Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that the 3 best wins we have had under this regime have come without Hogan?

I think it's now a genuine question, is it pure coincidence or does he somehow hinder our forward efficiency?

Weid whilst taking no contested marks put on more forward pressure than Hogan has ever done. Now Hogan can actually mark it and kick goals so that's clearly an advantage. But are we too Hogan centric? Do we actually turn the ball over alot because the opposition know where we are going?
Hogan doesn't jump at the footy and I reckon the opposition is quicker to crumb off him than we are generally and it causes a lot of rebound.

Simple solution for me is having him playing more up field. I'm not convinced he's that good 1 on 1 yet because he wrestles too often instead of concentrating on the footy

So - we've been having this debate a bit you and I - I'm firmly in the camp that structurally we are better without him as you know. Which is why for me he is fringe top 10 if you will.

That said, reflecting on our best wins when he was playing it was a 20 possession lots of marks up the ground, almost like a big wingman - so I think that I agree with your solution now you've come around to my way of thinking :p

I wonder if his sookiness effects the team morale a bit as well. Played with a guy like that once

So - we've been having this debate a bit you and I - I'm firmly in the camp that structurally we are better without him as you know. Which is why for me he is fringe top 10 if you will.

That said, reflecting on our best wins when he was playing it was a 20 possession lots of marks up the ground, almost like a big wingman - so I think that I agree with your solution now you've come around to my way of thinking :p

I wonder if his sookiness effects the team morale a bit as well. Played with a guy like that once

You sure it was me your think of? Lol
I've been super critical of him and have regularly said blokes like Daniher will be much better goal kickers over their careers

If hogan is fit he is selected without a second of a doubt but I'm not sure he helps our F50 play at this stage of his career. Maybe their is still to much pressure on a bloke yet to play 50 games deep. Maybe we should be viewing him more on the Weid side of the development path and less on the Hawkins

As has been said he is much more effective as a high roaming CHF than a stay at home FF in the Patton/Hawkins mould, but unfortunately we don't have anyone else to fill that role effectively yet (waiting on the weid). He was brilliant in the Saints game when he simply ran Carlisle into the ground, whereas Carlisle probably would have had his measure if he'd taken the wrestling route.

He has to play the Nick Reiwoldt role. Use his running ability to work backmen over and play high up the ground. Like Nick, Hogan can take contested marks as well which is a huge advantage. Develop Weid as the leading FF. Clearly we are a better side with Hogan in it, however we need to use him as a high HF instead of that stay at home in the goalsquare type.

Definitely a coincidence, but in those three wins we've moved the ball with great skill and precision. I'm sure he would of got on the end of a couple last night if he had of played.

Wow. How ******* horrible for him and his family. Not even time to breathe between burying one family member from cancer and dealing with the illness all over again.

Hopefully its been caught early and he's in a good position to recover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable ... the poor kid, how much more can be thrown at him?

On the positive side, he's young, fit and healthy, and it's very treatable - 95% cure rate they just said on SEN - Tyson Edwards and Sam Rowe are two guys who've had it and come out the other side.

Having surgery today

When you're on a roll...

From an extremely selfish point of view
Trenners career was ruined by injury
Brayshaws career is in jeopardy due to injury and now I'm assuming with little knowledge of the particular cancer than Hogan will have a second year written off now as a best case scenario

However it does pale in comparison to the young mans health and well being. Must be scary to lose your old man from cancer and then get it yourself a 2 weeks later

Get well Jesse. Character building year for him and our squad with all the issues they've gone through. Unbelievable to think if things went out way, we could be undefeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back