Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard heaps of rumours about Rankine. He is definitely gettable as his family situation here is one that will almost certainly mean he will come back home within 2 years. Based on what I know, I am staggered gold Coast drafted him. I don't think they did their due diligence at all. Great kid but his family situation is the issue.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heard heaps of rumours about Rankine. He is definitely gettable as his family situation here is one that will almost certainly mean he will come back home within 2 years. Based on what I know, I am staggered gold Coast drafted him. I don't think they did their due diligence at all. Great kid but his family situation is the issue.

His family situation is why he shouldn't come home.

How does that tie in with him signing a contract extension last year?

Probably because he is still young and he is happy with the lifestyle. 100% everyone in the know thinks he will be back. Dangerfield signed extensions and still went home.

Bryce Gibbs came home too.

Rankine won't be coming home till the end of his career.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Its tempting to imagine if we have another leanish year and end up with Jason Horne this year, what the end of next year could be if we could somehow tempt this fella back - imagine adding him to our emerging midfield rotations...

he’ll be the new stiffy, as people wait for him every year to transition to the midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've a proven track record of helping young indigenous footballers who have family/off-field issues find their feet

Heard heaps of rumours about (crows player). He is definitely gettable as his family situation here is one that will almost certainly mean he will come back home within 2 years. Based on what I know, I am staggered (crows) drafted him. I don't think they did their due diligence at all. Great kid but his family situation is the issue.

I’ve read this script before

Its tempting to imagine if we have another leanish year and end up with Jason Horne this year, what the end of next year could be if we could somehow tempt this fella back - imagine adding him to our emerging midfield rotations...

I'm not convinced he'll end up fulfilling his potential. His talent is undoubted, but there's a huge amount of unrewarded effort required in order to impact enough contests to become an elite contributor in the midfield. Not convinced that kid has it in him. Looks to enjoy the razzle dazzle too much.

I'd say we should be preparing to spend at least $500k per season if we want to keep him.

And really, given our list, that should be easy
He’d want to show some massive improvement to be getting anywhere near that. It sounds unwise to offer that much at this time in the year.

Lukosius, Rankine ... in that order for me. One or both.

Nothing we can do other than what EVERY OTHER SUCCESSFUL TEAM DOES and offer them a monster contract so we get the best players to help us win a premiership.

When will we learn?

If we want to be the first organically built team to win a premiership that never had to splurge out to get an important player ... we might be waiting another 25 years!!

I'm not convinced he'll end up fulfilling his potential. His talent is undoubted, but there's a huge amount of unrewarded effort required in order to impact enough contests to become an elite contributor in the midfield. Not convinced that kid has it in him. Looks to enjoy the razzle dazzle too much.
Sorry - Rankine are we talking about? He has "it" in him, on him, on the ground where he ran, in his closet and probably a spare suitcase of it in the boot of the car.

Last edited:
Brodie Smith salty about a recent social media post by the crows media person to the point where he’s not talking to some people and left training early and not answering phone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back