Scandal Ex-Collective Mind Wolfgang Wildgrace and wife missing.

Remove this Banner Ad

No more so than Jehovahs Witnesses, seventh Day Adventists or any number of religions. It also says that the links to the Crows Camp are bizarre. They’re not really.
JWs, Mormons and Scientology are way more weird than Christianity.

They are false cults - not Christian even though they pretend to be.

The idea of a false cult is somewhat bemusing. They all involve belief in imaginary beings. But that is probably for another board.

Given the amount of time that has now elapsed I don't think this one will have a happy ending.

The idea of a false cult is somewhat bemusing. They all involve belief in imaginary beings. But that is probably for another board.

Given the amount of time that has now elapsed I don't think this one will have a happy ending.
God loves you even though you hate him.

They are false religions, false faiths.

They are cults.

My mate’s wife has just moved here from overseas.

She attended a Baptist church in her home country.

Here, they’re (Baptist) far too boring for her so has started going to Planetshakers.

Now that is a cult by any other name.

My mate’s wife has just moved here from overseas.

She attended a Baptist church in her home country.

Here, they’re (Baptist) far too boring for her so has started going to Planetshakers.

Now that is a cult by any other name.
Mmmm.....

I don't agree with everything PS do or believe theologically.

But they aren't a "cult". They believe mainstream biblical theology like all Christian Churches and denominations. On core issues they believe what biblical, orthodox, historical Christianity teaches.

Of course I don't agree with anyone or any group about anything in life 100%. Nor would you.

I don't even agree with myself all the time. ;)

No more so than Jehovahs Witnesses, seventh Day Adventists or any number of religions. It also says that the links to the Crows Camp are bizarre. They’re not really.

I mean, when I think of a cult, I don't necessarily just think of their beliefs - although extreme beliefs are certainly one characteristic. In my mind cults are more characterised by how they respond to criticism, what they expect from members in terms of behaviour/dress/financial support, how they treat "non-believers," ex-members and isolate people from their families etc etc.

In that sense I think Scientology are far and away more bizarre and cultish than any other religious groups mentioned in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jehovah's Witnesses just for example :

'Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the present world order, which they believe to be under the control of Satan, will be ended by a direct intervention of Jehovah (God), who will use Jesus to fully establish his heavenly government over earth, destroying existing human governments and non-Witnesses, and creating a cleansed society of 144,000 true worshippers who will live forever."

I have a friend who grew up in a JW household. When she moved in with her boyfriend without getting married, the family cut her off and refuse to speak to her. But nup not a cult. And not bizarre.

Jehovah's Witnesses just for example :

'Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the present world order, which they believe to be under the control of Satan, will be ended by a direct intervention of Jehovah (God), who will use Jesus to fully establish his heavenly government over earth, destroying existing human governments and non-Witnesses, and creating a cleansed society of 144,000 true worshippers who will live forever."

I have a friend who grew up in a JW household. When she moved in with her boyfriend without getting married, the family cut her off and refuse to speak to her. But nup not a cult. And not bizarre.
My first job I worked with a guy whose sister was exiled for the same reason. To me, that's when a religion becomes a cult; when they compel you put them above your loved ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back