Preview Round 1 v Carlton MCG Thursday March 14 7.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree. Let's give opportunities to players with upside - those opportunities come from not playing / managing older players. At best we're treading water by playing veterans over 30 but more than likely we're drowning. Our next premiership window probably opens 2027 -8 so let's start getting games into the next wave of kids to come through. I do think the club at some point may start angling for a 15-16 finish cos we'd love to hit the next draft (where we have a strong hand) in the pointy end of each round.

For a premiership window to start in 2027-28 we would probably need to already have all our gun youngsters drafted by now, even a few years ago. We are nowhere near that. We drafted Cotchin 2007 for example and it still took 6 years just to be a team making up the numbers in finals. If we have a young team challenging for a top 8 spot by the end of the decade we have done well.

We look sooo much more dangerous when Bolton is in there.
But our forward line looks so much more potent when he’s down there

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

mini poll

are you #ECI or #eco

im surprisingly eco for the start of a season

feel about as interested as our veterans have looked since that west coast game where we knew it was over

but a campaigner like dimma will do that to ya

hope alan oozay can ignite the old arousal levels

and ffs get bakes out of the fwd line he hates it there, he sucks there compared to the backline, get grimes outta tbl and bakes in

then fugn get cumdawg into the fwdline

same old shyte im cancelling my membership if they keep treating cumdawg like this he fugn won the game for the 2s last week

but nooooo, we gotta have ol man panic at the disco fugn grapey grimes spudding it up and bakes out of position to make it happen

we are fugn cooked as a club for the next 20 years and wehn they look back they will know why

our treatment of the firestarter we need right now

View attachment 1926947
Quality melt pre- round 1

geez mansell and mrj best 22:shrug:,have we not learnt anything ? whats the point of drafting and trading in Clarke,Brown,Kozi,Cumbo etc if ya not gonna give them a run at it,cant see us winning with that line up,hope im wrong but geez,also as someones already correctly pointed out for FFS Bakes's best position is in the backline, and Prestia,Hopper,TT in the same side doesnt work too FRKN slow

since when did it become acceptable @ RFC that a small FWD gets games on the basis that he doesnt have to score goals,i think the worlds gone *ing mad if ya think thats what the RFC is all about,small FWDS that are *ing useless,truly wots goin on down there ?

prove me wrong FFS

since when did it become acceptable @ RFC that a small FWD gets games on the basis that he doesnt have to score goals,i think the worlds gone *ing mad if ya think thats what the RFC is all about,small FWDS that are *ing useless,truly wots goin on down there ?

prove me wrong FFS

Didn't we just win 3 flags with that attitude? I mean Daniel Rioli couldn't even pick up the ball in 2020, somehow it worked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the 5 day break and the Lynch and Dusty in , but not one senior player dropped from that pathetic effort your kidding me. That's been an issue last 2 years the kids take the rapt. I just hope Yze wake-ups to this because we're going to the same well and that well is dry we need to get games into youth.

Playing Mansell over Clarke is criminal and Brown should come in for Grimes. Besides Campbell our small and medium forwards we're crap Cumberland in for me or Coulthard. Yeah Kossie had a bad game , but why bring him into the club and drop him after 1 game give him a block of games now that Lynch is in the side to takes the heat off him. Kane McAuliffe in for me gives speed and a bit of go.

Last edited:
Seriously, how mint are the AFL.

Only they can make a team play off a 5 day break in round 1.

Seriously, what f-ing sense does it make to have a team playing off a 5 day break so early in the season where they are still working towards match fitness. Especially considering the list is the 4th oldest & our starting group is probably higher. What a stupid way to make a team start the season

Team is so much better then last week
Clearly had this one earmarked at full strength to see how we’ll really go. Will be much more competitive, not saying we’ll win but can see us competing and troubling them back home at the G! The team on paper last week combined with the Gold Coast build up was always gonna be a tough outing.

Keen to see what Yzes style looks like at the G with Lynch, Dusty and Nank. Balance just looks better already!

What did people think Kosi was? We gave up pick 49 for him. We gave him a modest 3-year deal. We are not stupid … he’s a 23yo Key position utility who is a big young body to play KPF when Lynch is injured / retired. He can also provide ruck coverage with Soldo gone and an injury prone Nank. And perhaps he can develop into a KPD down the track.

Last year the problem wasn’t so much Jack as a forward .. he kicked 30-odd goals. The problem was Jack’s opponent was often BOG for the oppo as Jack was cooked from a defensive capability. Kosi is young and fit and when he plays it’s going to be about providing a contest, kicking a few goals and not letting his man dominate.

If and when Lynch is injured imagine we didn’t have Kosi? Who plays KP forward to help Balta? Ryan?

Kosi is KP depth. Sure, we’d still be hoping he develops and becomes a solid senior player, but worst case he’s a big young body to provide assistance to Balta and to protect a raw Ryan up forward when he’s needed. He was never any sort of ‘saviour’ and it doesn’t surprise me at all with Lynch fit and Balta playing forward he’s in the VFL. That’ll be his spot whenever those 2 big guys are fit and playing forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

massive game for Taranto & Hopper.

We had the opportunity to get a younger, midfield prospect for around the same contract in Cerra 12 months earlier & went with them instead. Taranto i have a lot of time for as i was willing to gamble on his trade at the cost we gave up he won the bloody b&f, and did very well in the Brownlow. Hopper we were drafting coming off a 7 game season and a serious injury. I still have nfi why we paid the same contract & trade wise for both. Cerra at his age was always a better match.

Hopper / Cerra have real reason to be compared. Carlton gave up pick 6 & we had pick 9 and likely could have made a deal work with later swaps. We gave up pick 8 +31 for Hopper + pick in 50s, which is slightly more IMO. Cerra has definitely had the better 2 years & is still younger than Hopper than when we drafted him & featured in nearly twice as many matches, with higher disposal # and effectiveness usage. They have similar clearance & tackle rate, but Cerra is doing it at 22,23y.os Vs Hopper 26.27yo.s

Hopper should be frothing at the mouth to go head to head on him to show they made the right call. If this guy is a the inside beast everyone kept trying to tell me he is, he should 100% see the extra cheese on this one for him personally. It would be pretty s**t if he got towelled up in the middle by a 22 & 24 year old in consecutive weeks. Will definitely be the 2 players i will be watching most as a decent "sliding doors" moment

Didn't we just win 3 flags with that attitude? I mean Daniel Rioli couldn't even pick up the ball in 2020, somehow it worked.
DRioli had the runs on the board with 3 seasons of pure small fwd brilliance,in 2020 despite him having a poor year due to Dimmas 'guarding the grass' tactic,he was afterall THE original sacrificial lamb,b4 Castagna ,anyway despite the fact he was having a poor year he was taking the #1 small back everyweek which allowed Lambert,Castagna n Baker n Graham n Edwards n the like to benefit

unfortunately Dimma & the RFC got horribly confused and thought this guarding of the grass was the future,im a revolusionist, ive just one a flag using my craftiest and most skilful small fwd as a pigeon all year,how *ing good am i,n now we know how thats all turned out, its not disastrous is it ? all i know is we've not developed a dangerous small fwd since,its a huge fail @ present and has been for 3 years.we are in failure mode @ present

Last edited:
Good changes.

With mansell back in I think he’ll start and m jr. Will be the sub.

He's starting on the ground. The sub will come from these 5. Id say Pickett but could be Mansell

IC
[17] Daniel Rioli,[27] Thomson Dow,[50] Marlion Pickett,[31] Rhyan Mansell,[44] Seth Campbell

geez mansell and mrj best 22:shrug:,have we not learnt anything ? whats the point of drafting and trading in Clarke,Brown,Kozi,Cumbo etc if ya not gonna give them a run at it,cant see us winning with that line up,hope im wrong but geez,also as someones already correctly pointed out for FFS Bakes's best position is in the backline, and Prestia,Hopper,TT in the same side doesnt work too FRKN slow

prove me wrong FFS

Not my job to prive you wrong. How about you prove yourself right first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What did people think Kosi was? We gave up pick 49 for him. We gave him a modest 3-year deal. We are not stupid … he’s a 23yo Key position utility who is a big young body to play KPF when Lynch is injured / retired. He can also provide ruck coverage with Soldo gone and an injury prone Nank. And perhaps he can develop into a KPD down the track.

Last year the problem wasn’t so much Jack as a forward .. he kicked 30-odd goals. The problem was Jack’s opponent was often BOG for the oppo as Jack was cooked from a defensive capability. Kosi is young and fit and when he plays it’s going to be about providing a contest, kicking a few goals and not letting his man dominate.

If and when Lynch is injured imagine we didn’t have Kosi? Who plays KP forward to help Balta? Ryan?

Kosi is KP depth. Sure, we’d still be hoping he develops and becomes a solid senior player, but worst case he’s a big young body to provide assistance to Balta and to protect a raw Ryan up forward when he’s needed. He was never any sort of ‘saviour’ and it doesn’t surprise me at all with Lynch fit and Balta playing forward he’s in the VFL. That’ll be his spot whenever those 2 big guys are fit and playing forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You start off saying kosi was here for a kpf spot and suddenly he morphs into a ruck then ends up a kpd. Sounds like a caterpillar to coccoon to a butterfly story. Your first sentence was Indicating what he actually is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back