Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why we need to get Josh Kelly. Whenever he sits on the interchange bench he has broad smile from ear to ear and never folds his arms....

FFS - We're taking notice of what Brian Taylor says???? The bloke is an absolute dribbler. The only people stupider than him are those who listen to his crap and take it seriously.

Last edited:
I don't know what's worse. Brian Taylor passing judgement on a senior player who is sitting on a cold day on the bench unsure if they'll be get a run - or the people who are responding to it like it's factual.

Facts:
  • Polec sat on the bench until he was subbed on
  • Polec played with reasonable intensity for the period he was on
  • Polec looked cheerful and engaged during the song

What was he thinking on the bench though? He might've been contemplating quantum physics. Or whether his baby will be up all night with croup again. Or what they're having for dinner that night.

None of us know.

I look forward to Brian continuing on and offering his psychoanalysis of all subs for the rest of the year.

I don't know what's worse. Brian Taylor passing judgement on a senior player who is sitting on a cold day on the bench unsure if they'll be get a run - or the people who are responding to it like it's factual.

Facts:

What was he thinking on the bench though? He might've been contemplating quantum physics. Or whether his baby will be up all night with croup again. Or what they're having for dinner that night.

None of us know.

I look forward to Brian continuing on and offering his psychoanalysis of all subs for the rest of the year.
Poly giving Jy encouragement at 1/2 time

9D978AFF-721F-4A20-B1BF-E33FC184FD13.jpeg

With Thomas out, you’d think he would come in this week.
I’d like to see what Polec can bring to our new gameplan & I reckon Noble would too.
Hope he can have a really good finish to the year & an injury free pre-season.
He is still contracted & is probably worth keeping over anything we would get via trade.

Poly giving Jy encouragement at 1/2 time

View attachment 1188174

Jy looking a little nervous there. BT reckons Polly's gone up behind him, put an arm around him and said, "Mate, we're two points behind and I blame you. If I were out there Walsh wouldn't have had a touch. If he get a kick in the first 2mins after half time, I gonna f***n kill you when you come to the bench."

Facts:

None of us know.

Polec sees a first year player get his nose broken by opposing player looks pissed, Brian interrupts it as doesn’t want to go on…

Polec sees a first year player get his nose broken by opposing player looks pissed, Brian interrupts it as doesn’t want to go on…

He also spent five minutes mystified why Phillips would have an ice pack on his head for a concussion which was basically a double down on cluelessness.

With Thomas out, you’d think he would come in this week.
I’d like to see what Polec can bring to our new gameplan & I reckon Noble would too.
Hope he can have a really good finish to the year & an injury free pre-season.
He is still contracted & is probably worth keeping over anything we would get via trade.

I don't think the 2022 wings are set at all and he has the tools we need so lets give him a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes he can play but he’s a midfielder and have any of us stopped to think that maybe he just isn’t best 22 right now.
Sure if there are injuries like Phillips broken nose or Thomas concussion then Ofcourse he comes in to play.

he’s just not demanding a game right now and that’s a good thing.
If he stays he stays and if he gets traded - the best of luck to him.

Yes he can play but he’s a midfielder and have any of us stopped to think that maybe he just isn’t best 22 right now.
Sure if there are injuries like Phillips broken nose or Thomas concussion then Ofcourse he comes in to play.

How can he demand a game if the only AFL he has played is a quarter as a medi sub?

BT was having cheap shots at Polec and Stephenson all Saturday afternoon. Not every one is cut from the same cloth. Nathan Buckley wanted 40 clones of himself and that didnt work. If the boys can play, get off there backs and let em play

He's just one of those middle age type who is becoming irrelevant and needs attention.

BT is a * knuckle

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why would the match committee put him in the 23 as the medi-sub if he was not on the verge of being part of the best 22?

Also, best 22 is very hard to define at any time. Rarely is any team in a position to field its "best 22"

In my opinion, Polec is a very good footballer, well and truly deserving of consideration as part of the starting line up when fit. I think we should leave aside our prejudices from last year, which for many clubs/players, was the year from hell, and look to see the team picked on merit. I think our coach is a smart and decent enough man to allow everyone to compete on merit for a spot in the team.

Lastly, it was Brian Taylor and really the man, in the "scale" of gooses, is very close to the Brownlow medal position. Anyone who can say in the commentary that "he kicked on his wrong right foot" has quite a major issue with the use of his cognitive powers. And may I also apologise to all "gooses' of the feathered variety. Very unfair to link them with BT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back