List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on.
My feeling at this stage is that we are unlikely to trade anyone in unless we lose Hayward and will do our best at the draft to maintain balance in our list as the things you mention reveal themselves.
We might go for a fringe type e.g. if needs are dire in the KPD, small/med defender or small/med forward positions. But you can also use the MSD or end of year drafts to grab a mature ager.

Anyone else think 3 years for Adams is too much? I would have been happy with just Jordon. We have Sheldrick waiting and now Heeney plays more mid. I feel like we've backed ourselves into a corner to a certain extent when it comes to midfield - there's a lot of salary cap in there.

My take-out on our squad is we need a good small defender and a good medium forward. I worry about fullback but you can't draft ready-made and the good ones aren't available, so we cross our fingers on Edwards' development.

The forward needs to have one absolute stand out skill. Marking, evasiveness, speed, preferably x-factor - has to be best in draft. If Parker and Adams start playing more forward I feel like we need a strong contrast.

Can't really put a finger on it but there is something about the way Snell moves (insert your German pun here) that makes me think he's a good roughy to keep on the list for a while. Cochrane out of the academy gives us another larger option too. Go small, it might not be fashionable but use our tickets to get the best available

Anyone else think 3 years for Adams is too much? I would have been happy with just Jordon. We have Sheldrick waiting and now Heeney plays more mid. I feel like we've backed ourselves into a corner to a certain extent when it comes to midfield - there's a lot of salary cap in there.

My take-out on our squad is we need a good small defender and a good medium forward. I worry about fullback but you can't draft ready-made and the good ones aren't available, so we cross our fingers on Edwards' development.

The forward needs to have one absolute stand out skill. Marking, evasiveness, speed, preferably x-factor - has to be best in draft. If Parker and Adams start playing more forward I feel like we need a strong contrast.

Can't really put a finger on it but there is something about the way Snell moves (insert your German pun here) that makes me think he's a good roughy to keep on the list for a while. Cochrane out of the academy gives us another larger option too. Go small, it might not be fashionable but use our tickets to get the best available
Three years was necessary to get Adams. His entire reasoning for leaving Collingwood was basically a lack of job security going forward, so it would've been hard to sell him on job security with us if we were like, "Yeah we want you, but geez not sure you'll last more than a year or two"

Three years was necessary to get Adams. His entire reasoning for leaving Collingwood was basically a lack of job security going forward, so it would've been hard to sell him on job security with us if we were like, "Yeah we want you, but geez not sure you'll last more than a year or two"
Spot-on.

As for "is 3 years too long?" .... ask me in 2 years time.

Don't mind the 3 years. Usually you need to pay up and trade big to get an established mid to move from Melbourne to Sydney - especially from one of the marquis clubs. He landed in our lap and we probably got him fr unders. The 3 years just spreads it out a bit more.

Also, Adams' value goes beyond his on-field performance. Too good to pass up.

Also, Adams' value goes beyond his on-field performance. Too good to pass up.
I never thought I'd hear anyone claim that an ex-Collingwood player brings cultural value.

And yet - there it is.

Congratulations KC - you've broken new ground. Explored new frontiers. Gone where no Bigfooty poster has ever gone before.

I never thought I'd hear anyone claim that an ex-Collingwood player brings cultural value.

And yet - there it is.

Congratulations KC - you've broken new ground. Explored new frontiers. Gone where no Bigfooty poster has ever gone before.
I've pretty much always rated him. Plenty of others fit your description to a tee! Much worse about I think, such as a few Bombers. How long is a piece of String?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet - there it is.

Oooooh I love a good Star Trek reference.

Which reminds me.

Spock Gresham.

3709FAE0-4916-4832-B7A3-9030D6416BD9.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back