0-23?

Will north win a game in 2024?

• Yes

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonna be interesting to see if we win a game this year.

As I said last year - if Clarko gets us competitive within his 5 year tenure, it’ll be his greatest coaching achievement. That’s how bad the shlt sandwich is that he’s been handed.

Zondors it shouldn't take 5 years in this current age of equalisation to simply be competitive regardless of the circumstances, but I suspect you know that :sternlook

Our performances last yr looked like prime 1990s North compared to whatever this is meant to be.

Someone will have to be desperate to lose to us for us to get a win. They'd have to be x10 worse than Gc in final round last season.

I'm struggling to see us win a quarter let alone a game. We can't even play competitively for more than 15 minutes without shooting ourselves in the foot and conceding 1, 2 or 3 of the dumbest goals.

We get Richmond in round 21, they will have sent anyone of note left in for surgery by that point. In true North fashion we’ll probably scrape a win, slap each other on the arse and carry on like we’ve achieved something and hand the keys to the best kid in the country to someone else again!.

Can't see how we win a game. The AFL would be at a loss with what to do with us. We are worse than 90s Fitzroy.
What is staggering is that clearly the AFL have no idea either. They were handing out pissy picks last year and threatening to take even them back if we didn't trade them. They are giving us help as if they think we are just foxing for draft picks and it will turn around the minute they give us a pick 2 to go with pick 1. They are more delusional than our club is if they think a couple of second rounders will help make this team more immediately competitive. They need to find a way to get 3-4 strong AFL level players to this team by any means necessary so that we can retire the worst 4 offenders and have some semblance of a base that the younger talent can build around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St.Kilda are going like busted arseholes at the moment and we patted ourselves on the back for a better effort when we lost every quarter and they beat us by 7 goals. We played the only other team without a win and were 8 goals down in the second quarter. We ain't winnin' sh1t.

I wish Covid was a thing again so we can play another team with a dozen state league players in it and maybe sneak past them by a couple of points. That's our only chance.

4 years of top end draft picks & we have the worst list I can recall seeing. On par, if not worse than Fitzroy of the mid-90's. How is that possible????

And it absolutely shlts me that we need extra help from the AFL to get out of this mess. The draft (as compromised as it is) should be enough for a club to work its way out of a mess. But we seem hell bent on self-sabotage, mixed in with incompetence & a sprinkling of bad luck.

I'm a big believer in sport, life or whatever - you get yourself in a mess. You get yourself out of it. But I don't think NMFC is capable of that. Not with the poor leadership on and off the field.

We will have two unlikely wins - two clubs that don't take us seriously and have a bad day. Unless three wins cost us the number one draft pick - then that's a certainty. We are still that stupid.

We will have two unlikely wins - two clubs that don't take us seriously and have a bad day. Unless three wins cost us the number one draft pick - then that's a certainty. We are still that stupid.

There are 17 clubs that don't take us seriously. Last week we played an ordinary one who had a bad day and they only beat us by 38.

There are 17 clubs that don't take us seriously. Last week we played an ordinary one who had a bad day and they only beat us by 38.
Spot on M.

This is what many aren’t understanding.

The quality of the footballer we are putting out on the park don’t have it in them to safely secure a win.

If by some major stroke of luck we had 16-18 of a selected 22 all on song, it requires almost a level of perfection that just Isn’t capable for this list.
As you said - we have lost to some ordinary sides already this year in Saints and Hawks and we’re nowhere near them.

Back