VFL Casey Demons VFL 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sold on Disco. Haven't seen anything at senior level to suggest he'll make it. Not saying he won't, but his game is similar to Lever. I can't see him and Lever in the same side, which makes it hard for him to play senior footy. I didn't mind it when i heard the club were trying him in the F50 over preseason at times. Like Petty, he reads the ball well, is pretty good with ball on deck and flies for his marks. A move forward could be his only option for a regular senior spot.
With the way Lever has been playing Disco might replace him. :eyes:

With the way Lever has been playing Disco might replace him. :eyes:
Would be a bold move, but agree Lever hasn't been anywhere near his best since the flag. Although I don't think Lever was as bad as some people are making out last week. Watching him at the ground he moved well and had a lot of solid moments. Still not having the impact he was a couple of years ago. Disco moving forward could be an option now Joel Smith is on a holiday. Could be a good swingman.

Would be a bold move, but agree Lever hasn't been anywhere near his best since the flag. Although I don't think Lever was as bad as some people are making out last week. Watching him at the ground he moved well and had a lot of solid moments. Still not having the impact he was a couple of years ago. Disco moving forward could be an option now Joel Smith is on a holiday. Could be a good swingman.
I highly doubt it happens too, but yes, Lever has been putrid. With forward lines generally getting more athletic rather than isolating big guys in one on ones I can see a world where we play Disco as well as Lever in around half the games. We saw it with Hore playing on JUH last week, an undersized and quicker defender is sometimes better than matching height and weight and being slower.

Last edited:

Qt time . 5-6 to 1-3 . Hawks lead . Dropped chest marks , handballs missing targets , turnovers in defence. Going to be a long afternoon.

HT 6-9 to 3.5 hawks lead . Slightly better quarter from Casey but will need to really clean up some basic skills . Still getting cleaned up at the centre bounces too .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our foot skills are embarrassing .
Looks exactly what we hate when Melbourne play bad, blast it high and long into forward 50 with 3 talls standing the same metre of space, leads to the pockets, miss easy targets.

Laurie goal then terrible fumble in the next centre clearance allows Box Hill out the front and for the responding goal 10 seconds later.

Kynan shows a bit but he really needs to work on his defensive positioning, gives up attacking space to the opposition too easy. No lone solider there today having said that.

Just got zero idea coming out of defence. Embarrassing skills and no set up moving forward. Worst I've seen Casey play for years

Just got zero idea coming out of defence. Embarrassing skills and no set up moving forward. Worst I've seen Casey play for years
When we are trying to link up with handball with the likes of Fullerton, Verrall and Farris White its little wonder. This team is far too tall. So Melbourne!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back