Analysis Changes v Suns - Round 10@Mars

Remove this Banner Ad

Naughton is playing.. both Dunkley and Treloar said so today as well

I suspect Naughts knee issues could be something that requires a clean out/oil change at seasons end and wouldn’t be fixed with a few weeks out of the game.

If the pains bearable, he plays. Hence continuing on last week.

I expect most would say the bottom performing players were McComb, Scott, McNeil (maybe Williams?)

Problem now is who to replace them with: Butler, Jones, Bedendo, JUH, Schache.

None of these are knocking the door down like West and Cleary have been and McComb, Scott and McNeil were killing it in the VFL. McComb is in maybe his 3rd game? And do bring some mongrel to the contest - was disposal as the issue. I am a fan of McNeil but hard to see what role he was playing. Scott did a couple do good things and has a few runs on the board so stays.

Roarke is closest but wasn’t great in the last VFL.

Crozier is the mystery - way too good for VFL and has AFL credibility.

I also think we need to keep being JUH in - then drop him down to get confidence and as soon as he has two good weeks bring him in - this is a future bet.

Apparently Hannan is a maybe - but can’t drop Buku.

Roarke for McComb
Crozier for Williams or McNeil

Don’t touch West! He gave us real pressure and intensity that we have missed.

Don’t touch Sweet.

I am not sure about two rucks unless the other ruck can play forward - English/Bruce is the best and I can see why Bevo wants to keep the structure. But as a back up no1 - he was very good. And a Sweet/English combo has a lot of advantages.

I am sure he would love the line in the AFL website:

“Sweet dominated the ruck”. I don’t care that Collingwood was using back up ruck. He Should be playing a lot more.

Have you not heard of Cody Weightman?

I’d like to see them both cleaning up around Naughton and putting that manic pressure on

At training yesterday English did full training including Mini practice match no problems moved well but gee he's dropped some weight.
JJ didn't train weightman no sling or bandage he said to us after training he's ok next week cheers me.

At training yesterday English did full training including Mini practice match no problems moved well but gee he's dropped some weight.
JJ didn't train weightman no sling or bandage he said to us after training he's ok next week cheers me.
Well he was doing something then, just jogging?

1652914363122.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could get a fit and firing Keath, TOB and Crozier in defence it’d certainly help in the air.

I wonder if we'd risk playing him purley as a forward and let Sweet & co look after the ruck?

I’d play English. He got through full training and he can play the forward/ruck role for a game. We need all the firepower we can get every single game. Should be more than fine considering his hamstring has had extra recovery time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back