Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotta say our forward structure is crap and non existent for a lot of the game. This young man has pretty much had to go solo in the f50 (Dawes is usless). And for whatever reason Hogan is always outnumbered if he dosent work up the ground to get the ball, hopefully next season it should sort itself out with an improved weeds. I just feel that we have a Ferrari yet we ride the bike to work. Dean kent has never kicked the ball to Hogan either

Gotta say our forward structure is crap and non existent for a lot of the game. This young man has pretty much had to go solo in the f50 (Dawes is usless). And for whatever reason Hogan is always outnumbered if he dosent work up the ground to get the ball, hopefully next season it should sort itself out with an improved weeds. I just feel that we have a Ferrari yet we ride the bike to work. Dean kent has never kicked the ball to Hogan either

Was terrible, was always going to happen if Weid didn't play well above his expected output. Pedersen being dropped was so stupid, yes he isn't a star but he is more useful than Weid currently, especially in the wet.

Was terrible, was always going to happen if Weid didn't play well above his expected output. Pedersen being dropped was so stupid, yes he isn't a star but he is more useful than Weid currently, especially in the wet.

Pedo has every right to storm into the coaches office and ask what the * he was dropped for

One of the better sentences I've read on Bigfooty.

Hogan was okay, clunked some in the wet. However Schwartz well and truly has had the last laugh with his goal kicking. I don't think Hogan will have smart comments to reply with to the ox this time around

Pretty much all of Hogan's goals in the first five weeks of last season were assisted by Kent

I know Hogan theoretically can kick goals since he did without drama in his first year. So whatever it is should be reversible. But I think he should probably work on the ball hold and drop even if he wants to retain the stutter step. And do some meditation or visualising or join a cult or whatever works to distract him from this Greg Norman yips s**t.

Good post except Kent frequently kicks to Hogan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Hogan theoretically can kick goals since he did without drama in his first year. So whatever it is should be reversible. But I think he should probably work on the ball hold and drop even if he wants to retain the stutter step. And do some meditation or visualising or join a cult or whatever works to distract him from this Greg Norman yips s**t.
Yep, Kennedy does the same stutter and doesn't have an issue because he has a good drop. Hogan the ball is moving side to side across his leg the whole run up so who the * knows what angle it's going to make contact at

Yep, Kennedy does the same stutter and doesn't have an issue because he has a good drop. Hogan the ball is moving side to side across his leg the whole run up so who the **** knows what angle it's going to make contact at
I dont think it helps that he drops with the opposite hand, I think Schwarz pointed that out (N Riewoldt does too, but his run up is much better)

Really liked his game yesterday. Took a lot of contested grabs, worked hard around the ground, his attitude was good I thought, if not for his s**t goal kicking would have had an awesome day.

On his goal kicking, it has to be a mental thing. He showed last year he can kick goals from anywhere in the 50. As Darthsidusfan said above The Ox may be having the last laugh, if laughing at your former football club's current and future FF and potential star because he is missing goals is something worth laughing at.

I seem to think though a former legend of the club potting said clubs 20 year old FF 's kicking technique and literally devaluing his potential output because of it may have played on Hogan's young mind and in hindsight was a completely stupid thing to do.

It's amazing how many key forwards really struggle with goalkicking. Richo, T. Cloke, Daniher, Casboult ... big off-season ahead for Jesse to get that part of his game right.

It's amazing how many key forwards really struggle with goalkicking. Richo, T. Cloke, Daniher, Casboult ... big off-season ahead for Jesse to get that part of his game right.

It's true. Would be the easiest thing to correct as well. Once you have your technique down the goals should take care of themselves. I know pressure is hard to replicate but jesus. Let's hope Hoges turns it around!

Russell Robertson was one of the worst kicks i'd seen at the club when he first arrived. But by the end of his career I would have put my life on one of his shots at goal. I have faith Jessie can be 'Robboed'!

061.jpg

Some harsh criticism of a young bloke whose played 40 games. 14 marks including 5 contested on a slippery day. Granted he kicked poorly and has done so for a few weeks now. Has the yips presently but nothing he can't sort out. However I'd be getting someone in to work on his set shot routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back