Autopsy Richmond v Carlton, AFL Rd 1 2020 - Thursday 19 March 2020 - 7:25 PM (AEST) - Teams announced

Tigers v Blues - who wins?

• Tigers by lots

Votes: 56 67.5%
  • Tigers by a bit

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Draw? Too close to call?

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Blues by a little bit

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t think it will be played!

Just got a call from my brother whom was rostered to work (cabling)the game for Channel 7, told all 142 person crew not required!
1584523223347.png
All 142 person crew not required, just the 141 person crew yeah?

Don’t think it will be played!

Just got a call from my brother whom was rostered to work (cabling)the game for Channel 7, told all 142 person crew not required!
Pork pie?

Depends if you want to try and get a season out?
I applaud the AFL for trying to make it happen but nobody really knows what the future is going to bring. My thought turns more toward the annual slaughter of Carlton first up by Richmond. For Gods sake give The premiers a toughie first up. Not a guaranteed 4 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I applaud the AFL for trying to make it happen but nobody really knows what the future is going to bring. My thought turns more toward the annual slaughter of Carlton first up by Richmond. For Gods sake give The premiers a toughie first up. Not a guaranteed 4 points.
I guess the round 1 opening game has been set well before we were good, we used to get stomped every year by a big rival and I hated it year on year, until we came good.

FWIW - I am in the GF rematch game opening the season each year, the premiers hosting and they unfurl the flag. I reckon it would be huge.

Callum Coleman-Jones only an emergency?????????????????????????????

The new Carey not starting Rd1?

He can't be the new Carey....He's not a violent sex abuser.

What?
Anyway, word is North are going to offer him 990k per year on a 3 year deal next year.
I wonder if he'll take the offer?

Why would we do that when we have two gun key forwards in Brown and Larkey and drafted another beauty in Comben?

I was told all pre-season about CCJ, he can't even get a game?

Brown and "Larkey" lol

North, still irrelevant.

Didn't have his best game when we beat you last time we played (in the men's, we flogged your women as well) but was still good for a young bloke.

It is a shame how you finally get good and this season isn't gunna be a thing and you'll be overtake by a bunch of other sides for the next real show.

Didn't have his best game when we beat you last time we played (in the men's, we flogged your women as well) but was still good for a young bloke.

It is a shame how you finally get good and this season isn't gunna be a thing and you'll be overtake by a bunch of other sides for the next real show.
"It is a shame how you finally get good"
Hope you're not referring to North.

"It is a shame how you finally get good"
Hope you're not referring to North.

Righto, enjoy the last minutes of being good before the darkness descends for another three decades.

My query is more why don't they announce that along with looking to play multiple games in a week? On it's own it just makes no sense.

Dez,
I don't think the AFL have the operational freedom to announce confirmed match fixtures much beyond week to week, as they need to follow/adhere to the Governments directives and advice on the crisis, which can and is changing every few days.
If, for example the Gov. announces next week of a lock-down of all non-essential interstate travel, I doubt they will also announce 'with the exception of the AFL and NRL teams...?

Last edited:
Back