Prediction Round 1 2021 best 22 team

Remove this Banner Ad

nah but it is an online forum and really like all teams mentioned has no bearing on anything. Although he has played forward successfully as a junior. So not totally left field.

he's strong overhead and would give Larkey some much needed assistance. I did say I'd love to see that forward line. Didn't state it would happen, or that I feel it will. I of course hope it does.
I am with if you on McKay. So much more valuable as a forward. People here carrying on like he is a mix of Dench and Mighty mick. He played a few good games as a defender and could easily be a good full back but I think he would add so much more in the forward 50. Plus with Tazz, corr, Walker we have some stock in big defenders

nah but it is an online forum and really like all teams mentioned has no bearing on anything. Although he has played forward successfully as a junior. So not totally left field.

he's strong overhead and would give Larkey some much needed assistance. I did say I'd love to see that forward line. Didn't state it would happen, or that I feel it will. I of course hope it does.

Well that is disappointing....

1 of Mckay or J Walker will start forward (If Comben isn’t playing straight away) the other stay back with Corr and Taz

doesn’t bother me which one - we can always swap them at any point given their flexibility
Or adopt the Brisbane model and have a ruck type as that second forward. Xerri isn't a natural KPF, but can prolong Goldy's career and get some much needed AFL game time.

Or adopt the Brisbane model and have a ruck type as that second forward. Xerri isn't a natural KPF, but can prolong Goldy's career and get some much needed AFL game time.
Nah that’s a waste imo I’d rather Xerri just develop his ruck craft in the vfl and takeover from Goldy in 2 years

Out : Brown Higgins
In : Stephenson Phillips Corr

that is definite, so we need another Out

now BB is gone it means we can take another look at McKay forward
That is a good idea

I can’t believe Taylor is not best 22
I would play him before Garner Ats Dumont just to get the games into him

Out : Brown Higgins
In : Stephenson Phillips Corr

that is definite, so we need another Out

now BB is gone it means we can take another look at McKay forward
That is a good idea

I can’t believe Taylor is not best 22
I would play him before Garner Ats Dumont just to get the games into him
Out: polec

You might be right
If they were dropping him last year there is abigQ mark on him....let’s hope it was a coach thing

not a real surprise to see JZ cunners goldy and Tazz finish up
Garner hall Tyson Ats dubious too

we need every single one of our youngsters and draftees and recruits to make it
Any more mistakes and we are cactus

Nah that’s a waste imo I’d rather Xerri just develop his ruck craft in the vfl and takeover from Goldy in 2 years
Yeah because replacing a 300 game ruckman with one that's had sub 30 games is the pathway to success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we need every single one of our youngsters and draftees and recruits to make it
Any more mistakes and we are cactus

I agree that this is a very important time for the club to nail picks etc given we just finished 17th.

What I don’t necessarily agree with is that we have to nail every one of these picks. History suggests this is extremely unlikely. This was never going to be done in 1 draft/trade period. The messaging out of the club is 2 drafts are needed, which should allow for the buffer of the inevitable couple misses.

Honestly, who knows how they will step out under the new coach and with such a radical change in the list?

I'll have a stab anyway.

The starting midfield of Goldstein, Cunnington, Simpkin and LDU is a given now, with Jed being the other player guaranteed to be in the rotations. I personally consider Bailey as a lock in the wing/half forward rotations now, and Hall also did enough at the end of the 2020 season to hold a similar spot. Polec & Dumont will hold their wing spots for now, although Bailey is breathing down their necks.

R: Goldstein, Simpkin, Davies-Uniake
C: Dumont, Cunnington, Polec
Int: Anderson, Scott, Hall

I see Corr pushing Walker out of the starting defence and I reckon Young will debut.

B: Corr, McKay, Young
HB: Atley, Tarrant, McDonald

The forwards are a bit of a mish mash, but I would be starting Comben with an extended series of hit outs in the VFL and pushing games in to Xerri as a forward/rotating ruck. Likewise, Garner will start in the VFL to assure his body is right. Larkey owns the KPF spot now and KT's pressure will be good to see back in the side. I have given the nod to Taylor on the HFF, and of course Stephenson will take the other.

HF: Taylor Zurhaar, Xerri, Stephenson
F: Ziebell, Larkey, Turner

Tarryn is the big question mark for me right now.

Int: Thomas or Phillips?

Last edited:
Honestly, who knows how they will step out under the new coach and with such a radical change in the list?

I'll have a stab anyway.

The starting midfield of Goldstein, Cunnington, Simpkin and LDU is a given now, with Jed being the other player guaranteed to be in the rotations. I personally consider Bailey as a lock in the wing/half forward rotations now, and Hall also did enough at the end of the 2020 season to hold a similar spot. Polec & Dumont will hold their wing spots for now, although Bailey is breathing down their necks.

I see Corr pushing Walker out of the starting defence and I reckon Young will debut.

The forwards are a bit of a mish mash, but I would be starting Comben with an extended series of hit outs in the VFL and pushing games in to Xerri as a forward/rotating ruck. Likewise, Garner will start in the VFL to assure his body is right. Larkey owns the KPF spot now and KT's pressure will be good to see back in the side. I have given the nod to Taylor on the HFF, and of course Stephenson will take the other.

HF: Taylor, Xerri, Stephenson

No Zurhaar? Second in contested marks and leading goal kicker. He should be a lock.

Yeah because replacing a 300 game ruckman with one that's had sub 30 games is the pathway to success.

He will develop more playing VFL in his actual position rather than playing AFL and playing 20% in the ruck. Through the 2nds is generally how ruckman develop and it was no different to when Goldstein entered the picture.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah let’s play McKay as a forward , when he couldn’t even get a kick in the vfl at that position.

It would be beyond idiotic to move him forward now. He finally cements a spot and people call to swing him, I just don’t see the rationale in that. It’s not as though we’re stacked with tall backs either, which just makes it even more bewildering.

You stuff with a kids development like that and you get Lachie Hansen.

I'd go as far to say that a lynchpin KPD is just as significant as a lynchpin KPF in modern football.

Sure, we could move Ben forward, but would there really be anything gained in the process?

I'll have a stab anyway.

HF: Taylor Zurhaar, Xerri, Stephenson

Atley is a NO from me... Perez & Hayden are in front of "deer in the headlights Atley " now surely if we are serious about rebuilding our future with kids & not list cloggers

Atley is a NO from me... Perez & Hayden are in front of "deer in the headlights Atley " now surely if we are serious about rebuilding our future with kids & not list cloggers

Agreed.

If Atley plays in front of a fit Perez or Hayden , it makes the whole rebuild a farce.

Same goes for Hall up forward/midfield.

It would be beyond idiotic to move him forward now. He finally cements a spot and people call to swing him, I just don’t see the rationale in that. It’s not as though we’re stacked with tall backs either, which just makes it even more bewildering.

You stuff with a kids development like that and you get Lachie Hansen.

you seem to be saying that Hansen could have turned out different depending on his development

have you thought this through?

hansen was hansen
He had the career that a guy like Hansen has
He was good at some things, not so good at other things
I liked him as a forward

if you think you can turn guys like Hansen into a gun full back or forward you are Dreamin’

you seem to be saying that Hansen could have turned out different depending on his development

have you thought this through?

hansen was hansen
He had the career that a guy like Hansen has
He was good at some things, not so good at other things
I liked him as a forward

if you think you can turn guys like Hansen into a gun full back or forward you are Dreamin’

I have no doubt he could have been better, if developed in a more consistent way and you would be naive to think otherwise.

Hansen’s development by the club was diabolical and he lost a lot of confidence from being dragged forward and back year after year.

I’m not saying he would have been a superstar, but someone like Hansen who was a confidence player needed some confidence shown in him. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that his development was hindered from the way he was developed.

We have already moved McKay back and forth a few times. He has finally found his niche within the side, just leave the bloke alone to continue to develop.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back