Melbourne
Match Information

Match Partner:
Brown Property Group

Venue: Casey Fields

Date: Sunday 24th March, 2024

First Bounce: VFLW - 11:05 am | VFL 2:05 pm

Gates Open: VFLW - 10:00 am | VFL 1:00 pm

Entry: VFLW - Free | VFL - Adults $10 | Concession $5 | Children 15 & Under FREE

VFL

B74 MOODIE20 TOMLINSON67 FREEMAN
HB40 WOEWODIN26 ADAMS21 JEFFERSON
C64 CROSS39 THOLSTRUP58 EDWARDS
HF54 STEELE19 SCHACHE45 MONIZ-WAKEFIELD
F41 K.BROWN70 C.LEWIS33 FULLERTON
R28 VERRALL52 WHITE16 LAURIE
I62 GREEN58 CONNOLLY46 HUSTWAITE
75 NEOCLEOUS43 FARRIS-WHITE
EMG63 PETERS57 GREGORY56 SZYBKOWSKI
53 SHERIDAN

The "Official MFC " web page still has not updated the Casey list (still 2023 ) , but J.Munro has retired and is coaching in the bush . An absolute warrior for Casey and would be first in to fly the flag .

Last edited:

Honestly, I don’t mind it.

He has been putrid in the forward line and needs to learn hardness, desperation and how to stay in the game.

Backline is the place where he can’t hide so I’m happy to plonk him back there for 10 games or so and see if it helps.

Feel like they're doing it to force him to improve his competitiveness, which sadly seems to be a big weakness in his game like it was for Weid.

Honestly, I don’t mind it.

He has been putrid in the forward line and needs to learn hardness, desperation and how to stay in the game.

Backline is the place where he can’t hide so I’m happy to plonk him back there for 10 games or so and see if it helps.
Disagree, showed some decent signs forward to me last year in the games I saw.

Disagree, showed some decent signs forward to me last year in the games I saw.
Yeah for an 18 year old rake I thought he did okay. But they must have identified some big problems at training that he needs to sort out before he's ready for AFL.

Yeah for an 18 year old rake I thought he did okay. But they must have identified some big problems at training that he needs to sort out before he's ready for AFL.
I dont trust anything we have to do with the forward line. This just seems like another player we are ******* over, way too soon to move him.

Perfect chance to give him a go with that lineup and see what he can do as a forward without the likes of Brown, McDonald, Grundy and Schache in his way like they were last year and we piss him off to the backline.

I dont trust anything we have to do with the forward line. This just seems like another player we are ******* over, way too soon to move him.
The most annoying thing is the club doesn't communicate with the members about this at all. He's a first round pick drafted to play a position we desperately need but you wouldn't even know he plays for us with how little he gets mentioned in any of the media or interviews we put out.

The most annoying thing is the club doesn't communicate with the members about this at all. He's a first round pick drafted to play a position we desperately need but you wouldn't even know he plays for us with how little he gets mentioned in any of the media or interviews we put out.
I know, back in the day we got interviews with the VFL coach each week, now we get nothing.

This annoys me too. We should have an update piece on EVERY player during preseason, you've got like 20 weeks it isn't hard to do 2 a week. Just tell us how they're training, and what the coaching group see for them in the coming season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup. Less competitive than Schache.

Hope I’m wrong.
It just screams poor pick to me. The selection at the time felt forced, like we were picking the tall forward whether he's any good or not because we need a tall forward. He's never looked much good tbh. I hope the kid can turn it around somehow, but being pushed to the backline is a horrible sign of what the club sees in him. I mean, we are desperate for a tall forward to step up in the senior team, yet the young tall forward we have on the list is now playing defence. Maybe they'll swap him and Adams? Adams to the F50 maybe? I'm really not holding out much hope for Jeffe unfortunately.

Jason Taylor's been incredible, but geez it's a weird quirk that he seems incable of getting a decent KPF to the club beyond Roo.

Nup. Less competitive than Schache.

Hope I’m wrong.
On Jefferson he’s shown aerial ability and courage to fly at the ball that I don’t think I’ve seen from Schache.

As everyone has noted Jefferson’s body was miles off AFL, let alone VFL standard last year. I’m not sure where he’s at physically after the preseason but I assume he’s not yet caught up physically.

This backline move might be a way to develop his game while protecting his slight frame. Maybe they are taking the opportunity to build versatility into him now as a future swing man?

I’ll reserve judgement on Jefferson's competitiveness until he has a body that is at least somewhere near strong enough to give him confidence in physical contests.

I know the counter point is there are physically under developed players who are physically competitive despite this.

Wait.. so do we think JT sucks at drafting keys or not lol
Can't say don't count Roo if I'm using Petty as the one decent example was a valid argument.

I rated the Petty selection higher cause he was a lower pick and quality kpd in a premiership team, but it's still only one pick from about a decade.

JT can't hit kpps for some reason.

Side-note, I reckon we've finally got a decent ruck coming through in Verrall.

Petty... and I reckon Disco will be alright.
Not sold on Disco. Haven't seen anything at senior level to suggest he'll make it. Not saying he won't, but his game is similar to Lever. I can't see him and Lever in the same side, which makes it hard for him to play senior footy. I didn't mind it when i heard the club were trying him in the F50 over preseason at times. Like Petty, he reads the ball well, is pretty good with ball on deck and flies for his marks. A move forward could be his only option for a regular senior spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back