1 list spot open in the MSD, what position do we need to fill the most or do we pick best available or do we pick a mature aged player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscomemarchingin

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2022
AFL Club
St Kilda
My feeling is that we need an explosive Midfielder with clean skills or a big bodied Full-Back, or a small Backman or a mid-mature Ruckman.

I just saw a list of 10 South Australian players that could be picked up.

I'll name a few that we could or might have a look at.

A.Aloia- 20y.o big-bodied mid. who accumulates at will & has improved his clearance ability, which was questioned in his draft year.

Luke Beecken- 23 y.o small backman with rapid speed & clean skills.

Kobe Ryan- 20 y.o big- bodied mid. who can explode from the stoppage & likes a tackle. 7th in the Magarey Medal last season in his first year playing with the bottom team.

Wasnt on the list but will add

Brynne Teakle- 24 y.o Ruckman overlooked as a delisted free agent last year.

I will add more players as I come across them.

Last edited:

Max Hall-183cm hard nose mid. getting some interest, can't say I noticed him when Sandy played Box Hill. Although I switched off at half-time.

Is it Benier ? from Sandy that's being mentioned. Aboriginal? small defender maybe? In one game I watched he seemed to have a bit of speed & laid a great run down tackle. Would be surprised if he got picked up though.

If we want another small forward who tackles & puts pressure on- Oscar Smartt he is getting decent attention, Essendon Vfl side? ( we currently only have Butler that does it).

One I liked from last years draft is Cam Nyko- small half back flanker playing with Essendon Vfl side.

Pike a Ruckman from Geelong Vfl unlucky not to have at least got on a rookie list last year.

If we are into max Bennie does anyone know how big he is? I don’t want another medium defender

In an Age article they said he's a 190cm utility but looked like a third tall back at Sandy.

Kelsey Rypstra is a small pressure forward that is apparently in the sights of some clubs according to the Age. I think that's what we need more than a third tall back.

If we are into max Bennie does anyone know how big he is? I don’t want another medium defender
Looks the same height as Nas when they stand next to each other.

He'd be a strange pick up for us. Doesn't exactly play a position of need and his VFL performances have been fairly average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has to set the record for longest thread title. Not just here but in history.

Read like an "ask Geeves" search, so just had to keep it up.

Looks the same height as Nas when they stand next to each other.

He'd be a strange pick up for us. Doesn't exactly play a position of need and his VFL performances have been fairly average.

Someone said he had off the charts numbers for 1 percenters in the ammos. I can't see to personally but I imagine they aren't looking for an instant impact type with him. More a 2 year development project. It doesn't really address our deficiencies though.

Someone said he had off the charts numbers for 1 percenters in the ammos. I can't see to personally but I imagine they aren't looking for an instant impact type with him. More a 2 year development project. It doesn't really address our deficiencies though.
That would be a random and strange stat to recruit someone for.

If we really are interested in him, we should just wait for the Sandy rookie spot and see how he goes for the rest this season. Nothing about the VFL form suggests other clubs would be banging down the door for him.

Benier looks a freak athlete. Playing for Sandy he looked a very solid unit, had a serious vertical leap and runs like the wind. He's far from the finished product though, he ran under the ball a lot and misjudged it in flight. Disposal looked shakey as well.

Benier looks a freak athlete. Playing for Sandy he looked a very solid unit, had a serious vertical leap and runs like the wind. He's far from the finished product though, he ran under the ball a lot and misjudged it in flight. Disposal looked shakey as well.
I've only seen the Richmond vfl game, I couldn't see why the commentators kept saying afl recruiters were looking at him.

Max Hall-183cm hard nose mid. getting some interest, can't say I noticed him when Sandy played Box Hill. Although I switched off at half-time.

Is it Benier ? from Sandy that's being mentioned. Aboriginal? small defender maybe? In one game I watched he seemed to have a bit of speed & laid a great run down tackle. Would be surprised if he got picked up though.

If we want another small forward who tackles & puts pressure on- Oscar Smartt he is getting decent attention, Essendon Vfl side? ( we currently only have Butler that does it).

One I liked from last years draft is Cam Nyko- small half back flanker playing with Essendon Vfl side.

Pike a Ruckman from Geelong Vfl unlucky not to have at least got on a rookie list last year.
Yes to Cam Nyko

Jean-Luc Velissaris
Max Hall
Brayden Crossley :oops:

Last edited:
i'd be grabbing the best player whoever that is at our pick,if nothing outstanding have a free shot at a ruckman,try to fix one of our issues on the cheap

couple mentioned there,teakle and pike,if they work out it gets one of our needs done before trade period and draft,if it doesnt,who cares,it was a free shot

but best player playing any position first,we arent fixing our midfield issue with 1 pick in the mid season draft,so get the best player regardless of position,failing that go the ruckman

1.best available
2.if best available at our pick are GOP,have a free shot at a ruckman

a half-back flanker.

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

We'll pick 'PASS'.

I know he's been drafted a few times but this year could really be the one where he works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back