Simon Godfrey

Remove this Banner Ad

2001 - 4.0
2002 - 6.4
2003 - 5.2
2004 - 4.5
2005 - 3.5 and 4.2

I'd say he's done pretty well against us over the years. Did **** all last year so I choose to think this trend will continue even if I don't actually believe it.

Much better than I remembered I knew he had plenty of shots but didn't think he kicked that many goals. Perhaps Godders can shut him down this year. :rolleyes:

I've said enough about Godfrey, but this game in particular his turnovers lead to a number of direct shots on goal.
No worse than any of his teammates.

He isn't the team as a playmaker but they are being forced to kick the ball to him because he is the only one busting a gut to get to the ball.

Don't pin the blame on old Godders.

No worse than any of his teammates.

He isn't the team as a playmaker but they are being forced to kick the ball to him because he is the only one busting a gut to get to the ball.

Don't pin the blame on old Godders.

Your defence of Godders is so admirable but at the same time very annoying. Can't you just unfairly bash him like we do to Yze and Miller (not unfair at the moment but some of the stuff is, wait what am I saying Miller is useless):rolleyes:

That's the thing, he is worse than his team-mates.

They may butcher the ball on occasion as well (all too often at the moment) but the reality is Godfrey is playing as well as he ever has and is doing worse. If we were up and flying the way he'd be playing is no different.

That makes it great to see his passion when we are losing all the time, but he has no place in an AFL side.

And I don’t pin the blame on Godfrey, he tries his heart out and bleeds for the club. If we had 22 Simon Godfrey’s and we’d all go away from each game thinking how good it was that although we lost by 10 goals at least they had a go.

I want this club to move forward and that may mean re-building, it should mean a change of coach, but whatever it means Godfrey has no place in it. (Along with Brown, Ward, Bizzell & Holland).

That's the thing, he is worse than his team-mates.

They may butcher the ball on occasion as well (all too often at the moment) but the reality is Godfrey is playing as well as he ever has and is doing worse. If we were up and flying the way he'd be playing is no different.

That makes it great to see his passion when we are losing all the time, but he has no place in an AFL side.

And I don’t pin the blame on Godfrey, he tries his heart out and bleeds for the club. If we had 22 Simon Godfrey’s and we’d all go away from each game thinking how good it was that although we lost by 10 goals at least they had a go.

I want this club to move forward and that may mean re-building, it should mean a change of coach, but whatever it means Godfrey has no place in it. (Along with Brown, Ward, Bizzell & Holland).
Re-Building doesn't happen overnight, they need nurturing and can't just be chucked to the wolves a la Zac Dawson.

The four you named above have to go at the end of the year, no doubt and I understand the abuse of Godfrey, his disposal has never been AFL standard but he has played in many winning sides and is by no means a dud. He would be in the best 10 taggers in the league and deserves his current spot in the side.

I know this may annoy a few but I would give him one more year. He is borderline the best trainer at the club, definitely the fittest bloke we have as he has proved in the endurance races over the pre-season where he cleans up every year. He also sets a great example to the young kids in everything he does, the way he plays his football and his endeavour to the teams cause.

Delist Ward, Brown, Holland and Bizzell. Trade Jamar and promote Neaves. Pick up 4 kids in the draft and you are set.

Another year down the bottom, another few kids, get rid of Godfrey, McDonald, Neitz and White.

Your defence of Godders is so admirable but at the same time very annoying. Can't you just unfairly bash him like we do to Yze and Miller (not unfair at the moment but some of the stuff is, wait what am I saying Miller is useless):rolleyes:

Godders a good VFL player at best.

is getting married shortly sometime in next 3 weeks and quite a few of the melb team will attend i know where this event will happen but due to the private nature of weddings will not tell :thumbsu:

congratulations Simon on the up and coming Wedding best wishes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is getting married shortly sometime in next 3 weeks and quite a few of the melb team will attend i know where this event will happen but due to the private nature of weddings will not tell :thumbsu:

congratulations Simon on the up and coming Wedding best wishes
What is Godfrey worried that the paparazzi might attend, and splash his wedding photos all over New Idea or Woman's Day?

i think i was told northwood i think thats right somewhere north ringwood he did get offered captains job at boxhill but must have decided not to take it

Norwood 1st division EFL.
Between North Ringwood & Ringwood = Nor-Wood, such a clever name. :D
Previously coached by Brett Ratten.
Comes accross as the sort of bloke that would be good value at a local club.

What is Godfrey worried that the paparazzi might attend, and splash his wedding photos all over New Idea or Woman's Day?
he is not worried about that i am just being careful as i don't wish to publish a place they were getting married as i felt it was wrong plus i sort of know his family and did not want to be in the bad books so to speak don't think i would have been but i stepped on the safe side so to speak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back