Opinion 10 most under rated current players

Remove this Banner Ad

clearance machine, ball magnet, efficient, great contested player and tackles extremely well. talking midfielders only ablett, pendles, judd and selwood are the only ones I would take infront of Priddis.
Murphy, Boyd, Swan, Mitchell, Watson all are better than Priddis IMO, probably forgetting some as well.
You couldnt seriously put him in the top 10 including KPP.

1. Ablett
2. Pendles
3. Franklin
4. Judd
5. Selwood
6. Cox
7. Goddard
8. Priddis
9. Swan
10. Murphy

Maybe it is just me but I think if Priddis played for a Collingwood or Carlton and did the stuff he does for the Eagles he would be up there. Just doesn't get enough exposure in Victoria.

1. Ablett
2. Pendles
3. Franklin
4. Judd
5. Selwood
6. Cox
7. Goddard
8. Priddis
9. Swan
10. Murphy

Maybe it is just me but I think if Priddis played for a Collingwood or Carlton and did the stuff he does for the Eagles he would be up there. Just doesn't get enough exposure in Victoria.
Ahead of Swan, Murphy, Cloke, Mitchell, Goodes?

From Carlton, Jeremy Laidler would be edging his was on to an expanded list. He's been remarkably consistent since landing at the Blues and would probably be their best defender behind Jamison; a better pick up than Duigan IMO, which is saying something.

Personally I think Kade Simpson is the most underrated in the comp. Absolute champion & consistent performer, all a club can ask for.

Anyone mentioned Shane Edwards yet?

I reckon he's okay and if the Tigers step up like I think they will over the next 3 seasons it will serve him well playing in a good team.

]Luke Shuey
Should have at least tied for the Rising Star and would have won it had he played for Essendon and Heppel played for the Eagles

Horseshit.jpg

2011 Dyson Heppell Essendon
2010 Daniel Hannebery Sydney Swans
2009 Daniel Rich Brisbane Lions
2008 Rhys Palmer Fremantle
2007 Joel Selwood Geelong Cats
2006 Danyle Pearce Port Adelaide
2005 Brett Deledio Richmond
2004 Jared Rivers Melbourne
2003 Sam Mitchell Hawthorn
2002 Nick Riewoldt St Kilda
2001 Justin Koschitzke St Kilda
2000 Paul Hasleby Fremantle
1999 Adam Goodes Sydney Swans
1998 Byron Pickett North Melbourne
1997 Michael Wilson Port Adelaide
]1996 Ben Cousins West Coast Eagles
1995 Nick Holland Hawthorn
1994 Chris Scott Brisbane Lions
1993 Nathan Buckley Brisbane Lions

So, since 1993 11 rising star winners have been from non-Victorian clubs, 8 from Victorian clubs. Considering that up to the start of last year there were 10 Victorian clubs and only 6 non-Victorian clubs it's fair to say that non-Victorians have dominated the award.

Non-victorians really need to get rid of that chip on their shoulder.

Anyone mentioned Shane Edwards yet?

I reckon he's okay and if the Tigers step up like I think they will over the next 3 seasons it will serve him well playing in a good team.
I can see where you're going, I don't mind him either, but he still burns it too much. He does the hard work, gets it out of congestion, then buggers it all up.

If he gets a bit better & smarter with his disposal, then he'll be a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heath Hocking (Ess)
Rory Sloane (Adel)
Trent Cotchin (Rich) although starting to get rated
Josh P Kennedy (Syd)
Steele Sidebottom (Coll)

Thompson, flat track bullie, when the going gets tough he's often nowhere to be seen.

Thats one of the funnier descriptions of Thompson i have ever heard.

Going was pretty tough last year and he won our BnF by a record margin. Also racked up many big possession games in massive losses. Had 38 in rnd 24 last year in a 100 point loss to WC

He is as far from a flat track bully as you're likely to find

Horseshit.jpg

2011 Dyson Heppell Essendon
2010 Daniel Hannebery Sydney Swans
2009 Daniel Rich Brisbane Lions
2008 Rhys Palmer Fremantle
2007 Joel Selwood Geelong Cats
2006 Danyle Pearce Port Adelaide
2005 Brett Deledio Richmond
2004 Jared Rivers Melbourne
2003 Sam Mitchell Hawthorn
2002 Nick Riewoldt St Kilda
2001 Justin Koschitzke St Kilda
2000 Paul Hasleby Fremantle
1999 Adam Goodes Sydney Swans
1998 Byron Pickett North Melbourne
1997 Michael Wilson Port Adelaide
]1996 Ben Cousins West Coast Eagles
1995 Nick Holland Hawthorn
1994 Chris Scott Brisbane Lions
1993 Nathan Buckley Brisbane Lions

So, since 1993 11 rising star winners have been from non-Victorian clubs, 8 from Victorian clubs. Considering that up to the start of last year there were 10 Victorian clubs and only 6 non-Victorian clubs it's fair to say that non-Victorians have dominated the award.

Non-victorians really need to get rid of that chip on their shoulder.
We may play a couple of games in Tassie but we're still a Victorian team.
Either player would have been worthy as neither have had any of the second year blues.

Scotland. He's just a HB, get lots of cheapies across HB as all HBs do, if anything he's overrated, who would he replace in the AA team out of interest?

Rockliff is a fine young player, but he gets so much midfield time because the Lions just don't have anyone else, he simply wouldn't get a game as a starting mid in a top 4 team, no way, give a player like Wellingham a full game in the midfield and he can have a 38 disposal, 2 goal game with 19 inside 50s, Rockliff simply isn't capable of that, doesn't hit the scoreboard enough either, he's massively overrated by lions fans IMO.

Thomson, flat track bullie, when the going gets tough he's often nowhere to be seen.

Simpson, been underrated for a long time, very good player.

Stanton, hasn't got a defensive bone in his body, front runner.

You were saying?
Rockliff would get a game as a starting mid in any team. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back