Marty McGrath the 00s version of Heath Shepherd

Remove this Banner Ad

Heath who?

There have been a few.... I remember Andrew Tranquilli kicked 6 goals for Collingwood against us in 94 I think...when we were on a roll.... and he basically was never heard of again after that.

Just remember McGrath got his goals against the bottom club and the worst defence in the comp. Not saying he won't make it but it is early days.

John Georgiades,recruited by Footscray from Subiaco kicked 9 in round 1,1989, 5 the week after and disappeared from the scene not long after that.

The thing to remember is that it took almost 2 years for Martyn McGrath to get his first game..... and in a side like Richmond who are not exactly the hardest team to break into... it probably says something about him.

Its a bit like when clubs have players on their lists that aren't up to AFL standard.... and are coming to the end of contracts... clubs give these players 1 or 2 games as a reward so that they can at least have a "debut game" to remember.

If there was something special about him as a player they would have had him make his debut a long time ago.

Yeah this is the delusional part of the Richmond supporter that I find hilarious. I remember all the bitching about why he wasn't the rising star, simple you have to string a few together.

Wake up Richmond the cupboard is bare, do the hard yards and swing the axe at year end. If you are deluded by a few good games at this time of year then many more years of pain are in store.

Plenty of guys will be given the arse by Richmond at the end of the season. Marty McGrath won't be one of them.

Reasons it took him so long (still only 19 by the way) were his physical size, or lack thereof, and his attitude.

Physical size is still a worry but he has apparently turned his attitude around.

Bit hard to make an erudite judgement after only 3 games but don't let that stop knowall ****stirring ********s like FlavvaFlav from taking a stab!

Re: Re: Marty McGrath the 00s version of Heath Shepherd

Originally posted by JUBJUB
The same could be said about Allan Murray.

Game 1 - 11 possessions, 4 goals 1 in the forward pocket
Game 2 - 16 possessions & 2 goals against Brisbane, pocket/midfield role
Game 3 - 16 possessions & 9 marks in a half back role against Port.

Last 2 senior games, combination of 10 minute game time.

Take it easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Captain Blood
You obviously have something against aboriginals

No, he has something against *******s.

Ahmat was useless.

Originally posted by FlavaFlav
Ill put money on him being delisted at the end of 2004, the poor mans Robbie Ahmat
I thought Robbie Ahmat WAS the poor mans Robbie Ahmat.

I hate to see young blokes written off so quickly, but JUBJUB is right too, the same could be said about Alan Murray - hell, any player who has a great debut.

Very,very early days for the guy just yet - lets all wait a while eh ?

I just hope Richmond don't put the farm on the guy, Stephen Jurica wasn't that long ago remember....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back