Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice win from us.

For us to make the final: We must NOT lose against the VICs otherwise we won't make the finals. All we need is a win ideally or a draw to make it to the final. Watch the VIC groundsman turn the pitch into a minefield since a flat pitch favours us since we only need a draw.

For us to have a home final: We would need SA to beat TAS outright (which seems unlikely) and hope that TAS doesn't get a lot of bonus batting and bowling points and for us to beat VIC with bonus points.

If SA and TAS draws then we would need to win and have max bowling BP in both innings and some batting points and hope that SA bats long enough for TAS bowling points to not matter plus SA bowls TAS out for less than 200 in both innings so TAS doesn't get bonus batting points.

Having a home final helps because we can draw but if we have to play in TAS then we would need an outright win.

Having a home final helps because we can draw but if we have to play in TAS then we would need an outright win.
This is no longer the case xIV, and hasn't been for a number of years. The HGA in Shield finals is greatly diminished these days. The first 2-3 days are a battle to gain the first innings BP lead and dictate terms from there.

Let's never forget that it was WA robbed by the stupid 'home team wins a draw' rule and Victoria who cheated their way to the title. That year should have an asterisk against it.

This is an opportunity for vengeance.

Wonder when people will start talking about Rocchiccioli getting higher honours.
After taking 25 wickets last season, he's fourth on the list this year with 37.

Compare this to Todd Murphy taking 14, albeit with 2 games less.

I'm on the Rocco train.

I was only half listening, and I'm not even sure it was the game I was watching, but there was suggestion during the one-day final that he should move to a state where he'd get more spin-friendly wickets and opportunities.

I was only half listening, and I'm not even sure it was the game I was watching, but there was suggestion during the one-day final that he should move to a state where he'd get more spin-friendly wickets and opportunities.
Agar plays before him in the 50 over games but he's first selected in the Shield.

He's more than handy with the bat as well.

Hope he stays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back