Autopsy Autopsy vs Freo - 2-0 baby

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at Arden Street today and I spent the whole day giving out about Hall and Boner. On the way home, I realised Azza had 38 touches. So, I immediately bought into the “worst 38 disposal game in history” bulldust. Then, I thought back to the game and remembered a Port Melbourne fan asking who number 43 was because he was a great player, albeit “a little skittish”. Also, I remembered Azza pumping up the team as he was leaving the field for a rest. I realised that, in general, I haven’t got a clue. However, I will say that Hall demands the ball so much that he would upset the balance of the team right now, if he were to come in. We tend to expect absolute perfection from certain players, like Hall. Hell, LDU was run down a few times last night. When that happens to Hall, we want to lynch him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes I was there and you weren’t wrong
Hall demands the ball, then hacks it, like even in the 2s he does not take the half second to select and execute better Given that JZ is kicking better, maybe he can learn but train most likely has left station
Bonar I have bent over backwards defending but he played exactly the same way in the 2s, just does not have it
Young could play 1s if required

So I have waited awhile to post this but I was at the game last night and it was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had as a North supporter. We were in control of the game most of the time and fully deserve to win.

Although the Fremantle supporters were incredibly biased and believed every umpiring decision should’ve gone their way, on the way out they were very complimentary and generous towards North Melbourne, with numerous people telling me they were happy that we were on the rebound. One bloke in the urinal next to me even said “ they deserve this after all the s**t they’ve been through”

So although they are massively one eyed in general I think that were a pretty good crowd.

So I have waited awhile to post this but I was at the game last night and it was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had as a North supporter. We were in control of the game most of the time and fully deserve to win.

Although the Fremantle supporters were incredibly biased and believed every umpiring decision should’ve gone their way, on the way out they were very complimentary and generous towards North Melbourne, with numerous people telling me they were happy that we were on the rebound. One bloke in the urinal next to me even said “ they deserve this after all the s**t they’ve been through”

So although they are massively one eyed in general I think that were a pretty good crowd.
Cant wait for the Poort supporters to say the same thing when we play them..:D

Last edited:

All I can say is if we could focus our inside 50 pressure. 19-7 is really poor we’re last week we were on fire in there.

Fix that up and we will score more.

Sorry. Maybe you'll prefer this. It's the first time since 2009 we've won consecutive games by under a goal. It was the last two rounds and straight after Bard had been appointed - upsetting the Saints by 5 at Docklands, and Power at a wind-swept and tarp laden Footy Park by 4.

It's also the first time we've won consecutive games by a combined margin of a goal or less since 1961. In Rounds 13 and 14 we beat Collingwood and Footscray both by 3 points and both at Arden St.
I'm jealous of that incredible memory you must have, or that database you've got hidden somewhere.

According to Channel 7 Sunrise it was a controversial win and apparently the game was played the MCG but that’s Channel 7 I hope this club has the stones to ban these Cu:ts from our rooms starting Good Friday and please do what Richmond has make sure we ban as well that cow Daisey I won’t forget the cheap shot she took against the NMFC to boost her ego Grand Final night 2021 when her Red and Blue draft cheats club was playing.
Time to stand up North we have had 2 great wins we have a great coach getting our players to play a way I haven’t seen in 20 years so to the NMFC supporters come Good Friday we should be able to pack out Marvel no more excuses no cricket or footy training on .
Just heard Tom Browne (the eye) refer to it as last week’s game.

Ok. Only just sobered up after being at the game and, well, kicking on.

Probably the best game I’ve been to since Frank the Tank.

Not much to add analysis wise. Just an all round ******* awesome effort. The game plan of short chips to clear our defensive half, bringing it back into the corridor, then a functional forward setup is absolutely delicious.

The brethren were in full voice and high spirits. Well done legends.

Epic effort!

Go Roos.

I'm jealous of that incredible memory you must have, or that database you've got hidden somewhere.

Thanks. On a negative note, it was our 25th consecutive lost second half. The last time we improved the scoreboard after half time was Round 22, 2021 against Sydney.

Thanks. On a negative note, it was our 25th consecutive lost second half. The last time we improved the scoreboard after half time was Round 22, 2021 against Sydney.
Easy fix?

Maybe I'm joking by saying that. It certainly is something that the coaching staff will need to work on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I was there and you weren’t wrong
Hall demands the ball, then hacks it, like even in the 2s he does not take the half second to select and execute better Given that JZ is kicking better, maybe he can learn but train most likely has left station
Bonar I have bent over backwards defending but he played exactly the same way in the 2s, just does not have it
Young could play 1s if required
I do wonder though how Hall would go in this team.

Last year he suffered because noone wanted to make the effort to get free to take a kick from him.

This year we've got 17 blokes working their arse off looking to provide an option.

I was at Arden Street today and I spent the whole day giving out about Hall and Boner. On the way home, I realised Azza had 38 touches. So, I immediately bought into the “worst 38 disposal game in history” bulldust. Then, I thought back to the game and remembered a Port Melbourne fan asking who number 43 was because he was a great player, albeit “a little skittish”. Also, I remembered Azza pumping up the team as he was leaving the field for a rest. I realised that, in general, I haven’t got a clue. However, I will say that Hall demands the ball so much that he would upset the balance of the team right now, if he were to come in. We tend to expect absolute perfection from certain players, like Hall. Hell, LDU was run down a few times last night. When that happens to Hall, we want to lynch him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So many people on here were saying he played poorly, so I re-watched the game.
Hall had 6 ineffective disposals out of the 38. 4 you would classify as clangers.
The rest of his disposals were either long kicks to a contest or attacking short kicks/handballs to teammates in space.

Imo the comments about his game are probably lazy or biased. Whether his strengths suit how Clarko wants to play is the question. No way it was a poor game.

P.S. Just as a comparison Drury had 4 clangers from his 26 disposals but he had a ripping game.

A shite ton better than Weagles fans

Freo is good people

P.S. Just as a comparison Drury had 4 clangers from his 26 disposals but he had a ripping game.
I noticed it as well. I think people have an (understandable) habit of ignoring them when the young blokes do it, similar to what we did with Perez. Then they spend a bit more time in the seniors and exposure to it has it bothering you more and more each game. And it's the reverse effect with Hall. They've seen a bit of it so they tend to inflate how bad it was.

I noticed it as well. I think people have an (understandable) habit of ignoring them when the young blokes do it, similar to what we did with Perez. Then they spend a bit more time in the seniors and exposure to it has it bothering you more and more each game. And it's the reverse effect with Hall. They've seen a bit of it so they tend to inflate how bad it was.
I think it's more that when it's the simple ones that get ****ed up, they're more noticeable, especially from experienced players who have a much smaller leeway for error and forgiveness. For me, Hall misses way too many of those 15-20m basic kicks, regardless of how many 40m bullets he hits

Anyone else having trouble sleeping?

Always

confused tom hardy GIF by Venom Movie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back