Is this where Collingwood drops away?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney are very good on their day and today was their day. I thought Collingwood still played quite well and matched them at times, but it blew out a bit towards the end.

I keep waiting for them to get a good touch up from the best sides, but its still not happening.

Collingwood is a confidence team about to lose all confidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree with this sentiment. Lots of young players, few really old ones.
Can't see pies beating the blues on yesterday's performance and the stakes being so high for Blues.
Which would likely translate to a week one loss in finals.

Also, no Adams or Degoey in the middle is the tipping point.
Need both these back for finals to progress.
Seasons been a pleasant surprise regardless.

Richmond and Hawthorn would routinely lose the contested ball, and they won 6 flags in 8 years.

I reckon we’ll be ok.
Well they were dynasty sides. Not sure you’re playing to that level. They wouldn’t have had a percentage in the range you guys have. I haven’t checked but wouldn’t have thought.

As I said you guys have been getting it done and who knows come finals. I just believe that it’s about contested footy these days.

Last edited:
Pies had a few out... they have been on a good run.

I'm gona wait for next week. See how they respond before casting judgement.

If they come out and smack Carlton, then this loss to Sydney means nothing.

If they lose then yeah it's probably season.

So you’re going to wait until after they drop away before predicting they’ll drop away?

So you’re going to wait until after they drop away before predicting they’ll drop away?

lol

Im saying losing one game up in Sydney against a prime Sydney with a few out is hardly dropping away.

But hypothetically if they got belted by Carlton yeah then I may subscribe to them dropping away.

So yes... maybe. lol

Would think that a more uncontested game is still fine for finals. They might struggle against Sydney who looked impressive in the clinches and at a ground like the SCG but once they get to the MCG it’s a different battle. They’ll need Adams back and you’d hope JDG lifts, but it’s not curtains just because Sydney owned them on the road.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would think that a more uncontested game is still fine for finals. They might struggle against Sydney who looked impressive in the clinches and at a ground like the SCG but once they get to the MCG it’s a different battle. They’ll need Adams back and you’d hope JDG lifts, but it’s not curtains just because Sydney owned them on the road.

Jdg definitely needs to lift. He was invisible yesterday.

Well they were dynasty sides. Not sure you’re playing to that level. They wouldn’t have had a percentage in the range you guys have. I haven’t checked but wouldn’t have thought.

As I said you guys have been getting it done and who knows come finals. I just believe that it’s about contested footy these days.
You’re saying they built dynasties on not winning clearances and contested ball?? Not really strengthening your argument there

They’ll want to beat the blues this week otherwise they finish 6th…. You really don’t want to finish 6th.
This.

No-one (bar Geelong) would be wanting to face Richmond first week of finals with their tails up and Martin back (is he back in 2 weeks?).

Must win vs the Blues to get a top 4 spot then get to enjoy a QF v the Cats after a bye.

This.

No-one (bar Geelong) would be wanting to face Richmond first week of finals with their tails up and Martin back (is he back in 2 weeks?).

Must win vs the Blues to get a top 4 spot then get to enjoy a QF v the Cats after a bye.
Bar Geelong? They more than any side wouldn’t want to play Richmond in a final

You’re saying they built dynasties on not winning clearances and contested ball?? Not really strengthening your argument there
Not saying that’s how the built the sides. But pointing out they were dynasty sides. I initially was talking more recently such as last year every game in finals was won by team who won contested. The tigers and hawks was brought up by another poster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back