Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeh not good news for Jesse, wish him well and a speedy recovery as with Sam Rowe a full recovery is very likely (as is with my nephew 12 years ago now has two lovely kids)

All the best and am sure the club will look after him well.

Very sorry to hear the news of Hogan's cancer. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery and I wish him all the best.

My Uncle had testicular cancer about 20 years ago. He lost one testicle and had extensive chemo but went on to fully recover and has since fathered three children.

I look forward to seeing him back on the G fighting fit!

Not much I can say that hasn't been said already, this is terrible luck for him, but he will be back bigger and better

I once had a lecturer who said if you absolutely had to have cancer, testicular cancer is the one you'd want (despite whatever stigma there may be).
Extraordinarily good prognosis compared to other cancers, and that it was caught early with no signs of spreading is very reassuring

When it rains it pours, but Jesse has a great club with amazing teammates that will help him through the tough times. All the best to him in his recovery, can't wait to see him back out there!

An extremely early diagnosis, and no secondary concerns from the scans, means best possible outcome is likely.

All the best for the recovery, Jesse.
If the details in the media are correct and the results confirm an early stage seminoma (Stage I) the treatment options are:

1. Regular CT scans, blood tests and examination
Or
2. Single dose chemotherapy with Carboplatin (which is a well tolerated drug)

I wish him the best of luck with his recovery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really shitty news. As a cancer survivor I wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.

He has copped it! 2017 is one year that i assume Jesse would never look back on. Gets constantly picked apart with his body language, gets done by the mrp for nothing, has a smoke during suspension and the media beats him up, loses his father and now cops this above all things. I haven't seen such a s**t run of luck in such a long time and not just for a footballer in the public spotlight, but in general.

I really feel for Hogan and i like everyone else wish him all the best for dealing with this and a speedy recovery. Very lucky it was detected so early and i hope that it serves as a motivation for people of his and my age group to go out and get checked. My best thoughts are with jesse and his family who are no doubt drained from 2017 thus far.

Once recovered Hoges, please just enjoy your time. There is no need to rush back into football unless that is what you think is what's best and what you want, and it'll help you recover. But if you need to get away, go on a holiday with family or just chase some sun shine. Please go and do, you deserve it. Do whatever you need to manage, and the club should accommodate.

Best luck jesse

Got everything crossed for the young man,after he's being through so much already.
He's a fighter and will get this beat. Good luck big fella.

Best wishes to Jesse Hogan and his recovery. The good news for him is it is one of the most curable forms of cancer especially when caught early. I hope he caught it in stage 1 like me last year just the surgery and maybe one treatment of chemo. Then regular scans over a few years. I am cancer free so far. Also will effect him psychologically and with the grieving of his father so harsh on the young man. I have no doubt the MFC family will get around him and support him through his difficult times. All the best mate

Serious question for past sufferers or anyone in the know...

What does it do to the status of your plums? Do you have to get sperm frozen if you're undergoing chemo and want kids later?

All the best Jesse Hogan.

Good luck with the treatment and recovery. I'm sure it'll go well.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Fingers crossed he'll be back to help continue our massive winning streak against you guys in the next season or two. No sympathy for the rest of youse this weekend either.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back