Opinion Is this where Carlton drops away? 2023 version

Are Carlton going to drop away from here?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Blueshakers must be feeling a bit nervy….

Premiers in August

It has to be this year - with Cripps, McGovern another year older.

Looking the goods until form started to drop off 3 weeks ago. A few key injuries. Big loss to fellow struggler GWS

Fluky performances against the worst form teams in the competition.

First massive test of their finals coming up.

Will Acres play? Looks like Silvagni will miss again.

Getting very nervy for The Blueshakers.

Love it. Gee I miss the Gimp.

Blueshakers must be feeling a bit nervy….

Premiers in August

It has to be this year - with Cripps, McGovern another year older.

Looking the goods until form started to drop off 3 weeks ago. A few key injuries. Big loss to fellow struggler GWS

Fluky performances against the worst form teams in the competition.

First massive test of their finals coming up.

Will Acres play? Looks like Silvagni will miss again.

Getting very nervy for The Blueshakers.
Cobber me ole mate.
You do realise that the pies have like 8 players over the age of 30 , and you're saying it's now or never for Carlton as cripps and McGovern are in their late 20's ?
I'd be a lot more concerned about collingwoods age demographic.

I'll happily put my hand up and say I didn't for see the sharp rise the Blues have found.

I was all over them at that round 14 time, the improvement hasn't;t necessarily been on the back of returning stars but it certainly has helped the role players not gain as much attention.

They should firmly be in top 4 rankings such is the football they are playing. BigFooty will be a fun watch on Saturday if the Bloos do lose on Friday night

Why would you only focus on the thread title when the context provided in the original post is freely available? Is it because you want your interpretation to be correct and mine to be wrong?

While we're on the topic of context, you quoted my "emphatic yes" post more than two months after it was written and compared it with a post in August to insinuate a contradiction but didn't provide context of when those posts were written. I quoted the original post (not the thread title) and gave an opinion in mid-June and below is the full context of the post without your cherry picking of information. Context is important, ladies and gentlemen.

DzuybNg.jpg
You're flogging a dead horse and desperate to make the thread into something it's not.
The premise of the thread was obvious. It was a carry on from the same thread last year.
Carlton went on a 9 game streak, finished 5th and are playing finals. The question has been answered and the thread should really be locked.
I look forward to the 2024 version.

I'll happily put my hand up and say I didn't for see the sharp rise the Blues have found.

I was all over them at that round 14 time, the improvement hasn't;t necessarily been on the back of returning stars but it certainly has helped the role players not gain as much attention.

They should firmly be in top 4 rankings such is the football they are playing. BigFooty will be a fun watch on Saturday if the Bloos do lose on Friday night

No one really did. Most Carlton fans didn’t see this. Only the truly delusional who lock themselves in for a flag every year would have seen a prelim coming at round 14.

The turnaround has largely been influenced by the likes of Kemp, Fogarty, McGovern, Marchbank, Cottrell, Martin, Cuningham, & TDK. A good half of those were out the door end of this year and the other half were trade bait.

Yes, Cripps/Curnow/Walsh/Cerra/Newman/Weitering are good but they were good pre round 14. Big improvement has been the last 8-10 and I don’t think any of us expected this level of rise.

Back