Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had heard somewhere in the $750-$800k range. Being reported now that it was less than $800k which is about right I reckon. 750k will become the new 500k after the CBA
Considering that it was the last contract signed that's a bloody good figure

Considering that it was the last contract signed that's a bloody good figure

I have heard from my mums friend who has something to do with the admin of the club that there is a strong vibe in the group about staying together and not worrying about cash. He likened it to Geelong a little while ago.

Makes sense to try and get 80% of the list in the same age bracket to come through as a group and build something together. A young coach only assists in this. It's the old local footy saying, "a team that parties together wins together"

Agreed. Take a pleasant workplace where nobody compares your pay packet vs your output (ala Dawes) over the extra half a mill any day. Without that pressure he could extend his capabilities and performance massively/

I have heard from my mums friend who has something to do with the admin of the club that there is a strong vibe in the group about staying together and not worrying about cash. He likened it to Geelong a little while ago.

Makes sense to try and get 80% of the list in the same age bracket to come through as a group and build something together. A young coach only assists in this. It's the old local footy saying, "a team that parties together wins together"
idk, I have it on good authority (this thread) that Hogan is a money hungry flog and cares more for his bank account than the team, having held the club over a barrel for more cash for the past 12 months.

If we re-signed him for anywhere in the 750-800K PA range i tip my hat to Josh Mahoney, that is amazing. Also well done to Hoges for not just cashing the coin of course but Mahoney, jebus, well done mate. :thumbsu:

An absolute bargain for a player of his ability and age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If its true his contract is sub 800 Thousand then that is great by Hogan and excellent for Melbourne. Also gives him an opportunity to build further without the kind of scrutiny that is inevitable if you are the highest paid whatever.

I hope the size of his contract remains behind closed doors, no need to give the media something to cling to and put extra pressure on his form, ala T.Boyd (even though he was yet to earn the price tag at the time).

How about the egg in in his press conference yesterday who asked if he'd consider a move home once this contract ends?
Pretty sure I heard Gonzo Zemplis in there too asking the hard hitting questions.
Having to speak to that moron post game every 2nd week/pressers would be enough to make you not want to play in WA.

They replay a s**t load of content on there, really trying to have a radio show that runs 9-5 daily during the trade period is stupid. Just cut off the first 4 hours and do 1-5.
haha yeah, it's also pretty stupid that they start a week before Trade Period even kicks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back