Autopsy Autopsy vs Freo - 2-0 baby

Remove this Banner Ad

All this talk about the siren, doesnt the umpire have the chime in their ear rather than relying on the siren due to crowd noise? No amount of replays are going to determime what the umpire heard.

All this talk about the siren, doesn't the umpire have the chime in their ear rather than relying on the siren due to crowd noise? No amount of replays are going to determine what the umpire heard.
yep this is exactly what was said. we hear a delayed siren but the umpires get it earlier, thats why the umpire called game over. what i'm surprised with is the umpire had already said he was gonna pay the deliberate before it went oob.

I think it's more that when it's the simple ones that get ****ed up, they're more noticeable, especially from experienced players who have a much smaller leeway for error and forgiveness. For me, Hall misses way too many of those 15-20m basic kicks, regardless of how many 40m bullets he hits
Missing 15-20m basic kicks has been a plauge at our club for ever, but I wouldn't put Hall in that group. He definitely didn't do that in the weekends VFL game, I watched it twice. He misses the ones where he bites off too much. Drury had a couple of shockers, one he overshot an easy 35m kick to a forward by 10m.

The technology doesn't really work on a curved boundary.

The only real solution is an exploding ball.
"I can tell you juggled the ball over the boundary cause you're missing three fingers."

Nah he probably comes in for bergman

And allows corr to play third tall and on smaller types

McKay wants to play full back that’s his best spot

Sorry....we're dropping Bergman?

Hasn't put a foot wrong on the HBF and has specific skills to complement the game style we're playing and we're pulling him out for the Full Back?

Sorry....we're dropping Bergman?

Hasn't put a foot wrong on the HBF and has specific skills to complement the game style we're playing and we're pulling him out for the Full Back?
whenever mckay gets back (next 2-3 weeks) we will revert to a 3 tall strategy which we and most clubs go with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That footage is pretty convincing from the AFL:

View attachment 1641072

Amazing how the entire media have ignored the fact that the clock was on 0:00 before the ball had even bounced to go out.

There's some sort of conjecture about the game clock not being connected to the Channel 7 clock but this is surely ass covering for the time keepers. If that was correct then we would have quarters finishing with 0:20 seconds +/- all the time when the Channel 7 time keeper forgot to clock off a single stoppage, let alone multiple.

Surprised you didn't pick your eternal whipping boy Bailey Scott to come out and Bergman to take up his U/18 position on the wing.
i expect bailey to be dropped this week
cant drop him twice

but yes if he somehow survives this week thanks to jy then he can go the following week

It speaks to the ridiculous power that the whiny AFL media has that if they whine about a perceived issue long enough the AFL will make a new rule of it as they are seen as ’curators of the game’ — even when the general public doesn’t care and when the evidence demonstrably proves that there is no issue there to begin with.

This was cleared up on game day and within like 6 hours of the game ending, and yet they are still harping on about this s**t.

Which muppet in yellow kept yelling "pay it" before the ball even went out?
The siren goes and still he's yelling pay it all through it. like wtf

Last edited:
It speaks to the ridiculous power that the whiny AFL media has that if they whine about a perceived issue long enough the AFL will make a new rule of it as they are seen as ’curators of the game’ — even when the general public doesn’t care and when the evidence demonstrably proves that there is no issue there to begin with.

This was cleared up on game day and within like 6 hours of the game ending, and yet they are still harping on about this s**t.
Damo too. Reckons it should have been awarded to freo

Was halftime of one of the games the next day:

(I dont know any of their names)

"So thats it from the AFL, they are clear that the matter is closed"

"Yea but that wont stop us talking about it for the next 5 days lol".

No hint of irony at all.

Dwayne on sen made a good point, the clock went to 0.0 way before the ball went out. That should be the discussion. Why isn't the end of play synced with the clock? Instead o relying on a time keeper to blow the siren and for the umpires to hear it?
Absolute necessity to trigger the siren with the clock reaching 0.0. The timekeepers can stop the clock as instructed by umpires but the final siren should not be manually initiated.

I watched the last 4 minutes of the GCS Suns game and the clock was taken off screen with three or four seconds to go, but by manually counting down I'm pretty sure that it would have synched to 0.0

In the ARC footage, the very first sound of the siren appears to happen when the ball is still about 2m or so inside the field of play. Whether that was "manipulated" or not is anybody's guess. I did read some comment that suggested that the audio that's broadcast is delayed, but that seems weird as it would only be by a second or so, and I can't see a benefit to that unless there is some AI based swear filter (possible).

The previous comment by FlyHigh18 is also relevant. There seemed to be a field umpire screaming to "pay it" which to begin with, implies that he was caught up in the excitement of the play instead of being an impartial official, but also, if he was so convinced that the free kick ought to be payed, then why did he not over-ride even if he was not the nearest umpire to the action? They do that often.

In fact, the Brayshaw non-decision 90 seconds earlier is the umpiring error that ought to be discussed. Howe's blind kick for distance was not intended by him to go over the line - to suggest that was his intention is crazy. Brayshaw's was directly at the line and could not have been any more blatant. Howe intentionally kicked for distance, but the ball going out was unintentional. The rule is for "insufficient effort" to keep the ball in play, and even though umpires have to make a judgement call on the intent, it would have been a big call to say Howe made "insufficient effort" when he was under the degree of pressure he was when he kicked the ball.

The umpire who was calling out "pay it" is a drop kick and should be stood down until he learns to control his emotions and perform his designated role as an impartial official.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back