Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - has signed a 4 year contract extension to the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Tristan Xerri, Arse up bum down, show you can be the man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor form holding onto someone who doesn't want to be there. Cannot see him playing 5 games for us in 2022.
Then he'll walk into the PSD. And good on him.
Could be a case of the football department pulling rank.

He ain't a forward, he's a pure Ruckman and we need one with the other guys, bar Goldy, not fitting the bill.

Doesn't bode well for TC.

Xerri needs to get fit and bring the angry pills to games. Could be a valuable cog in our team in the future if he can do that.

Angry pills are not the problem.

Needs to have a huge off-season and push for the first ruck spot. Continue working on his forward craft and start clunking marks.

He has proved it at VFL level, let's see it translate to the big leagues.

I'm glad we kept X, but he must start clunking his marks on a regular basis, and work on his kicking, the ruckwork, and aggression at his age is well ahead of the curve, work hard at VFL level, and when you get a crack in the seniors, seize the opportunity, otherwise next year, sayonara.

I would have taken a future 3rd and run with it. But doesn't matter anymore, its about competing for the number 1 gig and that can only be good for developing craft. Hopefully his stubborn competitive streak comes out on the track, he will need it. And to start taking some big dukers

Work on his marking, his forward craft and the ability to charge up the wing to offer a tall option, and of course being smarter with his aggression. His tap work is fine/good. I really don't think he's that far off being an OK player, but the question is does he have the smarts and natural ability to refine a few aspects. Many others haven't, but I'm glad we have at least one more year to find out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back