List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

In writing this I'm optimistic Logan re signs, McLean and Amartey continue to improve and we win the flag.

However if the above doesn't eventuate, Tom Lynch is out of contract end of 2025, given the Tigers are rebuilding he maybe surplus to requirements, could he be a viable option IF money, cost etc were favourable. Obviously his fitness is a massive risk.

Also I hate talking about this sort of stuff so early in a season, but I'm bored shitless at work, there's no game this week and my fantasy team is s**t.

In writing this I'm optimistic Logan re signs, McLean and Amartey continue to improve and we win the flag.

However if the above doesn't eventuate, Tom Lynch is out of contract end of 2025, given the Tigers are rebuilding he maybe surplus to requirements, could he be a viable option IF money, cost etc were favourable. Obviously his fitness is a massive risk.

Also I hate talking about this sort of stuff so early in a season, but I'm bored shitless at work, there's no game this week and my fantasy team is s**t.
He'll be 33 then !
here we go

He'll be 33 then !
here we go
actually he'll be 32, but like I say I'm bored and was just posting a random thought, obviously hoping as I said my first paragraph works out.

Also just for context, I meant the end of this season, before he's out of contract meaning we could get a Grundy like situation where we get him on the cheap, again only if paragraph one doesn't work out.

Last edited:

It's hard to imagine a scenario that Lynch would want to move interstate again right at the end of his career.

We should have interest though in any good players that can help us.

It's hard to imagine a scenario that Lynch would want to move interstate again right at the end of his career.

We should have interest though in any good players that can help us.

I think Adams and Grundy being so happy is a terrific ad for the Club.

If we don't sign Hayward and Heeney goes to the midfield for the majority of the game say 80%, then what is our forward mix next year? That is our medium forwards either gone or used elsewhere.
Is it 3 talls and 3 smalls and resting mids like Adams and Parker and Heeney?
Gives a lot more value to the Zurhaar rumours seeing this landscape.

Gives a lot more value to the Zurhaar rumours seeing this landscape.
If we don't re-sign Hayward but trade in Zurhaar it will cost us money. If Hayward wants to leave OK, but if he wants to stay I absolutely struggle to see the sense in such a move. A compensation pick will not help us in the short term. How is Zurhaar defensively? Yeah nah!

Maybe. I think their scenario is a bit different to Lynch though.

Macrae from the Bulldogs would have to be getting frustrated with how he is being treated.
Not sure we need macrae. Mills and Parker yet to return and we're all talking about how we fit those two in let alone adding another. I'm always on board for recruiting to get better but that means someone else misses out on midfield time.

If we don't re-sign Hayward but trade in Zurhaar it will cost us money. If Hayward wants to leave OK, but if he wants to stay I absolutely struggle to see the sense in such a move. A compensation pick will not help us in the short term. How is Zurhaar defensively? Yeah nah!
Hayward is one of our highest paid players. I can't see Zurhaar costing us a crazy amount

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would put him in the top 10 paid players roughly.
I'd just be surprised if one of our highest earners as the op originally stated would be a kid who signed a contract extension in 2019, given the contract extensions to players since. whether the 25% applies to any given year or length of contract I'm not sure.

I'd just be surprised if one of our highest earners as the op originally stated would be a kid who signed a contract extension in 2019, given the contract extensions to players since. whether the 25% applies to any given year or length of contract I'm not sure.
My understanding is it's based off that year. So he's at least top 10 for this year, but it's not averaged over the contract

My understanding is it's based off that year. So he's at least top 10 for this year, but it's not averaged over the contract
It's interesting because if you look at the team that played on the weekend, he's on a higher salary than more than half of the team but I don't think he's in the top 10 best players in that team.

In no particular order, I'd have the following players ahead of him in skill or importance to the team

Heeney
Warner
Gulden
Adams
Grundy
Papley
McCartin
Blakey
Mcdonald
Rowbottom
Florent
Mcinerney
Roberts
McLean

That puts him at about 15th and that doesn't include Rampe, Parker or Mills. So of that list, he's earning more than about 5 of those players (potentially more than) who are more important or skilful than he is. So imo he is the expendable one. He will likely have to take a pay cut to stay in red and white next year because there are others earning less than him right now that deserve more.

Last edited:
Not sure we need macrae. Mills and Parker yet to return and we're all talking about how we fit those two in let alone adding another. I'm always on board for recruiting to get better but that means someone else misses out on midfield time.

Probably, although I don't think our midfield is that special that we couldn't fit in a good player. Especially someone who has an excellent finals record.

Probably, although I don't think our midfield is that special that we couldn't fit in a good player. Especially someone who has an excellent finals record.
I agree. I wouldn't scoff at taking him because I do think he would improve our midfield overall, but it's at the expense of someone who is established and I'm not sure who. And that doesn't include Sheldrick who we all want to see get game time.

Wrong thread probably , but im very happy for Hayward to be a Swans premiership player .....................
I'm happy for him to stay and I hope that he does, but I can't see him being on the same coin as he is right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back