Analysis Changes v Suns - Round 10@Mars

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d play English. He got through full training and he can play the forward/ruck role for a game. We need all the firepower we can get every single game. Should be more than fine considering his hamstring has had extra recovery time.
(I'm no medico but...)

Playing him for a full senior game before his body has recovered from the flu could set back his return to full fitness. We could lose more than we gain from it.

Glad to have a little bit of stability, and finally get the key back trio we’ve wanted, I just cannot understand how on earth we’re still picking McComb in this side every week, just screams of arrogance but anyway. Should be a good game
I also can’t understand how McComb keeps his place nothing more then a turnover machine

Last edited:
I would have done Crozier or Roarke in for Mccomb personally, but not the biggest deal. Beveridge is really reluctant to play Crozier now ever since he has fallen out of favour. Wasn't completely his fault, but didn't look great when he came on as the sub a few weeks ago to try and stay in the team.

Last week for a few boys with hopefully JJ, Duryea and English back in next week and the Hunter after the bye.

Crozier should be in for McComb with Daniel playing McComb’s role, Crozier taking Daniel’s spot in defence.

How he is keeping his spot is beyond me. He has a fair crack, but jeez I wish we took things seriously sometimes.

ROUND 10 TEAM
Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast
Saturday 19 May, 1.45pm AEST
Mars Stadium

B:
Ed Richards, Ryan Gardner, Tim O’Brien
HB: Caleb Daniel, Alex Keath, Bailey Dale
C: Bailey Williams, Jack Macrae, Anthony Scott
HF: Bailey Smith, Zaine Cordy, Tom Liberatore
F: Marcus Bontempelli, Aaron Naughton, Buku Khamis
R: Jordon Sweet, Josh Dunkley, Adam Treloar
Int: Robbie McComb, Luke Cleary, Rhylee West, Lachlan McNeil
Emer: Hayden Crozier, Josh Shache, Louis Butler, Roarke Smith

In: Tim O’Brien
Out: Taylor Duryea (illness), Roarke Smith (medi-sub)

Joel Jeffery's almost a key position player and I reckon we'll rely on Keath for some defensive stoppage work, similar to how he's done it against Hawkins when Hawkins rucks forward, and to lighten the load on Sweet and Cordy. We're not too talk in defence at all, though Duryea was a good matchup on Rankine so worry a bit.

Good to see OBrien back. I think a backline with TOB, Keath and Gardener will be far more effective than most realise. They have not played together yet but if they can string the rest of the season together I think they will surprise a lot and our backline will become a strength not a weakness.

Mccomb and McNeil is dumbfounding. If west, Lipinski or young played as bad as they have they would not get a game for rest of the season like Bevo did with West. I don’t care who we have but anyone is better than those 2.

Good to see OBrien back. I think a backline with TOB, Keath and Gardener will be far more effective than most realise. They have not played together yet but if they can string the rest of the season together I think they will surprise a lot and our backline will become a strength not a weakness.

Mccomb and McNeil is dumbfounding. If west, Lipinski or young played as bad as they have they would not get a game for rest of the season like Bevo did with West. I don’t care who we have but anyone is better than those 2.
Agree with you but there is a lack of options coming in, Rourke Smith tried, tested and failed, Crozier is in the Bevo bad books and we know what that looks like, who else plays?

Can’t question McComb’s effort, but struggle to believe we wouldn’t be a better side with Crozier in instead and shuffling someone else into McComb’s role.

Happy to finally see what a Keath, Gardner and O’Brien backline could be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree having TOB, Gardner and Keath all in together is very important. We have been susceptible in the air and to key forwards this year and the more these three can gel and get used to playing off each other, the better our back line will look. Hopefully gives Ed and the other mid sized running defenders less responsibility too and allows them to attack more. Hopefully Rhylee can string together a good run of games here also.

2 talls at each end (Keath, Gardner and Naughton, Cordy) and then a 3rd tall marking / intercept player (TOB and Khamis) is great balance and I hope we can stick with this setup going forward.

What is Bevo’s problem with Crozier. He had a massive form slump that he managed to come through and now he can’t get a game. I don’t get it. He’s a very dedicated and professional trainer by all accounts so surely it’s not his attitude. Surely he’s a better option than McComb.
It’s really strange, this guy should not be banished from the ones for this long now - he was probably our first picked defender 2 years ago

Agree having TOB, Gardner and Keath all in together is very important. We have been susceptible in the air and to key forwards this year and the more these three can gel and get used to playing off each other, the better our back line will look. Hopefully gives Ed and the other mid sized running defenders less responsibility too and allows them to attack more. Hopefully Rhylee can string together a good run of games here also.

2 talls at each end (Keath, Gardner and Naughton, Cordy) and then a 3rd tall marking / intercept player (TOB and Khamis) is great balance and I hope we can stick with this setup going forward.
Yeah it’s reasonably well balanced, straight swap Cordy for English next week and that’d be the best spine we’ve played in years

McComb might be the worst player getting an AFL game this week.

Why the MC decide to play with one less player every week is beyond me. Roarke is better as would be Crozier (yes even in the same role). Genuinely getting ridiculous now.
I agree, but at least he, or Butler or McNeill are not keeping someone with talent and desire, like West, out of the team these last two weeks. This does my head in even more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back