Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You have to wonder how having your CEO of the club, Hocking, who was the AFL's head of football operations between 2017 and 2021, plus the coaches twin brother Brad Scott, influences the cats game plan and recruitment. I’m still shocked that you could leave a position like Hocking had to go back to a club without any gardening leave for 2 years.

* the cats.

Dogs' flag hero re-signs for two more years at the Kennel

thank god singing GIF by WE tv

With Ely Smith being delisted today by Brisbane and RCD on the outer at Richmond, there is a real chance that in the highly rated 2018 super draft that picks 17 to 21 could be a real bust aside from Duursma.

17 - Sam Sturt (Fremantle) - 4 games
18 - Xavier Duursma (Port) - 57 games
19 - Liam Stocker (delisted) - 28 games
20 - Riley Collier-Dawkins (Richmond) - 11 games
21 - Ely Smith (delisted) - 0 games

Even Duursma was on the outer at Port this season

If they can get an unremarkable 100 games out of Duursma I wouldn't consider him a bust, but yeah that range is not that flash.

2018 is looking like a great one aside from that anomaly - the entire top 10 has definitely delivered so far.

With Ely Smith being delisted today by Brisbane and RCD on the outer at Richmond, there is a real chance that in the highly rated 2018 super draft that picks 17 to 21 could be a real bust aside from Duursma.

Sturt was very impressive in Peel's finals win over SF. I wouldn't call him a bust just yet.

I'm hoping Stocker gets picked up some where. Kid can play, just didn't get the best run at Carlton. But it needs to be the right type of club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selwood has had a career most people could only dream of. In terms of talent he’s probably not in Geelongs top 5 but I doubt there’s been a more important player. Definitely their best ever captain

Absolute legacy player for the club and for all the (deserved) criticism he gets for his ducking antics he’s never shirked a contest. Ever. Hard as nails and there isn’t a supporter that wouldn’t wish he was at their club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back