Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

Taylor comes into the 22. There is your 2
yep, pretty seamless; still leaves us with the sub, and I don't think there's any point Mahony doing it when he needs to work on his craft, which requires game time. I understand Noble's preference for continuity, so Jack may well stay in, but it doesn't alter the point he's got things to work on. And further to the earlier histrionics, there is an option in the VFL - play Garner, and Lazzaro takes on the small forward role

thanks for your informed judgement about what's available at the VFL level after your one attendance via Kayo, I never knew, so I'll bear it mind.

But on the question of selection, depending on who's carrying a knock, two changes will be required for Zurhaar and LDU (Noble said as much in his presser). With Hall out, that means - again, assuming everyone comes up - someone will need to go out, and in my judgement, that would be Mahony. If others pull up proppy, Mahony will get a reprieve, but needs to work on his kicking

Ps: the next VFL game is 1pm at Arden Street vs Frankston. See you there

You've been watching the VFL for the last few weeks from what I have seen. The two names that have been coming up are Xerri and Garner as the ones that are putting their hands up.

I think Mahony would be better off working on his game in the two right now but I would also take the view that Lazarro and Hayden shouldn't really be holding their spots either.

Xerri doesn't come in for any of them. That is purely a Campbell versus Xerri decision and it seems like Xerri is really making it a tough call.

If LDU and Zurhaar are definite returns I think we should be looking to make at least one more change to bring Garner in. If Garner doesn't get picked this week after he has built some continuity and put up a string of good performances then I worry that his card has been stamped.

yep, pretty seamless; still leaves us with the sub, and I don't think there's any point Mahony doing it when he needs to work on his craft, which requires game time. I understand Noble's preference for continuity, so Jack may well stay in, but it doesn't alter the point he's got things to work on. And further to the earlier histrionics, there is an option in the VFL - play Garner, and Lazzaro takes on the small forward role
Yep, great points but lazzaro pulled up sore with a hammy. So he may make way for garner. I agree mahoney needs a spell, but we arent flush with fit and healthy options which is DY passionate point

To be honest i think jack, will, and laz need a spell.

Will looked spent aside from 1 quarter, I don't really feel he provided much.

Laz was still working hard, but has clearly overworked himself into a hammy.

Jack has had a trial by fire since his debut, he'd benefit from a stint in the magoos.

PEOPLE NEED TO GET THIS THROUGH THEIR THICK SKULLS. THERE IS NOTHING IN THE SCOOBIE DOOS TO REPLACE HIM AND GIVE HIM A SPELL. The only two that did anything from the scoobs was Xerri, Garner and a bloke that isnt listed. FFS you bunch of old moles

Not sure I would term like that but you are correct that Xerri and Garner are the only ones that put their hands up (AFL listed only).

Tyson was serviceable but not putting his hand up so to speak. Will Walker was even behind that.

McGuiness arguably was reasonable but really seemed more link up plays and nothing outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Perhaps Lazaro as the sub to reduce workload if he is tired but still continue his AFL experience opportunities?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps Lazaro as the sub to reduce workload if he is tired but still continue his AFL experience opportunities?

Given he came off yesterday with hamstring awareness, his output has been pretty minimal the last three weeks, and he is a first-year player who pretty much missed a whole season of footy last year then I would rather see him given a rest this week.

I would go with:

Outs: Lazarro, Hall, Mahony, Hayden

Ins: LDU, Zurhaar, Garner, Taylor into 22, and probably Tyson as injury sub.

He's clearly out of form and his confidence is down. I really don't see the point in potting him, or the posters that like him, especially when he's clearly still trying his guts out.

It's no coincidence that he always seems to be in the right spot at the right time. Clearly has the yips in front of goal at the moment, but while it's frustrating right now it's probably not a concern long term. His kicking penetration on the other hand absolutely needs work.

It's no coincidence that he always seems to be in the right spot at the right time. Clearly has the yips in front of goal at the moment, but while it's frustrating right now it's probably not a concern long term.

He used to slot those shots for fun as a junior. Hopefully, he can work through the goalkicking yips. I rewatched Q1 earlier today and he did some good things. I suspect the second miss knocked his confidence around for the rest of the game.

Made some terrible blues tonight but I'm not giving up on him yet.
Mahoney
If you can’t kick you shouldn’t be playing AFL level footy. I don’t know whether he could kick longer than 20 metres

He isn’t a crumber either
He’s still young & I hate more than anyone writing kids off ,
But from what I’ve seen, he can’t kick distances, can’t kick accurately for goals, doesn’t impact the scoreboard at all , is too slow ...
Not much giving me any confidence that we should be keeping him .. we’ve got one of these types already...(Kayne Turner)

Jack Mahony is a better footballer than any of the slobs that stick the boots into him on this website. He's out there, why arent you!!
Not kicking like that he isn't champ

thanks for your informed judgement about what's available at the VFL level after your one attendance via Kayo, I never knew, so I'll bear it mind.

But on the question of selection, depending on who's carrying a knock, two changes will be required for Zurhaar and LDU (Noble said as much in his presser). With Hall out, that means - again, assuming everyone comes up - someone will need to go out, and in my judgement, that would be Mahony. If others pull up proppy, Mahony will get a reprieve, but needs to work on his kicking

Ps: the next VFL game is 1pm at Arden Street vs Frankston. See you there
What’s the go are temp fences up?Do you need to get tickets? I want to go can I just rock up

Jack Mahony is a better footballer than any of the slobs that stick the boots into him on this website. He's out there, why arent you!!

Brother if I could get out there, I'd be literally worse than Mahony if Mahony had been knocked out using chloroform and strapped to a board on the half forward flank, but the club hasnt called, so I don't get that opportunity

Brother if I could get out there, I'd be literally worse than Mahony if Mahony had been knocked out using chloroform and strapped to a board on the half forward flank, but the club hasnt called, so I don't get that opportunity
"Moves like treacle, struggles to kick over a jam tin" was the general consensus of my junior coaches, so I reckon Jack's got me covered too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back