge amount of parking

Perfect location - Halfway between your Montmorency(16 mins) Greensborough (11 mins) and West Prestons (9 mins) Northcote (17 mins)

Let’s hope it actually happens in the not to distant Future.

Last edited:

View attachment 789887

I agree mate. I think it's the ground the league need to use in the future, but right now it's not quite there yet. I went and had a look a couple of months ago in person and on the outer wing (left of the image) the grass actually slopes up to the fence. You could only get one or two people deep on the fence to be able to watch. Cramer street has it's many, many flaws, but atmosphere is not one of them.

In saying that, as 10517z mentioned, if they can manufacturer a man made hill around the outer side, as well as a bit more undercover/seated area for the elderly, it'll be absolutely perfect.

I agree mate. I think it's the ground the league need to use in the future, but right now it's not quite there yet. I went and had a look a couple of months ago in person and on the outer wing (left of the image) the grass actually slopes up to the fence. You could only get one or two people deep on the fence to be able to watch. Cramer street has it's many, many flaws, but atmosphere is not one of them.

In saying that, as 10517z mentioned, if they can manufacturer a man made hill around the outer side, as well as a bit more undercover/seated area for the elderly, it'll be absolutely perfect.
Yep agree with the above points, I'm absolutely all for the Latrobe move it makes so much more sense, just don't agree with the outcry that we're not there this season. If this is the plan to make it more spectator friendly in the future, I'm happy to stay at Cramer until it's ready. No point moving for the sake of moving and then we are stuck at a ground that isn't quite ready.

Former Macleod and Richmond player on ESPN2 playing for Utah Utes vs Oregon Ducks in Pac-12 championship game
Just had one of his punts blocked unfortunately and at end of first quarter they are down 0-10

Will be interesting on how Greensborough bounce back after that draining end to their season for both the seniors and 2's. They should perform but looking forward to see who challenges them. Let's not forget how dominant they were this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back