Preview Changes V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a dream injury run has obscured how Nicks would pick the team for a long time.

We are well and truly seeing his philosophies when we've had forced changes

We saw it first hand last year but many happy clappers on here dismissed the awful selections as picking the best team....because finals. Yet we had massive form and fatigue issues which lead to that disastrous Essendon Game. Nicks is his own worst enemy because he coaches through fear.

Based on selection this week, its almost a certainty we go back to our ultra defensive game style because Carlton scored too much.

Vomiting Stick Figure GIF by CowWolf

Berry is the like for like replacement for Crouch, I assume Schol will be the sub

I’m ok with Schol being the sub because at this stage it’s more important that Pedlar and Dowling get full games in the sanfl

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm betting Nicks will keep Berry as sub because "he's shown he can have an impact in that role" and it'll allow him to put Laird into the middle the entire game with Crouch out.

Such predictable and uninspiring choices.

Let's go back to the Sholl well again FFS. How many chances does this bloke get?

We've all said it, but we just keep recycling the same players. HTF does Murphy make it to 100 games? Ned is on the same course.

Is this club interested in winning games of footy and being successful, or just operating a business?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think based on the rhetoric it will be Sholl as the sub. McHenry is the first selection for the side because he is our running man.
If McHenry is the shape keeper, he can be more effective watching as sub & calling out instructions from the bench.

McHenry was dropped after getting coaches votes in a game last year, I’ve got no idea why anyone thinks he is surviving after a bad game. He was on the fringe last year and is on the fringe this year.

Pedlar was considered best 22 all of 2023, so if they consider his recent sanfl performance as half decent, he’s coming in for Ned.

Could see Berry into 22 for Crouch, Pedlar for Ned as sub, then Dowling into the 22. Curtin for Butts makes sense, but think it’s more likely Borlase at this stage.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

BACCS you ready to admit Nicks is a clueless idiot that shouldn't be anywhere near a coaches box?

Has Smith passed his fitness check?
You would expect they would see how his back pulls up tomorrow.

You would think Dowling in to play on a wing & Jones (or Nankervis) to the backline.

If I’m Curtin.. I’m requesting a trade at the end of the year..

I actually hope he does..

These fxkheads dont deserve to be responsible for steering a young talented player’s career..
Very astute.

The same happened with Ugle-Hagan.

Selected at Pick One in the 2020 draft but not selected until Round 16 in 2021 and only 5 games in his first season. Naturally he demanded a trade to Collingwood at the end of the season and the rest is history.

Similar story with Sam Darcy who was drafted at Pick Two in 2021 and played 7 games in his first two seasons before demanding a trade to Carlton.

Or perhaps players 195 cm plus tend to take a bit longer to be AFL ready?

I would like to see Curtin given a game sooner rather than later but I have also said he doesn’t look AFL ready. I have seen him play in the flesh on two occasions and his other AFC games on the tellie. Have you ever been closer than 2,000 km to Curtin?

Last edited:
Very astute.

Selected at Pick One in the 2020 draft but not selected until Round 16 in 2021 and only 5 games in his first season. Naturally he demanded a trade to Collingwood at the end of the season and the rest is history.

Similar story with Sam Darcy who was crafted at Pick Two in 2021 and played 7 games in his first two seasons before demanding a trade to Carlton.

Or perhaps players 195 cm plus tend to take a bit longer to be AFL ready.

I would like to see Curtin given a game sooner rather than later but I have also said he doesn’t look AFL ready. I have seen him play in the flesh on two occasions and his other AFC games on the tellie. Have you ever been closer than 2,000 km to Curtin?
But why keep recycling same old same old

Very astute.

Similar story with Sam Darcy who was crafted at Pick Two in 2021 and played 7 games in his first two seasons before demanding a trade to Carlton.

Would you have played Dowling ahead of Sholl and McHenry?

Very astute.

Curtin won't request a trade (yet) but him and Dowling would have every right to feel miffed, especially Dowling. B.O.G in the first SANFL game and had been putting in all the hard yards yet is overlooked for someone who has already been dropped twice and someone who runs around like a headless chook.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back