Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It was entertaining when the radio commentators were discussing who could be brought in to replace Darling and there was literally NOBODY.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was bigger than our round one attendance.

Quite embarrassing really
Probably only because they played the veterans game beforehand

I bet a lot of the crowd were secretly hoping that the vets were warming up for the main event

Couldn’t have played much worse

Last edited:
West Coast have reached the level that the Demons did under Mark Neeld i reckon.

The next 3-4 years is really when Freo can cash in and get a new generation of supporters.

Because kids who are 7,8,9 years old who are on the fence on who support or you would be more inclined to jump ship and get behind a winner then a franchise that is a complete basketcase atm and the capital for Loserville.

Was the crowd figure released ?.

Seemed there must of been lots of Nanna’s knitting at home.
Was wondering this, too. Lots of empty seats. Possible that more of the crowd was sitting on the non-broadcast side so they can watch without being blinded by the afternoon sun. Was pretty bad for spectators in the first half.

Was wondering this, too. Lots of empty seats. Possible that more of the crowd was sitting on the non-broadcast side so they can watch without being blinded by the afternoon sun. Was pretty bad for spectators in the first half.
Probably a higher % of eagles fans who seats are in the sun gave it a miss.

Round 2.5 is over and probably the only outright surprise for me at the moment is Brisbane. Putting teams into tiers with definitely some of my own bias

Tier S
GWS: Just a disgusting amount of talent over every line, particularly with Hogan back to his best. They are in 2nd gear in these wins and are terrifying. Salary cap the only thing stopping being a dynasty IMO and Leon Cameron should be jailed for crimes against football

Tier A
Carlton/Port/Sydney
I'm going to be alone here but I dont know, I just think Sydney arent as hot as everyone thinks but put them here on consistency. The other two havent played at their best but gotten to two wins and with where each list is at, will be hard to dislodged from top 4. Have very high ceilings when they play well

Tier B
Melbourne/Brisbane
I'm very confident Brisbane will bounce back and still be a top 4 threat, Lachie Neale is extremely important to them. People might think Melbourne should be in A but I just cant get past that forwardline and now with May out for a while it's going to hurt. Done very well as a club to put all the noise behind them and play some decent footy.

Tier C
Freo/Geelong/St Kilda/Gold Coast/Dogs
Think these are the teams battling it out to make up the numbers in the 8. I considered moving Gold Coast and Dogs out but Dogs have Bont and I think Gold Coasts best is pretty good and they are as primed as we are (they're just Gold Coast). So long as Geelong have Hawkins, Cameron and Stewart, they are a finals threat (cant win it though). St Kilda might be in the tier above, I like what Ross is doing

Tier D
Pies/Adelaide/Essendon/Richmond
Yes, Pies are done, bookmark it. They arent a finals threat. One of these 4 (probably Richmond) finishes bottom 4. They can mix it with the better teams but lacking in an area or two (Pies - hunger/youth, Adelaide - Backline/vanilla mids, Essendon - anything more than B grade talent, Richmond, talent under 26) will stop them winning enough games

Tier E
Hawks/North
Young talent coming through but still not enough consistency (within games) to do anything with it. Another year of pain for these two. Hawks need to pray at least one and ideally two of McKenzie, Ward, Watson and DGB start to show something (harsh on Watson but I mean over the next few years) because at the moment there is a chance they are 0 from 4 on top 10 picks. North have mids out their arse but will get blasted every time they lose a contest and are literally breaking record for goals conceded per inside 50.

Tier Z
West Coast...

Last edited:
Round 2.5 is over and probably the only outright surprise for me at the moment is Brisbane. Putting teams into tiers with definitely some of my own bias

Tier S
GWS: Just a disgusting amount of talent over every line, particularly with Hogan back to his best. They are in 2nd gear in these wins and are terrifying. Salary cap the only thing stopping being a dynasty IMO and Leon Cameron should be jailed for crimes against football

Tier A
Carlton/Port/Sydney
I'm going to be alone here but I dont know, I just think Sydney arent as hot as everyone thinks but put them here on consistency. The other two havent played at their best but gotten to two wins and with where each list is at, will be hard to dislodged from top 4. Have very high ceilings when they play well

Tier B
Melbourne/Brisbane
I'm very confident Brisbane will bounce back and still be a top 4 threat, Lachie Neale is extremely important to them. People might think Melbourne should be in A but I just cant get past that forwardline and now with May out for a while it's going to hurt. Done very well as a club to put all the noise behind them and play some decent footy.

Tier C
Think these are the teams battling it out to make up the numbers in the 8. I considered moving Gold Coast and Dogs out but Dogs have Bont and I think Gold Coasts best is pretty good and they are as primed as we are (they're just Gold Coast). So long as Geelong have Hawkins, Cameron and Stewart, they are a finals threat (cant win it though). St Kilda might be in the tier above, I like what Ross is doing

Tier D
Yes, Pies are done, bookmark it. They arent a finals threat. One of these 4 (probably Richmond) finishes bottom 4. They can mix it with the better teams but lacking in an area or two (Pies - hunger/youth, Adelaide - Backline/vanilla mids, Essendon - anything more than B grade talent, Richmond, talent under 26) will stop them winning enough games

Tier E
Hawks/North
Young talent coming through but still not enough consistency (within games) to do anything with it. Another year of pain for these two. Hawks need to pray at least one and ideally two of McKenzie, Ward, Watson and DGB start to show something (harsh on ward but I mean over the next few years) because at the moment there is a chance they are 0 from 4 on top 10 picks. North have mids out their arse but will get blasted every time they lose a contest and are literally breaking record for goals conceded per inside 50.

Tier Z
West Coast...
FYI, if Pies go on a resurgence, I'll be holding you solely and completely responsible.

FYI, if Pies go on a resurgence, I'll be holding you solely and completely responsible.
Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

Tier S

Tier A
Carlton/Port/Sydney

Tier B
Melbourne/Brisbane

Tier C

Tier D

Tier E
Hawks/North
Young talent coming through but still not enough consistency (within games) to do anything with it. Another year of pain for these two. Hawks need to pray at least one and ideally two of McKenzie, Ward, Watson and DGB start to show something (harsh on ward but I mean over the next few years) because at the moment there is a chance they are 0 from 4 on top 10 picks. North have mids out their arse but will get blasted every time they lose a contest and are literally breaking record for goals conceded per inside 50.

Tier Z
West Coast...
I think this is fairly accurate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back