Opinion Is this where Carlton drops away? 2023 version

Are Carlton going to drop away from here?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee whiz. Carlton grind out another one and most likely seal finals in the process. Impressive stuff but the Fox Footy panellists are saying they still need another win to clinch September action. I don't agree though. 12.5 wins with a good percentage should be enough.

McKay would have been bloody handy

Yeeeeeahh anyone saying we are better without Mckay still? Give me Mckay chopping out in the ruck over Pittonet and TDK resting forward any day of the week. May and Lever just molesting Charlie and theres little he can do
Disagree. TDK was good tonight and has the potential to be a much better forward too. Just needs to hang onto his marks tonight he kicks 3-4 goals. He's the wildcard in the finals for you.

Disagree. TDK was good tonight and has the potential to be a much better forward too. Just needs to hang onto his marks tonight he kicks 3-4 goals. He's the wildcard in the finals for you.
TDK was good, but he's far better as a ruck. Mckay is a more ominous threat up forward than either whether he's kicking goals or not. May and Lever simply do nut double team Curnow if Mckay is there

Not one person on earth would have predicted this run. This streak, including 3 wins against top 4 teams, is beyond anyone's expectations. We can beat anybody on our day. Right now we are looking at being a week 2 of the finals team at the very least. All of a sudden if you are just 2 wins from a grand final, anything can happen.

McKay would have been bloody handy
Tonight yes. You would have been able to score a bit more with the dominance of that 1st qtr and a half if he was there. Melbourne have the best system back there in the league and tonight enhanced that view even though they lost.

Gee whiz. Carlton grind out another one and most likely seal finals in the process. Impressive stuff but the Fox Footy panellists are saying they still need another win to clinch September action. I don't agree though. 12.5 wins with a good percentage should be enough.
Every match would have to go against us in terms of teams needing wins winning and by a good margin. 1 more win seals it though

Not one person on earth would have predicted this run. This streak, including 3 wins against top 4 teams, is beyond anyone's expectations. We can beat anybody on our day. Right now we are looking at being a week 2 of the finals team at the very least. All of a sudden if you are just 2 wins from a grand final, anything can happen.
Let’s get there first

TDK was good, but he's far better as a ruck. Mckay is a more ominous threat up forward than either whether he's kicking goals or not. May and Lever simply do nut double team Curnow if Mckay is there
Actually felt like it could have been worse for Charlie. Did get a few contests with him and May and did ok. He's not going to kick a bag against May as nobody usually does. He will have a chance to cash in a bit next week with GC not playing for anything before Sam Taylor the last round.

Actually felt like it could have been worse for Charlie. Did get a few contests with him and May and did ok. He's not going to kick a bag against May as nobody usually does. He will have a chance to cash in a bit next week with GC not playing for anything before Sam Taylor the last round.
Could have been worse for him but normally Charlie gets the 2nd best defender purely due to Harry's height. May may have held Curnow either way but I'd back in Harry on Lever to get his fair share.

Anyway can agree to disagree, I know near on every Carlton fan around would prefer Mckay in for one of TDK or Pittonet. TDK playing some good football lately so Pittonet would be my pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can finally smell what the blues are cooking after all these years! It is a checks notes finishing position of between 5th and 10th.

How far off are our injuries?

Cerra and Walsh should be right to go for next week. Gov probably back for GWS. JSOS thereabouts. McKay and Kennedy a possibility during the finals.

How far off are our injuries?

Cerra Walsh McGovern this week although we may give them another

Jack 1 or 2 weeks. McKay the same. Kennedy maybe last round

Boyd is available as is C.Durdin

S.Durdin Carroll LOB Binns Cowan all playing well in the 2’s

No more injuries and we are in a good position

Can win the flag. It’s a wide open year and no side is in better form - all the recent premiers have had great runs of form through the second half of the year. They’re certainly a chance.

We can. Can’t make top 4 but week off before finals will be a massive advantage for us.

At least 5 best 22 players to come back before then

No side is a stand out and momentum means a lot

Cerra Walsh McGovern this week although we may give them another

Jack 1 or 2 weeks. McKay the same. Kennedy maybe last round

Boyd is available as is C.Durdin

S.Durdin Carroll LOB Binns Cowan all playing well in the 2’s

No more injuries and we are in a good position
Someone on the Carlton board saying Cerra out for the year - hope that's wrong

Haha, such a Carlton thing, haven't played finals in a decade but have already marked the first one as a win, what could go wrong there....

Someone on the Carlton board saying Cerra out for the year - hope that's wrong
Mitch Cleary said he's fine the clubs just taking an extra cautious approach given he's done a few already. Probs plays the last round if we need him to, if not he just does a mini pre season for first week of finals if we make it

Mitch Cleary said he's fine the clubs just taking an extra cautious approach given he's done a few already. Probs plays the last round if we need him to, if not he just does a mini pre season for first week of finals if we make it

I wouldn’t be rushing Cerra Walsh McGovern unless 100% ready. Hamstrings need time. We need then for finals.

I wouldn’t be rushing Cerra Walsh McGovern unless 100% ready. Hamstrings need time. We need then for finals.
Agree, reckon Cerra is close to our most important player out atm. His grunt work inside and toughness over the ball was immense all year before going down

Back