Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

North posting the interview. This saga keeps getting more and more delightful. Pumped to see Polec in north colours.
Much like myself, this bloke is ........ Punching well above his weight.

th
If you've seen him in 'Waco' you wouldn't say that. Marrying a Michael Shannon lookalike is a good catch. Not sure I'd like to lookalike a guy with two first names.

Are you intending to use 21 as points for Thomas ?
Most likely. Will depend on where he gets bid on. Though with all the compo and priority picks, it may slide to where our current pick is.

I had a giggle today when i heard on the radio that Westerns are going to make a play for Chad Wingard, still playing the copycat game :D

good luck to them i say. if they want to pay 950k+ py, and give up who knows what for him, as i said good luck.

I'm not sure where you got your calculations from but 10 for Polec and either 21 or 27 values polec as either 39 or 31. although we would love a straight swap, the swap of one of our third rounders either 45/46 (Pushing out to probably 49/50) and polec for 10 values Polec at either 19/18 (or 17 with pick 49/50) which is fairer for what we'd both rate Polec, and hopefully how the trade will end.
If you rated hm why did you put a crap offer in front of him? You bring in spuds like Watts and Motlop and then try to embarrass one of your best players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate the Port board as 2ND best on here, but wow they are bitter. Grieving strategies include: Polec will be ruined by the hard surface at Etihad, he's lost his soul moving away from his mum's pasta for money, North will make him bulk up in the gym and he won't be quick any more, at least he'll never win a flag(!!). He's a gun player and heart and soul Alberton man whose loss shows clearly the dire straits the whole club is in. And he's an injury prone flaky one sided money chaser who they are better off without. You can't think clearly when you've just lost something you couldn't afford to lose.

I almost feel sorry for them, they are a proper football club and they looked like having a proper crack but things have gone horribly awry. I am stoked to have Jared at North, he is exactly what we need. He will thrive with us because Scott - for all the hate - knows how to get the best out of players, and has always wanted ultimately to play attractive, attacking football. Looking forward to seeing him using his pace and lovely left foot for many years with us.

I rate the Port board as 2ND best on here, but wow they are bitter. Grieving strategies include: Polec will be ruined by the hard surface at Etihad, he's lost his soul moving away from his mum's pasta for money, North will make him bulk up in the gym and he won't be quick any more, at least he'll never win a flag(!!). He's a gun player and heart and soul Alberton man whose loss shows clearly the dire straits the whole club is in. And he's an injury prone flaky one sided money chaser who they are better off without. You can't think clearly when you've just lost something you couldn't afford to lose.

Don't forget that the trade price should be 100% reflective of the contract we're offering, not the contract they've offered.

I almost feel sorry for them, they are a proper football club and they looked like having a proper crack but things have gone horribly awry. I am stoked to have Jared at North, he is exactly what we need. He will thrive with us because Scott - for all the hate - knows how to get the best out of players, and has always wanted ultimately to play attractive, attacking football. Looking forward to seeing him using his pace and lovely left foot for many years with us.
No doubt they were as outraged when Rockliffe left Brisbane?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

No doubt they were as outraged when Rockliffe left Brisbane?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely, there's several hundred page threads on that.
And Jack Watts of course, although Melbourne gave him the arse. And then Melbourne make a prelim, and Port are in strife. They also got Voss. Makes you wonder...at least they delisted Toumpas. Who's left in the AFL from those dank Demon years apart from Watts and Jones?

If you rated hm why did you put a crap offer in front of him? You bring in spuds like Watts and Motlop and then try to embarrass one of your best players.

Bloody hell mate, they gave him what the believe was a fair price considering how we've been burnt in the past by big contracts. Not our fault you guys wanna fork out 3.5mil over 5yrs, which we were never gonna match. Spuds really, i'll give you Watts who was pretty poor, but believe he'll function better down the wing next year, but Motlop wasn't to bad really. main point is our coaching and tactics didn't do anyone favours last year, here's hoping it switches next year or we're ****ed from the start. plus why did we get them, they believed the fulfilled a need same as you picking up Hartung.

Bloody hell mate, they gave him what the believe was a fair price considering how we've been burnt in the past by big contracts. Not our fault you guys wanna fork out 3.5mil over 5yrs, which we were never gonna match. Spuds really, i'll give you Watts who was pretty poor, but believe he'll function better down the wing next year, but Motlop wasn't to bad really. main point is our coaching and tactics didn't do anyone favours last year, here's hoping it switches next year or we're ****** from the start. plus why did we get them, they believed the fulfilled a need same as you picking up Hartung.

Not quite the same as recruiting a delisted player as a late draft pick.

Bloody hell mate, they gave him what the believe was a fair price considering how we've been burnt in the past by big contracts. Not our fault you guys wanna fork out 3.5mil over 5yrs, which we were never gonna match. Spuds really, i'll give you Watts who was pretty poor, but believe he'll function better down the wing next year, but Motlop wasn't to bad really. main point is our coaching and tactics didn't do anyone favours last year, here's hoping it switches next year or we're ****** from the start. plus why did we get them, they believed the fulfilled a need same as you picking up Hartung.

All reasonable, with the exception that picking up 4 under-performing but (in 3 cases) expensive players has squeezed out a high performer.

We've managed our list better. Check out our contracts thread if you don't believe it. Putting expendables like Hartung on a 1-year contract has helped. I assume Port did that with Trengove, but the other 3 will keep costing you.

All reasonable, with the exception that picking up 4 under-performing but (in 3 cases) expensive players has squeezed out a high performer.

We've managed our list better. Check out our contracts thread if you don't believe it. Putting expendables like Hartung on a 1-year contract has helped. I assume Port did that with Trengove, but the other 3 will keep costing you.

Salary Cap isn't the problem if your are presuming it is. The club just decide that they felt the offer they made was reasonable for Polecat, unfortunately by the time we came to the table the difference between our offer and yours was far to great to overlook, which is fair enough and good play by your list management. Year 1 for the Tradees I will coincide was a failure, but never know, Here's Hoping with a change of coaching staff (not sure where these 3 new coaches are gonna come from) and definitely game plan they will be utilised in their Correct positions and perform well. I reckon we'll keep Trengrove for another year hopefully, mind you he kicks over 85% efficiency which is a clearly to accurate for kenny's liking.

Hopefully pec
Salary Cap isn't the problem if your are presuming it is. The club just decide that they felt the offer they made was reasonable for Polecat, unfortunately by the time we came to the table the difference between our offer and yours was far to great to overlook, which is fair enough and good play by your list management. Year 1 for the Tradees I will coincide was a failure, but never know, Here's Hoping with a change of coaching staff (not sure where these 3 new coaches are gonna come from) and definitely game plan they will be utilised in their Correct positions and perform well. I reckon we'll keep Trengrove for another year hopefully, mind you he kicks over 85% efficiency which is a clearly to accurate for kenny's liking.
Hopefully Polec keeps this year's form and earns his cash. If he does that he'll be a great addition to the team.
First and foremost, hope the club's can agree on his trade value with both clubs feeling ever so slightly pissed off. Kinda like family law, it's how trading probably should work.
Just as important I hope that getting Polec helps us get one or two more of our targets. That'd be amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back