Preview Round 3, 2024: Essendon v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30th March, 4:20PM AEDT *HASTIE DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Bombers

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 65 83.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact, he got up immediately, also, not a bump, he moved in to intercept, Hill got there first, as he literally ran past, Hill scragged Macrae into King and initial impact was to shoulder. However, since Hill is literally dragging Macrae down, as King runs past, his head brushes the back of King as he moves on.

They literally only cited because he braced for contact as opposed to wore an entire player crashing into his front with splayed open arms attempting a smother for literally no reason since Macrae was disposing in front of him and not slightly behind him.

These people are functionally devoid of intelligence.
So are you saying Hill actually touched an opposition player?

Henry 6-8 weeks….. not ideal

Mad Rainn Wilson GIF by T-Mobile

8 tackles is impressive and implies he was moving fairly well, which is the main thing we'd want to see from him.

As long as we think he's fit enough, he's the most logical replacement for Henry.

Plus we do not really have another good option. Only very raw ones in Collard and Garcia.

As it is, if King goes out suspended potential "Best 22" players not available for the Don's game will include:
  1. King
  2. Wood
  3. Henry
  4. Dow
  5. Howard
  6. Webster
  7. Clark
I say potential for if we had a full list, then at least one of the above probably would not squeeze into the 22.

Plus a fit Hayes would be a good option to have replaced King.

Last edited:
Out: Henry Wood (inj.) King (sus.)
In: Garcia Crouch Campbell

B: Stocker - Cordy - Wilkie
HB: Wang.-Mil. - Battle - Bonner
C: Byrnes - Windhager - Hill
HF: Phillipou - Membrey - Sharman
F: Higgins - Campbell - Owens
Foll: Marshall - Steele - Sinclair

Int: Ross Crouch Jones Wilson

Garcia (sub)

—————————————
Don’t love this side, but I reckon it’s not far off what they’ll do.

Campbell in means we keep the structure.

Crouch doesn’t deserve the gig straight up, but I reckon he’s likely to get it when no one other than Ari and Garcia actually demanded a spot.

PS. Arie had a pretty good game for Sandy, but is not really a replacement for any of our "outs" at present.
Correct but we have a few players that we can shift around and make it work, Bonner to wing, Sinclair on-ball even Ross to a wing if needed.

33 disposals on debut against a fairly good Collingwood VFL, I think he's ready.

Hopefully he takes Gresham to the cleaners while he's at it

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Correct but we have a few players that we can shift around and make it work, Bonner to wing, Sinclair on-ball even Ross to a wing if needed.

33 disposals on debut against a fairly good Collingwood VFL, I think he's ready.

Hopefully he takes Gresham to the cleaners while he's at it

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have a feeling Arie can play higher up the field himself if needed as well.

He was certainly finding plenty of the ball in and around the midfield yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Henry Wood (inj.) King (sus.)
In: Garcia Crouch Campbell

B: Stocker - Cordy - Wilkie
HB: Wang.-Mil. - Battle - Bonner
C: Byrnes - Windhager - Hill
HF: Phillipou - Membrey - Sharman
F: Higgins - Campbell - Owens
Foll: Marshall - Steele - Sinclair

Int: Ross Crouch Jones Wilson

Garcia (sub)

—————————————
Don’t love this side, but I reckon it’s not far off what they’ll do.

Campbell in means we keep the structure.

Crouch doesn’t deserve the gig straight up, but I reckon he’s likely to get it when no one other than Ari and Garcia actually demanded a spot.
To be seen how the Bummers perform tonight but they looked treacle slow last week.
I'd guess Hammer, Hugo and one of Butts/Collard.
Despite the outs we should still be able to run them off their feet.

To be seen how the Bummers perform tonight but they looked treacle slow last week.
I'd guess Hammer, Hugo and one of Butts/Collard.
Despite the outs we should still be able to run them off their feet.
I hope Hammer gets in, but other than the first quarter of the VFL game he really didn’t demand a spot.

Butler was not good, and Collard was virtually anonymous, so I don’t see either of them coming in, other than for structural purposes.

It will actually be quite interesting to see what they do at selection.

6 weeks wtaf
It used to just be 2 weeks, that would inevitably blow out to 4-6 but now the AFL is demanding proper reporting. I’m not sure which I prefer to be honest.

I hope Hammer gets in, but other than the first quarter of the VFL game he really didn’t demand a spot.

Butler was not good, and Collard was virtually anonymous, so I don’t see either of them coming in, other than for structural purposes.

It will actually be quite interesting to see what they do at selection.
Yeah it will. I didn't watch the Zebs but reports on Crouch aren't encouraging and judging by the CBA mix on Thursday night l reckon it's not a big issue to leave him out. Byrnes can cover Mase so we need another runner and that's Hugo or Hugo by the looks of it.
I think RTB will probably go for youth since he's taking the long view.

3/4 time Arie has 27 disposals… 24 are kicks 😂

He was good but did you watch the game?

He took every point kick out so thats 11 kicks and then he was used to sag out wide on his own and kick down the line, so nearly every exit went through him. Collingwood set up for his kicks, so that part of his kicking was basically ineffectual. Possibly because of the wind he didnt look to bite off corridor kicks that often, but he did run past to use his leg at times.

His competitive marking was the best aspect of his game, but IMO he still needs some work to get more urgency into his game when required. IMO McLennans contested game was better than Shoey.

All in all I was really disappointed with Sandringhams game, they were/are a sub standard VFL side right across every line.

8 tackles is impressive and implies he was moving fairly well, which is the main thing we'd want to see from him.

As long as we think he's fit enough, he's the most logical replacement for Henry.

Butler had 8 tackles but his direct opponent Noble absolutely sliced Sandringham up, setting them up with his rebound. But we at least we know what we get with Butler at AFL level.

He was good but did you watch the game?

He took every point kick out so thats 11 kicks and then he was used to sag out wide on his own and kick down the line, so nearly every exit went through him. Collingwood set up for his kicks, so that part of his kicking was basically ineffectual. Possibly because of the wind he didnt look to bite off corridor kicks that often, but he did run past to use his leg at times.

His competitive marking was the best aspect of his game, but IMO he still needs some work to get more urgency into his game when required. IMO McLennans contested game was better than Shoey.

All in all I was really disappointed with Sandringhams game, they were/are a sub standard VFL side right across every line.
I did watch the game and he didn’t take all the kick outs.

He was also moved onto the wing in the last and the only reason they had a chance up until the first goal pies goal of the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back