Is this where Collingwood drops away?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah? And? You’re regular top 4 finishers and you drop that many finals games you should have won.
Well if you look deep enough you’ll see for the most part we lose to higher ranked teams. The last two years being a prime example, our finals losses have been to teams who finished higher on the ladder, so the ‘should have won’ doesn’t really add up…

Well if you look deep enough you’ll see for the most part we lose to higher ranked teams. The last two years being a prime example, our finals losses have been to teams who finished higher on the ladder, so the ‘should have won’ doesn’t really add up…
Mate, I want Geelong to win it if we can’t! I just hope your players go in with the right head space this year.

Admirable streak. However after getting touched up by Sydney they now face a desperate Carlton. Lose that and they will face a Vic side in the elimination final.

The aura of invincibility is gone. I'd be surprised if they win another game for the season. McRae should still get coach of the year (either him or C.Scott)

Beat bottom teams bar Melbourne by slim margins. Their luck, tactics to get close wins is impressive...their overall form not much so.

Don’t get your knickers in a twist because I said Sydney was flag favourites. It’s not a personal attack.
I was merely pointing out that you can make up any narrative you like to suit an argument, it’d be akin to me saying the Dees are no chance of winning now the GF is back at the ‘G, because you haven’t won one their since Norm Smith was coach…..When of course that’s not true, get my point!?

I was merely pointing out that you can make up any narrative you like to suit an argument, it’d be akin to me saying the Dees are no chance of winning now the GF is back at the ‘G, because you haven’t won one their since Norm Smith was coach…..When of course that’s not true, get my point!?
I’d almost believe that about us, we are awful at the moment. Probably get rolled by Sydney week one and lose to Richmond or the WB the week later.

I’d almost believe that about us, we are awful at the moment. Probably get rolled by Sydney week one and lose to Richmond or the WB the week later.
I’m certainly not writing you off at all, this weeks match (obviously) is crucial, because the loser is quite likely to play Richmond, which wouldn’t be ideal for anyone, us included.

I’m certainly not writing you off at all, this weeks match (obviously) is crucial, because the loser is quite likely to play Richmond, which wouldn’t be ideal for anyone, us included.
Predictor gives us a position of third if we win and Sydney beats the Saints (likely) that would give us a QF on the road against Sydney which I don’t think we win.

If we lose and the Dockers lose we will likely get the WB (5v8), if we lose and Dockers win we will likely get Richmond at the G (6v7) - I’d honestly prefer Sydney on the road than those two. Don’t think we win if we finish 5th or 6th.

We literally scraped home against Carlton. Scraped home. I can’t see us winning a final.

They’ve out performed what we all thought this season. However they won games they perhaps shouldn’t have in the 11 game streak. They found ways to win and good on them. However the finals is about the contest and I didn’t think their brand stacks up. Adams and DeGoey help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ve out performed what we all thought this season. However they won games they perhaps shouldn’t have in the 11 game streak. They found ways to win and good on them. However the finals is about the contest and I didn’t think their brand stacks up. Adams and DeGoey help.
Which games shouldn’t we have won? And why? Are you basing your views on the low margins alone?

Our brand is actually perfectly set up for finals, if anything.

Which games shouldn’t we have won? And why? Are you basing your views on the low margins alone?

Our brand is actually perfectly set up for finals, if anything.
There’s a few were the oppo would feel they should have won. Melbourne, Essendon, Suns to name a few. As I said you found a way.
I don’t think an uncontested brand stacks up in finals.

There’s a few were the oppo would feel they should have won. Melbourne, Essendon, Suns to name a few. As I said you found a way.
I don’t think an uncontested brand stacks up in finals.
Our game isn’t based on uncontested footy though.

Richmond and Hawthorn would routinely lose the contested ball, and they won 6 flags in 8 years.

I reckon we’ll be ok.
I checked this and you’re actually right.

It’s not as though we are no good in contests, we’re just a low possession team.

Our brand of footy is perfectly fine for finals football.

I checked this and you’re actually right.

It’s not as though we are no good in contests, we’re just a low possession team.

Our brand of footy is perfectly fine for finals football.
Too many people listened to the kool-aid spouted by JB and Daisy for two hours straight last Friday. All clearances do is they get the ball moving in your direction—that’s it. What happens after that (the quality of said ball movement, the ability to intercept, and then the ability to transition) are arguably more important.

No doubt contested ball is a big weakness for us, but we have other strengths that help offset it. And if we maximise those strengths we win games, just like we did against Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back