Is this where Collingwood drops away?

Remove this Banner Ad

So are you confident?
Slightly off topic, but you reckon Dees played better v Carlton or Collingwood?

I’m confident about both this week (because of our ability to handle the Dees pressure and get the W) and in September if we end up in the top 4. Not as confident if we drop this week and have an elimination final next game on the back of two losses.

I think most Pies would be pretty pleased about this season even if they lose next week and first week finals. Disappointing of course, but exceeded expectations. I actually think regardless they'll either be knocked out in an EF or straight sets, but they've surprised us and it's been a freakish ride. Yesterday says more about how good Sydney are atm i think. Geelong and Sydney's to lose unless Melbourne or Brisbane find form.

I think most Pies would be pretty pleased about this season even if they lose next week and first week finals. Disappointing of course, but exceeded expectations. I actually think regardless they'll either be knocked out in an EF or straight sets, but they've surprised us and it's been a freakish ride. Yesterday says more about how good Sydney are atm i think. Geelong and Sydney's to lose unless Melbourne or Brisbane find form.
You’re not wrong, it’s been a very pleasant surprise of a season for the Pies. Disagree though if we finish top 4, I see us winning at least one final.

Should be a good test to see how we hold up in September. Would be a shame if we lose this week then get knocked out first week as their game style would really make September interesting for all AFL fans.

If we lose this week, we’ll most likely lose to Richmond in an elimination final, where as if we win and get top 4, we’ll take it up to the cats and at the very least get up in a semi before losing a Prelim IMO

Win lose or draw no Collingwood supporter will be disappointed if we go out in straight sets. You only have to look at the "where will we finish thread" at the start of the season on the Pies board to see not one supporter thought we would be where we are now, most picked 14th or lower lol
Our challenge begins next year when sides have time to negate our game plan which is the main reason we keep winning. Our list is about the 10th best right now and we need a good off season to get better. We have a lot of youngsters who are 2 to 3 years away, I am expecting a regression next year but as long as we go up again in 2 years i am extremely happy with how we are going.

We are not going to win the flag this year, but i bet out of all sides no other finals team would want to play us because we are dangerous. We can beat any team on our day.

Slightly off topic, but you reckon Dees played better v Carlton or Collingwood?

I’m confident about both this week (because of our ability to handle the Dees pressure and get the W) and in September if we end up in the top 4. Not as confident if we drop this week and have an elimination final next game on the back of two losses.
We definitely played better against Collingwood. A lot better. I can’t believe we beat Carlton, it was literally a last second save. I think our form is a mess. You did incredibly well against us because we had so much to prove as did you. I think you’ll beat Carlton, they’re just not up to finals this year.

Our form is average, the best 4 sides in terms of form right now are Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood, Richmond. Collingwood play the G very well, the SCG is Sydney turf and it’s hard to win there. Sydney will make a PF at a minimum.

Collingwood are different at the G. They use the wings well, have space for their small forwards, and can play a very attacking uncontested style. I thought you did well absorbing a lot of heat from Sydney, there’s them and Geelong at 1-2, then probably 3-4 teams about similar. Collingwood capable of beating anyone of that 3-4, and, probably Geelong depending on which Geelong arrives.

4 of 7 from free kicks. Could barely score without the umpires. Which one are you admitting was the dodgy one? The Ginnivan flop?
Ginnivan’s was a free kick though. Most people agree with that (non-Pies supporters). Just because a goal is from a free, doesn’t mean it’s a ‘dodgy free’ 😂

The one that was stiff on the Swans was the Johnson goal from the rushed behind. That’s the one I didn’t think was there.

Which other two were from dodgy free kicks?

Ginnivan’s was a free kick though. Most people agree with that (non-Pies supporters). Just because a goal is from a free, doesn’t mean it’s a ‘dodgy free’ 😂

The one that was stiff on the Swans was the Johnson goal from the rushed behind. That’s the one I didn’t think was there.

Which other two were from dodgy free kicks?
Most non-pie supporters think Ginnivan's flop deserved a free? Where'd you get that idea from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go read the Gameday thread.

Tell me what other dodgy frees resulted in goals…
Looked in the gameday thread, looks like no-one was a fan of Ginnivan. In fact here's a post from you complaining about everyone having a dig at Ginnivan for flopping...

Check out the posts. Everyone’s having a dig at Ginnivan, not the free or the other missed frees. It’s pathetic.

Nah, I don't think so. Up against a very good side and still had all the momentum in the last quarter - some special work from Rampe and frenetic defence from Sydney in the last quarter.

You can't write them off in a game - they keep coming.

They did look a bit sluggish early on, but the week off will do tired bodies wonders. I expect them to get at least one win in the finals.

It was in response to a pies fan complaining about the umpires. Then these constant sooky responses have kept me replying. You could have easily read that for yourself though
Still waiting to hear what other two goals were from dodgy frees. Come on…

You’re not wrong, it’s been a very pleasant surprise of a season for the Pies. Disagree though if we finish top 4, I see us winning at least one final.

Should be a good test to see how we hold up in September. Would be a shame if we lose this week then get knocked out first week as their game style would really make September interesting for all AFL fans.

If we lose this week, we’ll most likely lose to Richmond in an elimination final, where as if we win and get top 4, we’ll take it up to the cats and at the very least get up in a semi before losing a Prelim IMO
How confident would you be facing Geelong in a QF at the G?

Going by their record in first finals after a bye for the last 10 years. Extremely confident. They’ve gone something like 1 win and 8 losses in that first final with the 1 win being an Isaac Smith miss for the Hawks after the siren.

Would rather Cats over the Tigers, that’s for sure.

Very confident we will take it up to anybody if DeGoey and Adams are healthy and back in the team.

Hardly a disgrace to lose to Sydney at the SCG.

We will get past Carlton, the Blues couldnt even get past Melbourne who were way off the level they played against us.

Early in the year we had the Cats on toast at 3/4 time, but fell apart in Q4. We now have belief and better structures to ensure that wont happen again.

Very confident we will take it up to anybody if DeGoey and Adams are healthy and back in the team.

Hardly a disgrace to lose to Sydney at the SCG.

We will get past Carlton, the Blues couldnt even get past Melbourne who were way off the level they played against us.

Early in the year we had the Cats on toast at 3/4 time, but fell apart in Q4. We now have belief and better structures to ensure that wont happen again.

I am not confident against Collingwood at all, but Geelong are playing far far better and differently than they were when they last faced Collingwood (as the pies also are). Using that game as an example is pointless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back