Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I'll ******* go there, Maj should have been where he was 3 years earlier, he wasn't given the opportunities to gain his confidence. Al Clarkson would have had beast Maj by 2015.

There is no doubt that Maj lacked the benefit of the coaches support that others have had. He, and he isn't on his pat malone, was always in need of a sustained run to develop the confidence. He had one run of maybe 6 games after his debut which was great, but certainly pointed to him a need to improve on certain areas. His next run came last year. But to be honest we have had several players come through the club with potential that either never even had a chance at AFL level or had very few chances, even in crap years like the 2nd half of 2016 and 2017.

That combined with the VFL alignments created a perfect storm in my view.

Was thinking the same thing. generally you announce news after 3 months. thats quite early into his recovery ah well all the best this can only be positive for him and there could even be a possible father son or daughter opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally, some further excellent news for the great man and the North Melbourne family.

Mazel tov my friends, happy trails to all.

Was on the phone to my old man the other day and as our conversations generally do, got around to talking footy. Having watched so many great Carey moments together we got to talking about future father sons players. Wasn't till the old boy piped up with, "fk I'll be in my 90s when he debuts, I better start taking those cholesterol pills again" that I realized how long ago it was the great man graced the field. Seems like yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back