Rumour Sam Wick's - Teammates ex

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney throwing this one under the radar while Brisbane navigate the media storm.

Sounds like a petty squabble if it’s an ex-girlfriend….but also at best a half-truth from the Swans - wasn’t true and nobody acted inappropriately (Wicks or his team mate) but…Wicks is still dropped?…for being wrongly accused?…

Bet he’s happy about that then.

Agree completely. Logic says something went down..but whether it deserves the press space is highly debatable.

And yes - if the SEN article is correct and there was no ‘inappropriate’ behaviour - why the * suspend him?

Ex means Ex… You don’t own women,what a beat up.

Okay but seriously who gives a *? You don't own your ex girlfriend just because you used to date her.

I’m not sure what planet you’re on if you think situations like this don’t cause issues.

We’ll have you break up with a partner and then have them hook up with a mate you see every day.

Don’t for one second start to say your attitude would be “who gives a s**t? I don’t own them.”

I’m not sure what planet you’re on if you think situations like this don’t cause issues.

We’ll have you break up with a partner and then have them hook up with a mate you see every day.

Don’t for one second start to say your attitude would be “who gives a s**t? I don’t own them.”
So someone dumps your best mate and you're free to start up a relationship with them the next day? Nice friend you'd be.
Finally some sense. It's not about "owning" people. Man or woman, not many people would appreciate someone close to them moving in on their ex and having to be confronted with this at their workplace.

(Speaking generally here and not specifically about this incident, the details of which I'm not aware of)

So someone dumps your best mate and you're free to start up a relationship with them the next day? Nice friend you'd be.
It really comes down to how the other bloke feels about the break up - clearly in this case the other guy was emotionally bruised which makes Wicks behaviour pretty ordinary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought it came down to how the woman feels personally.
Have you actually read this thread?

The whole ‘ownership’ thing been flogged to death and discounted.

Its not about ‘freedom of choice’ - it’s about respecting your mate’s feelings.

It might be tough for women to get this concept - they have a more ‘internal’ concept of loyalty in my experience, based on what works for them -

Moving on -

Clearly ‘player x’ doesn’t need a friend making his hurt any more raw.

Regardless of the female’s feelings, Wicks needed to think about his priorities - look after his mate, or bonk a girl.

Even if he believed it was true love - the right thing to do would be wait, or leave the club.

You can’t have your cake (playing footy) and eat it (the woman) in these situations (apologies) . ……unless player X says he has moved on….undermining a fellow player shatters the team bond.

Last edited:
Have you actually read this thread?

The whole ‘ownership’ thing been flogged to death and discounted.

Its not about ‘freedom of choice’ - it’s about respecting your mate’s feelings.

It might be tough for women to get this concept - they have a more ‘internal’ concept of loyalty - but generally males in a group will look to how their actions effects others.

Moving on -

Clearly ‘player x’ doesn’t need a friend making his hurt any more raw.

Regardless of the female’s feelings, Wicks needed to think about his priorities - look after his mate, or bonk a girl.

Even if he believed it was true love - the right thing to do would be wait, or leave the club.

You can’t have your cake (playing footy) and eat it (the woman) in these situations. ……unless player X says he has moved on….it shatters the bond.

You started off so promisingly...

Why is the dude who was falsely accused of something shoved out for a week (or however long it's going to be)?

Why not put the one doing the sooking on the sidelines?

1712055428937.png

Look fwd to your precis of the difference between male team psychology and the female urge to secure a partner.

Should be good.

Ah…but you’re from the west - I can see you now putting on a miners helmet and plowing in regardless. Nobody’s v@g/a$$ would be safe……..

Where do you even start with someone like this?

Why is the dude who was falsely accused of something shoved out for a week (or however long it's going to be)?

Why not put the one doing the sooking on the sidelines?

Also even if he is dating the ex-girlfriend of a teammate. That is not a crime.

The ex-boyfriend of that woman has no say in who his former girlfriend now dates.

It makes him a s**t bloke though

Why?

I hate to sound like a romance novel but for all we know Wicks really likes this woman, they really click, he can imagine dating her, maybe even marrying her one day and she is imagining something similar. Should they really not date and find out if they have a long term future because Wicks works with a man who used to date said woman?

I mean it all depends on how the teammate feels about him dating the ex. If he doesn't give a s**t, then fair play, but probably still a tad awkward at times but nothing particularly bad. If he's troubled by it though, then yeah, things are going to be anything from awkward to outright hostile and that's not a hard outcome to imagine for any party involved.

Wick could be anything from a good bloke, to a complete shithead in these circumstances.

The story is a bit weird though. Accused of acting inapropriately with a team mate's ex but found completely innocent of wrong doing. TBH to me sounded more like she claimed he did something that he didn't rather than they're a couple. Then you have them saying he did nothing wrong, but dropped from all levels to "diffuse tensions". Well if he did nothing wrong why are there still tensions? People say other things they shouldn't have?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back