Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with these idiot forwards like Hogan and Daniher? Why don't they seek out the best in the game and get some advice? I'm sure Dunstall, Carey, Lloyd, etc. are all available for short term stints of coaching. It would be worth investing some money to get the best available. They are both abysmal kicks for the money and hype they receive.

Flip flopping is almost worse than leaving. It stops the team from making longer term plans. This, combined with his kicking yips, paints the picture of a guy who is mentally fragile. Might be a long term challenge to keep him on an even keel.

Brian Taylor has almost said on every Sunday rub that he would be willing to work as a goal kicking coach again but the sports scientists don't allow them enough time
I didn't mind his dig at the ox at the start of the year because I like the entertainment value .. but when your a hey forward who can't kick from distance with confidence and now can't even kick from close with confidence you should be wanting to be better

I completely agree he looks mentally fragile, I don't see a highly confident person at all I see someone who let's things effect him very easily and again that's a problem
I don't see the once in a generation star forward others do .. he's not the best young forward for mine anymore either

I'm not sure what happened to his confidence, last year he looked as confident as they come and this year he has looked really unsure of himself.

I'll say again I thought his game bar his kicking was good on Sunday, but the lack of confidence has been a theme over the whole year. The coaching group will have their work cut out over the offseason if he stays, he still is a great talent but a few weaknesses have been magnified in 2016.

It has almost gotten to the point where if he leaves the thing that will hurt me the most is he didn't want to play for us. It isn't that we'll lose a big talent (Which he is, but we will get compensated very well), it is that we'll lose another key player at the end of the year.

Everyone is freaking out again.

Chill. Second year blooz isn't an unknown phenomenon. There are going to be so many official, 24 carrot panic points in the future it seems a shame to use one up early.

He's an interesting character, so many Melbourne's fans have posted how they thought he had a terrible game.

A lot of the time his hard work around the ground goes unnoticed, only his work close to goal gets discussed

It's true - He can take a pack mark but his big strength I think will be working all over the ground which is less flashy and will get less kudos.

People also seem to think he has a bad attitude and doesn't get around his teammates; He was happy to take a mark in the goal square and hand it off to ANB on Sunday, then celebrate with him. I don't think he'd kicked a goal to this point or at least sprayed a few so you'd forgive him for going back and kicking it himself.

My long winded point is, he is working on the things he has been criticised for and is having some good output, albeit inconsistently (how dare a 21 year old KPF be inconsistent!)

I can't recall that but if he did it from a set shot directly in front then I'd say the same for him too.
On watching it again I probably did exaggerate a bit- he's not directly in front but I did think it was odd at the time as he seemed to be kicking well that day. It's at the 6th minute mark of the 4th term. Just to be clear, I wasn't condoning it- a key forward has to have confidence in their drop punt.

He doesn't drop it fine though, he does when he's confident but he holds it sideways as soon as that drops and that's a problem
Hogan's kicking at 47% for this whole season, that's not good enough at all and when you've got someone like Jason Dunstall telling you its a flawed technique you have

Okay good.

So we agree that it's confidence and not technique causing the issues? Great

What is it with these idiot forwards like Hogan and Daniher? Why don't they seek out the best in the game and get some advice? I'm sure Dunstall, Carey, Lloyd, etc. are all available for short term stints of coaching. It would be worth investing some money to get the best available. They are both abysmal kicks for the money and hype they receive.

Flip flopping is almost worse than leaving. It stops the team from making longer term plans. This, combined with his kicking yips, paints the picture of a guy who is mentally fragile. Might be a long term challenge to keep him on an even keel.
You mean like how Hogan regularly catches up with Carey?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Okay good.

So we agree that it's confidence and not technique causing the issues? Great

Haha not at all mate, if I'm confident enough I could hold it sideways and kick through the belly of the ball and put it through
The reason you have technique in any sport is so you have something to fall back on when you lose confidence which every sportsmen does

His kicking action Is atrocious and if he's going to ignore it then it will get worse before it gets better

Like I said he's kicked at less than 50% for the whole season, that's not good enough

B
Haha not at all mate, if I'm confident enough I could hold it sideways and kick through the belly of the ball and put it through
The reason you have technique in any sport is so you have something to fall back on when you lose confidence which every sportsmen does

His kicking action Is atrocious and if he's going to ignore it then it will get worse before it gets better

Like I said he's kicked at less than 50% for the whole season, that's not good enough

But he doesn't hold it sideways unless going for distance does he?

I've always felt that inside 45 his technique is sound, outside 45 it is terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B

But he doesn't hold it sideways unless going for distance does he?

I've always felt that inside 45 his technique is sound, outside 45 it is terrible.

Dunno, he was holding it sideways against the blues from close but I honestly can't think if he always does it
From close when he's confident he seems to be able to do it quite simply and he sort of pops it through the goals like Watts does .. but he has mental demons that destroy his technique and it has to be fixed imo

Dunno, he was holding it sideways against the blues from close but I honestly can't think if he always does it
From close when he's confident he seems to be able to do it quite simply and he sort of pops it through the goals like Watts does .. but he has mental demons that destroy his technique and it has to be fixed imo

I don't like guys who just try and pop it through unless they are technically excellent like Watts is anyway.

147 pages long oh boy, IF he signs on this thread will be a monster in 5 years time

Reckon one way or another this thread explodes by trade week.

The latest training gallery on the Dees website has Hogan smiling with Harmesy.

I'm no psychologist but I'd say that means he is staying.
Not if you trust Damien Barrett and his incredible powers of perception ...

Melbourne
IF
we rate ourselves as a reader of body language ...
Then
... we're reading bad things into Jesse right now.

147 pages long oh boy, IF he signs on this thread will be a monster in 5 years time
We've been given an undertaking as mods to break up any 10,000+ post threads...the General MFC one is worse.

Hey Ando727 just look at how insanely happy Jesse looks in his demons training gear with his demon pal Harmes. Note the very very happy and also very loyal look on his face. He's working on his body language and his dodgy set shots just for you

image.jpg

Melbourne
IF
Then

LOL

Hogan was fine on the weekend with his attitude. Not saying he'll definitely stay but sometimes I wonder if these journos even watch footy.

Melbourne
IF
Then

Barrett is a ******* idiot.

Hogan had what 14 marks on the weekend and several were contested, but his body language was bad?

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back