Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out on the weekend that one of the large local gyms in the area has been operating for a number of weeks under the guise of allowing professional athletes to train.

They’ve been accepting local football contracts as proof and even registration in the Melbourne marathon event. From a friend that has been going, it’s fair to say that a lot of people are now ‘completing’ the 5km event.

Just found out on the weekend that one of the large local gyms in the area has been operating for a number of weeks under the guise of allowing professional athletes to train.

They’ve been accepting local football contracts as proof and even registration in the Melbourne marathon event. From a friend that has been going, it’s fair to say that a lot of people are now ‘completing’ the 5km event.

The "high performance athlete" definition is quite broad.

I'm not surprised. Dodgy people gonna be dodgy

Yeah but healthcare and aged care sure, yet we didn’t even have mandates for emergency services workers until the blanket mandate came in. But mandating people in an office, stupid and unnecessary.
well office people can work from home, its only if they want to travel in to the office.

Yep that's my employer's policy, globally. You can only enter an office if vaccinated.

intersting that it’s then left to individual managers to determine if such a person can complete their duties satisfactorily from home

the argument then could be that the person has actually done that for nearly two years

some interesting wrongful dismissal cases coming up, or constructive dismissal if a person remaining wfh is ostracised.

intersting that it’s then left to individual managers to determine if such a person can complete their duties satisfactorily from home

the argument then could be that the person has actually done that for nearly two years

some interesting wrongful dismissal cases coming up, or constructive dismissal if a person remaining wfh is ostracised.
I would be surprised if they were able to dismiss people who are WFH and unvaccinated. That would be one where I think wrongful dismissal would be easy to prove; company would need to demonstrate sustained poor productivity from the employee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be surprised if they were able to dismiss people who are WFH and unvaccinated. That would be one where I think wrongful dismissal would be easy to prove; company would need to demonstrate sustained poor productivity from the employee.

In our specific situation a lot of people work from home already - only about 75% of our staff live in a city where one of our offices is so WFH was already commonplace pre-pandemic.

Another key moment of why I no longer considered myself as part of "the left" was back in 2015 I had joined up in a gym for personal improvement(not just physical but social,emotional,psychological etc...) and they deemed it and inconvenience and they were offended by me even going to the gyms, calling me a RWNJ and a sellout. For them places like the gyms,pubs,restaurants and sporting stadiums were an inconvenience and had no place in their world. Worse still, they didn't consider that being a great way to make yourself a better person would make them better by default. Ergo when I see the so called "leaders" close down places, I hearken to those days where "the left" were inflammatory towards me.

As I have said earlier, I despised the right(Howard,Bush etc...) as a teen, but as an adult I loathe the left(Biden, Andrews/Dansaster etc...).

In short I do not like Republicans/Conservatives/LNP much how I don't like the Democrats/Liberals/ALP. I just wished that there was a major third party in the Centre that unites every disenfranchised member of "the left" and "the right", that for whatever reason are not considered part of "the left" or "the right".
Is Biden really on 'the left'?
Don't think many progressives over there claim him
Look I don't know about your personal experiences, but surely you don't think that gyms/businesses closing is the fault of the left?

I think PRguy has officially lost it. I hope Dans media team has a good mental health support network in place and they recover from their delusions soon.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is Dan having two-bob each way:
'Mr Andrews pledged the state will have endured its last COVID-19 lockdown when restrictions are lifted this week.

"That is what the national plan says, that's what I'm determined to deliver," he told ABC News Breakfast.'

Is Biden really on 'the left'?
Don't think many progressives over there claim him
Look I don't know about your personal experiences, but surely you don't think that gyms/businesses closing is the fault of the left?
crowdchart

And their detailed report on the election https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2020 has Biden even further on the conservative side. Just goes to show you how conservative the USA really is

crowdchart

And their detailed report on the election https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2020 has Biden even further on the conservative side. Just goes to show you how conservative the USA really is
The divide in the US (and increasingly Australia) isn’t Left v Right, but centralist v decentralist.

Tulsi Gabbard and Bernie Sanders would have got the same media treatment as Trump. And I say that liking only Gabbard of the 3.

The divide in the US (and increasingly Australia) isn’t Left v Right, but centralist v decentralist.

Tulsi Gabbard and Bernie Sanders would have got the same media treatment as Trump. And I say that liking only Gabbard of the 3.
Which is a serious issue, imo. I wouldn't want Australia too far in either direction. The political horseshoe concept exists for a reason

Which is a serious issue, imo. I wouldn't want Australia too far in either direction. The political horseshoe concept exists for a reason
I reckon we could find a lot of common ground over a couple of beers. Not just on The Mighty Bloods.

Not sure why Ghost Patrol laughed hysterically at it. It’s not a ridiculous viewpoint by any stretch. I find the power and wealth that has been accumulated by large corporations obscene.

Unless the employer's enterprise agreement or employee's employment contract specifically provides that an employee has entitlement to WFH, an employer is entitled to require the employee to work from the office. If an employee is unable or unwilling to attend the office because they haven't been vaccinated (and don't have a valid exemption), the employee will be in breach of their employment contract, and can be fired with no redundancy pay and no claim for unfair dismissal.

Unlike someone with a disability, where an employee is required to make reasonable accommodations, an employer has no obligations to accommodate an individual's refusal to get vaccinated.

Forgive my posting from last night/this morning I was a bit weird, I meditated with my cat and somehow feel better.

I noticed that the Actives went down noticeably. Also there was about 2894 recoveries.

Speaking of cats, I think that maybe it could be useful for schools to have some cats and dogs.

Forgive my posting from last night/this morning I was a bit weird, I meditated with my cat and somehow feel better.

I noticed that the Actives went down noticeably. Also there was about 2894 recoveries.

Speaking of cats, I think that maybe it could be useful for schools to have some cats and dogs.

Mate work places where safe should have them.

Unless the employer's enterprise agreement or employee's employment contract specifically provides that an employee has entitlement to WFH, an employer is entitled to require the employee to work from the office. If an employee is unable or unwilling to attend the office because they haven't been vaccinated (and don't have a valid exemption), the employee will be in breach of their employment contract, and can be fired with no redundancy pay and no claim for unfair dismissal.

Unlike someone with a disability, where an employee is required to make reasonable accommodations, an employer has no obligations to accommodate an individual's refusal to get vaccinated.
Surely employee would be able to point to government advice to “work from home where possible”. I suppose if the company decided to kill WFH for everyone then they could say we have no obligation to the anti vaxxer but if they allow WFH for others in similar roles the antivaxxer would still be entitled to access IMO

I reckon we could find a lot of common ground over a couple of beers. Not just on The Mighty Bloods.

Not sure why Ghost Patrol laughed hysterically at it. It’s not a ridiculous viewpoint by any stretch. I find the power and wealth that has been accumulated by large corporations obscene.
I couldn't agree more mate
The bit where you don't like Bernie is a bit confusing for me.
Do you think he is owned by large corporations or special interst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back