List Mgmt. Future Father Son prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance of of draft year lol
Tried to compile a list based on what ever information I could find. If anyone could fill in the rest of the gaps, feel free to assist.

Jackson Archer (2021) ✅
Darby Scott (2021) :crossmark:
Jai Makepeace (2021/22)? :crossmark:
Thomas Longmire (2021/22)? :crossmark:

Dylan Makepeace (2022) :crossmark:
Cooper Harvey (2022) ✅

Byron Pickett Jnr (2023)
Lucas Rocca (2023)
Billy Longmire (2023)

Ryder Makepeace (2024)
Will Crocker (2024)
River Stevens (2024)
Zach Fairley (2025)
Kayde Pickett (2025)
Owen Simpson (2025)
Archer Grant (2025)
Kai Schwass (2025)
Lucas McCartney (2024)
Sam Harris (2026)
Aiden McCartney (2026)
Marcus Rocca (2027-2028)
Sasha Demetriou (2027-2028)
Suede Makepeace (2027-2028)

James Rock [2022-2027] TBC

Jack Petrie (2028)
Conor Rawlings (2029)
Hudson Harvey (2030)
Thomas Colbert (~2031)
Noah McMahon (2031)
Ryder Hansen (2031)
Lenny Firrito (2031)
Mason Sinclair (2032)
Lachlan Goldstein (2033)
Max Firrito (2034)
Xavier Cunnington (2034)
Sebastian Gibson (2034)
Jude Swallow (2035)
Cohen Thomas (2035)
Sonny Sinclair (2037)
Flynn Thompson (2037)
Carter Carey (2037)
Charlie Goldstein (2039)
Kobe Cunnington (2039)
Laker Hansen (2030+)
[Unknown name] Hansen (2030+)
[Unknown name] Colbert (2032+)

Ineligible
-------------------------------------
Tyler Welsh (2024) - Son of Scott
Tom Cochrane (2024) - Son of Stuart
Jagger Mooney (2025) - Son of Cameron
Ethan Abraham - Son of Winnie
Gary Abraham - Son of Winnie
[Unknown name] Abraham - Son of Winnie
Elijah Anderson (2030) - Son of Jed
Jasiah Anderson (2031) - Son of Jed
Archer Harvey (2025) - Son of Shane
Jett Harvey (2028) - Son of Shane
Slater Harvey (2031) - Son of Shane
Louis Thompson (2021) - Son of Nathan
Benjamin Thompson (2023) - Son of Nathan
Jude Dal Santo (2033)
Hendrix Daw (2037)
Isaiah Hall (2038)
Riley Polec (2038)

Last edited:
The Lizard is a gun but I reckon he’s an ordinary individual. Imagine not wanting to play at your old man’s club where he was a two time premiership player. Do not rate.
In fairness to him, he was barely alive when North were winning flags with his dad. Most of his life has been supporting the Swans… and his dad.

slavery was last abolished in the 'western' world in 1863. Not sure even the AFL can bring it back
Throw in racism and some kind of gender bias as well if you want to be really dramatic.

KC's point stands if he didn't want to exercise his F/S rights at either clubs he was eligible to play for he should have gone into the open draft. (Open draft isn't code for picking cotton for no pay and being chained up)

Edit: FG's point

Could Stevens leaving the board be partially due to not wanting to be a shadow over his son if drafted?
Honorable people tend to do things like that. Boomer stepped away when Cooper came on board. Donald took a job outside the football department when Luke was drafted. And Stevo is certainly an honorable person.

exactly - but one of the arguments on here seems to be that a F/S (ie Blakey) should be compelled to go to his father's club

I haven't seen anyone say that, only that its bullshit he could go to Sydney's academy.

If John had worked at the Crows and Nick had grown to love Adelaide, he wouldn't have been able to join the Crows Academy.

Its just bullshit.

Yeah and that's fine. He should have been restricted to - North (F/S) or Lions (F/S) or decline both and enter the draft. If you are F/S eligible, it overrides any Academy eligibility. You are not going to be lost to the game if your father is a 357 game player. I believe there is still room for romance and sentiment in an increasingly corporatised league, and F/S is one of those things that qualifies. If Nick had have chosen to go to the Lions obviously you'd be disappointed but you'd understand. The Academy choice is one which you can't help but be cynical about IMO
Would be good is hodge jnr picks the lions then it might get them to change it.

Honorable people tend to do things like that. Boomer stepped away when Cooper came on board. Donald took a job outside the football department when Luke was drafted. And Stevo is certainly an honorable person.

Arch did similar?

1711075150336.png
Sav Rocca's son Marcus has joined Collingwood's father son academy, hopefully he nominates us in a few years time. Some guy on the Collingwood board said he saw Sav's son at a barber and was in his ear the whole time about nominating Collingwood, interesting behaviour...

View attachment 1935703
Sav Rocca's son Marcus has joined Collingwood's father son academy, hopefully he nominates us in a few years time. Some guy on the Collingwood board said he saw Sav's son at a barber and was in his ear the whole time about nominating Collingwood, interesting behaviour...
Thought Sav saw himself as a rooboy in the end.

Tough sell to get your kids to pick us over Collingwood these days though.

Fair enough.......should have gone into open draft then. You don't get to play who you barrack for. It was/is a rort
Yeah, I agree with that. I was more talking about the notion that he’s somehow a “bad person” for wanting to go to Sydney. For all I know, he could be a horrible human being. However, I wouldn’t make that assertion, specifically, on the back if his desire to play for the Swans.

Same thing happening with Jeff White's son Kalani. The Academy isn't just about unearthing league talent. It's about nuturing and developing talent in states that don't have the Coates league. In Fact pretty sure the academies play some games against the Coates league teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen anyone say that, only that its bullshit he could go to Sydney's academy.

If John had worked at the Crows and Nick had grown to love Adelaide, he wouldn't have been able to join the Crows Academy.

Its just bullshit.
mate, it might be bullshit, but it's economics. The reason why the latest CBA is going to make millionaires of players across the competition is because of national broadcast deals, and the success of the code in NSW and Queensland is absolutely fundamental to that equation. So yes, the academy system is deliberately designed to ensure the success of the northern teams, but blakey's not the only one - heeney gulden warner would all have gone high in an unadulterated draft

I'm not saying I like it any more than you do, but them's the economic facts of life

Father Sons hey? The Curse of JWS continues.

Con someone with at least half a brain explain to my why Joel Crocker was ever on our list? If his name was Joel Wang, would he have been gifted a spot on our list? Just curious.

Yeah, I agree with that. I was more talking about the notion that he’s somehow a “bad person” for wanting to go to Sydney. For all I know, he could be a horrible human being. However, I wouldn’t make that assertion, specifically, on the back if his desire to play for the Swans.
He would have been fully aware of the history of FS’s and how much it means to supporters of a club. He’s taken the easy loophole option and for this I think he’s a tool.

Thought Sav saw himself as a rooboy in the end.

Tough sell to get your kids to pick us over Collingwood these days though.
Yeah, from what I’ve read he certainly enjoyed his time more at North. There was an interview with Eugene Arocca talking about when he was deciding whether to take the CEO role with us and Sav’s wife was telling him what a fantastic club we were and what a great experience they’d both had. The way he tells it she really got him over the line.

What I’m trying to say is Marcus Rocca > North Melbourne, make it happen Euge you owe us.

Last edited:
He would have been fully aware of the history of FS’s and how much it means to supporters of a club. He’s taken the easy loophole option and for this I think he’s a tool.
Fair enough. God, I’d hate to be held to such strict protocols in my life.

Fair enough. God, I’d hate to be held to such strict protocols in my life.
I think the bigger issue is that a player can choose to nominate for an academy, as opposed to just going into the open draft, when they come from a background where the father was an established afl player and assistant coach. The development argument for academies to have precedent falls down.

Not the point, sons of AFL players should not be eligible for academy selection. They can go into the draft if they don’t want to play for the club their father played at.

We’re told the whole point of the Northern academies is to entice kids to play Aussie rules instead of Rugby League to grow the game.
Partly that, and partly to provide talented kids with an elite environment where they’re not being ‘coached’ by a dad who barely knows the rules or where they’re playing a standard of football that is woefully inadequate.

Father Sons hey? The Curse of JWS continues.

Con someone with at least half a brain explain to my why Joel Crocker was ever on our list? If his name was Joel Wang, would he have been gifted a spot on our list? Just curious.
Of all the shitty list management decisions we've made in the last decade, this one irks me the least. We took the son of a current employee and Premiership player, with an extremely late pick, and rolled the dice on him to see if he had what it took after the minimum 2 years in an elite environment. It would have been crazy if he'd been given an undeserved extension, as we've handed out a few of those! No harm, no foul.

Partly that, and partly to provide talented kids with an elite environment where they’re not being ‘coached’ by a dad who barely knows the rules or where they’re playing a standard of football that is woefully inadequate.

Yes Blakey would never have even heard about Aussie rules if it wasn’t for the academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back